Page 11 of 157 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Chris Johnson Signed! (Merged)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Sign me up:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/vi...8-5ce3c6885e55

Is it a little weird that this video, although NFL network, is being promoted by the Jets website?
    They are all under the umbrella of the NFL, the NFL Network, NFL.com and newyorkjets.com are all properties of the NFL.

Veteran
    The Jets will beat you when their ground game is humming. CJ makes sense and I don't believe, if CJ is being explored is coming here to compliment anyone. I don't see it..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    CJ is a complete back w/ ability to break long runs in both running and passing attack... As goods as Ivory played last year... can you really count on him to be and every down back? durability is an issue... RBBC might be best option for Jets.... CJ is type of player that the defense will key on.... think it could open things up in passing game regardless of who is playing QB...

No sense in getting your hopes up... Idzik hasn't been real aggressive in FA... although we may have interest, no lock that we won't be outbid by another team
    Chris Johnston last year had 5 carries over 20 yards and zero over 40 yards in 279 carries, with the longest carry being 30 yards, his rushing average was 3.9 yards
    Chris Ivory last year had 8 carries over 20 yards and two over 40 yards in 182 carries, with the longest carry being 69 yards, his avg was 4.6 yards per carry.

Chris Johnstons breakway stats have been declining constantly the last few years. He still gets the no gain or loss carres but now rarely breaks a big one. He may be worth pursuing on a reasonable priced deal but he is far from the player he was. His big attraction is his ability to catch the ball and produce in that fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    The Jets will beat you when their ground game is humming. CJ makes sense and I don't believe, if CJ is being explored is coming here to compliment anyone. I don't see it..

CJ would no doubt be in a timeshare...he's not a feature back anymore...here his percentage of carries could sway in the heavier side, depending on his success that day IMO

Veteran

I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Chris Johnston last year had 5 carries over 20 yards and zero over 40 yards in 279 carries, with the longest carry being 30 yards, his rushing average was 3.9 yards
    Chris Ivory last year had 8 carries over 20 yards and two over 40 yards in 182 carries, with the longest carry being 69 yards, his avg was 4.6 yards per carry.

Chris Johnstons breakway stats have been declining constantly the last few years. He still gets the no gain or loss carres but now rarely breaks a big one. He may be worth pursuing on a reasonable priced deal but he is far from the player he was. His big attraction is his ability to catch the ball and produce in that fashion.
    Could you forward your post to idzik and rex!

CJ would be so miscast on this team, not to mention given our current backs, we are set up perfectly to draft someone in the mid rounds to be the 3rd back this season and 2nd next year. Ivory clearly deserves to be the lead back here and I look forward to seeing what he can do vs a non-stacked box and with a TE that can actually block.

Powell is an exceptional backup RB. He can handle 20 carries if necessary, can catch, can pass protect, and keeps quiet.

Rookie RBs usually take time and we can bring someone along slowly.

Bringing in a veteran with a history of being a pain in the a$$ is a horrible idea

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

CJ would be so miscast on this team, not to mention given our current backs, we are set up perfectly to draft someone in the mid rounds to be the 3rd back this season and 2nd next year. Ivory clearly deserves to be the lead back here and I look forward to seeing what he can do vs a non-stacked box and with a TE that can actually block.

Powell is an exceptional backup RB. He can handle 20 carries if necessary, can catch, can pass protect, and keeps quiet.

Bringing in a veteran with a history of being a pain in the a$$ is a horrible idea
    Out of all the positions RB should be the easiest to start right away in the NFL???

Call me an optimist: I don't see the appeal to Chris Johnson. There's 3 good backs on the roster, unless I'm missing something and Goodson was cut/isn't coming back/going to jail.

This offense actually looked decent last year with Goodson mixed in. They need a WR, not a washed up RB.

The Jets just posted a status on facebook quoting the media saying Chris Johnson would be a great fit for the Jets. Which is very interesting. The Jets typically don't do that so if they are there may be some team buzz and they may be trying to send us a message here.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    The Jets just posted a status on facebook quoting the media saying Chris Johnson would be a great fit for the Jets. Which is very interesting. The Jets typically don't do that so if they are there may be some team buzz and they may be trying to send us a message here.
    they also posted something when Djax was cut

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    they also posted something when Djax was cut
    Yup. They have thrown out 20 different draft targets as well. They are just trying to get people to interact.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Call me an optimist: I don't see the appeal to Chris Johnson. There's 3 good backs on the roster, unless I'm missing something and Goodson was cut/isn't coming back/going to jail.

This offense actually looked decent last year with Goodson mixed in. They need a WR, not a washed up RB.
    So you are saying that by signing CJ it would hurt our chances of landing another WR? How so? We aren't going after Desean and not much is left in WR FA pool. Plus we have TONS of cap space so we could theoretically sign CJ and trade for another high priced WR if that is what Idzik wanted to do.

If anything, by signing CJ, we are less likely to grab a RB in the 2-5th rounds allowing us to target more WRs/TEs.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

No need to bring logic into this, we need to sign any and all free agents for no good reason!

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    The Jets two biggest needs are at WR and CB....IMHO of course. The good FA CB's are gone from FA so the Jets may be looking at a scenario where they target a CB like Dennard in Round 1 after signing Jackson, and then start going to WR and TE in Rounds 2 and 3.

Signing Jackson would give the Jets a lot of flexibility for the Draft.
    Except, this is the best year for receivers in a draft in recent history. We will either: pick a receiver to grow with Geno, or sign Djack and start Vick. I don't think Desean will come here if Geno is starting instead of his buddy. Or maybe he will and plead for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post

I like it

am i crazy or did LT gain some weight?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Jeremy Kerley, Bilal Powell & Darrin Walls are the three most under appreciated & under valued players the Jets have.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-01-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post

Messing with Your Mind.jpg

I'd gladly give CJ a 2 or 3 yr deal. Financial friendly after the 1st or 2nd season.

The Chris duo of Ivory & Johnson would be very pleasant.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    am i crazy or did LT gain some weight?
    Didn't notice but I thought it was a refreshing positive segment for a change...

Chris Johnson+Chris Ivory???? What a backfield.