Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: The Desean Jackson Thread Part Deux (Signed with Washington)

Absolutely terrible. We let another great one get away.

For God's sake, when will Idzik get a big-time free agent?! DJax was just the guy we needed to take our offense to the next level and we didn't even take a peek.

We have more than enough money and draft picks to burn. This is a position of NEED and we let a potential all-time great get away. What are we waiting for ?!?!?!?!?!

All League

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

DJax will be a headache come contract time. I think Idzik did the right thing. There is no room for non-locker room guys in his plan. You really do not need that for what is shaping up to be a pretty young team. You have to commend him for sticking to his guns. If Mike T were still in charge we would have minimal draft picks left and a bunch of temporary high-priced band aids. Lets all breath and wait until the draft. He is building it right. You want success to last. Especially as a Jets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyWiseau_4 View Post

For God's sake, when will Idzik get a big-time free agent?! DJax was just the guy we needed to take our offense to the next level and we didn't even take a peek.

We have more than enough money and draft picks to burn. This is a position of NEED and we let a potential all-time great get away. What are we waiting for ?!?!?!?!?!
    Ummmmmmmm....... Doesn't Eric Decker count as a big time free agent?

Personally, for me, as long as he's not a Patriot, I'm fine with this.

Bet you the Redskins used the "revenge" angle.

Go draft your own WR stud

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Djax sucks anyway.

Not as bad as you think... For all of his talent, he is a headache.. not a team guy... would be on his best behavior for 1 year maximum.. then the trouble begins.... Great Talent! Huge Headache! he won't be good in locker room.. will be an issue w/ coaches and will want more money all the time...

The fact that the two teams that are bidding are the Raiders and Redskins should speak volumes here.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
    The fact that the two teams that are bidding are the Raiders and Redskins should speak volumes here.

Ain't that the truth...... Haven't checked any local Phili articles.. Has any of his former teammates expressed disappointment that he is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
    Exactly. I wouldn't have minded bringing him in, but it certainly tells you something when the two worst run franchises are the ones battling for his services.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Exactly. I wouldn't have minded bringing him in, but it certainly tells you something when the two worst run franchises are the ones battling for his services.
    Yeah something tells me we dodged a bullet here. I would have loved to sign him but we probably just avoided a future headache. If Tannenfraud was still our GM I'm sure he would have been a Jet by now.....

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Rank Team Current Value
    Dallas Cowboys
    2,300 (Billion)
    New England Patriots
    Washington Redskins
    New York Giants
    Houston Texans
    New York Jets
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Chicago Bears
    Baltimore Ravens
    San Francisco 49ers
    The Most Valuable NFL Teams

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Yeah something tells me we dodged a bullet here. I would have loved to sign him but we probably just avoided a future headache. If Tannenfraud was still our GM I'm sure he would have been a Jet by now.....
    He's a tremendous talent.... but can be a tremendous problem.... Eagles had him locked up for a few more years and they dumped him.. Teams are all intrigued by his talent.. once they have to consider his price tag.. .then the baggage and negatives..

I'm glad that this is over with and I'm glad he stayed in the NFC East. The Eagles are still far and away the best team in the division but this move makes the Redskins much better and hurts the Giants.

part of being a good negotiator/businessman is having the nuts to walk away from something really intriguing

you guys are right, if it were tanny, he would be a jet

i like having youth and cap space. gotta like izadick. at least for now...

Deepest WR draft in decades. Idzik is building a team. Along with Decker, he will draft one in the first 3 rounds and maybe another later. Super talented group of WRs. Had we signed D-Jax, a future headache for sure, we wouldn't be taking two of these great prospects. Sure D-Jax is good but he is obviously not missed by his teammates in Philly, not one of whom stepped up to go to bat for him. In fact, Maclin had some nasty things to say about his presence. The clincher for me is that, when push came to shove, BOTH of his former coaches didn't want him and WR is a position of great need in KC. That speaks volumes.

D-Jax = Santonio Holmes II from a headache perspective.

Re: DJax

@975TheFanatic: Schefter: Everything I've been told, and I've spoken to a lot of people, is it's just not a done deal.

@975TheFanatic: Schefter: Other teams have been on the phone with him this morning. A head coach was on the phone with him last night and gave him the pitch

@975TheFanatic: Schefter: If the Oakland Raiders are willing to pay him $100 more then I think he's willing to go there.

All Pro
    Going by some of the posts here, one would think that Jackson is the second coming of Jerry Rice. Sorry, but that's simply not the case. He's about as inconsistent as they come for a #1 WR; a very boom or bust player. Jackson is talented, but his entire career has been plagued with inconsistency, and he didn't really break out until Chip Kelly came into the picture, which had an inflating effect on all the offensive skill positions.

I think the Jets are playing this the right way. Given the apparent WR talent in this year's draft, it's a much better long term strategy to draft a WR at #18 with a similar skill set (Lee, Cooks, Beckham) at a quarter of the price and none of the baggage. Decker and Kerley are the veteran anchors. Now let's develop some talent in house and allow the young quarterback and receivers to grow together.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    part of being a good negotiator/businessman is having the nuts to walk away from something really intriguing

you guys are right, if it were tanny, he would be a jet

i like having youth and cap space. gotta like izadick. at least for now...

Yes, I am waiting for his plan to come to fruition before I judge his time here.....everything he's done so far proves that he has half a brain.

Oakland won March, but I guarantee we will have a better record than them. The same people crying that Idzik sucks will be the same people laughing at Oakland for blowing their load in FA and go 5-11. Can't have it both ways...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Deepest WR draft in decades. Idzik is building a team. Along with Decker, he will draft one in the first 3 rounds and maybe another later. Super talented group of WRs. Had we signed D-Jax, a future headache for sure, we wouldn't be taking two of these great prospects. Sure D-Jax is good but he is obviously not missed by his teammates in Philly, not one of whom stepped up to go to bat for him. In fact, Maclin had some nasty things to say about his presence. The clincher for me is that, when push came to shove, BOTH of his former coaches didn't want him and WR is a position of great need in KC. That speaks volumes.

D-Jax = Santonio Holmes II from a headache perspective.
    I'm glad he's going somewhere else. I recall the first time I ever saw the guy play. He ran out of bounds returning a punt (rather than challenge the punter) against the Vikings, goes straight over and gets in the coach's face (Childress?), taunting him. Somehow avoids a penalty. But I remember thinking this guy is a total douchebag, taunting an old bald guy who will never get to hit him. In fact, I think I started a thread to that effect at the time.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/th...kson-is-a-punk

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    Djax has Grapenuts for breakfast. Should I start another thread about it?
    Do they still make those? He must have good teeth.