Page 17 of 157 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Chris Johnson Signed! (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I like Ivory a lot....he really came on towards the middle and end of the year once he got over his early hamstring issues

It's not just gunna be one of them in at all times on 1st/2nd downs....They are both good enough to play a lot in a RB by committee......Could also be playing the hot hand or playing them more against certain defenses
    I agree. Ivory is a beast but has durability issues. The jets should try and keep ivory around by limiting his touches to 10-14 per game. I see ivory as a better version of the 2009-2010 shonn Greene. End of games and late in the season bulldozer.

Veteran
    I don't know CJ couldn't even beat a cheetah in a race. Not sure if I would want him after that race.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    So thus you want to pay 4+ mil for a part time back who is in the middle of a decline who's effort has been questioned for years. Brilliant
    You're not very intelligent. Johnson is still an elite RB and would instantly turn the Jets into contenders.

Tell me, why are you so intent on not wanting the Jets to compete for the Super Bowl this year?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Man, you are like a bad egg in a candy store during free agency.

Attachment 6517
    LOL, that was funny as hell.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyWiseau_6 View Post
    You're not very intelligent. Johnson is still an elite RB and would instantly turn the Jets into contenders.

Tell me, why are you so intent on not wanting the Jets to compete for the Super Bowl this year?
    He's not elite, he has an elite name. In a time share, he'd be an upgrade as a change of pace back.

Other than the one year when CJ2K ran for 2000+ yards he is a very consistent 1500 yards from scrimmage. He really has not declined in his statistics. The guy is still a big time player.

4-5 million per year for 3 years guaranteeing 9 million will get it done. The contract can be set up so we can release him after 2015 ad cancel the 3rd year of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bjetsb View Post
    He's not elite, he has an elite name. In a time share, he'd be an upgrade as a change of pace back.
    i think there are 2 extreme lines of thought related to CJ.

He's not a top 5 back at this point, but he is top 10. He has averaged 1,400+ yards from scrimmage his whole career, and put up some solid numbers on a very volatile offense last year. I think in a situation with the Jets he would thrive. RB heavy attack, strong defense = a very strong fit.

I think the Jes need to bring CJ in for a visit immediately. Then we can head into the draft and fill holes with our multie of picks. CJ changes the dimension of our offense. Plus there's been a lot of valid talk of huge running lanes with a Vick/CJ combo and I can't disagree. It will also alow Ivory to really expode and what he does best.

I for on will be a very happy camper if we bring CJ in here.

I think CJ opens us up offensively. Similar to what Sproles will do for PHI. Sproles isn't a feature back but he opens up a whole wrinkle of the offense for them an will only make McCoy better.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 04-04-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Charter JI Member
    You're not very intelligent.
    goodbye...again

and yes we will continue to punt you going forward

Rookie

Chris Johnson to be released today

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    No great surprise, but Titans are releasing RB Chris Johnson today, per source close to situation. Johnson will be a free agent.

All League
    Well let's see how much interest we truly have in CJ. I would be happy with having a backfield of Ivory, Johnson and Powell.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Published: April 4, 2014 at 08:31 a.m.
    Report: Chris Johnson on radar of Cowboys, Giants, Jets

Chris Wesseling
    Around the League Writer
    Chris Johnson is in Nashville Friday for a face-to-face meeting with general manager Ruston Webster, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday night.

The Tennessee Titans are expected to release their star running back shortly thereafter, per Rapoport.

Once Johnson hits the open market, look for the Giants and Cowboys to join the Jets in kicking his tires.

Although the Jets' interest is widely known, FOX Sports' Mike Garofolo reports the Cowboys and Giants were also among the teams that have inquired since Johnson hit the trade block early last month.

The Jets and Cowboys -- leading Around The League's list of CJ2K's potential landing spots -- will likely be the most ardent suitors.

The Giants have already added former Raiders running back Rashad Jennings, and coach Tom Coughlin is "counting on" 2012 first-round draft pick David Wilson contributing this season.

Since the Jets have the second-most salary-cap space of any NFL team, they will have the upper hand if the bidding for Johnson goes well over the going rate of $3 million annually for veteran running backs.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Veteran

Chris Wesseling
    Around the League Writer
    Chris Johnson is in Nashville Friday for a face-to-face meeting with general manager Ruston Webster, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday night.

The Tennessee Titans are expected to release their star running back shortly thereafter, per Rapoport.

Once Johnson hits the open market, look for the Giants and Cowboys to join the Jets in kicking his tires.

Although the Jets' interest is widely known, FOX Sports' Mike Garofolo reports the Cowboys and Giants were also among the teams that have inquired since Johnson hit the trade block early last month.

The Jets and Cowboys -- leading Around The League's list of CJ2K's potential landing spots -- will likely be the most ardent suitors.

The Giants have already added former Raiders running back Rashad Jennings, and coach Tom Coughlin is "counting on" 2012 first-round draft pick David Wilson contributing this season.

Since the Jets have the second-most salary-cap space of any NFL team, they will have the upper hand if the bidding for Johnson goes well over the going rate of $3 million annually for veteran running backs.

All Pro
    Let the games begin.....

I'm not 100% in love with signing him, but I think he can be a great contributor for us....he doesn't have that world class speed he had in that 2,000 yd season, but he's still the homerun hitter we desperately need in this offense...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Let the games begin.....

I'm not 100% in love with signing him, but I think he can be a great contributor for us....he doesn't have that world class speed he had in that 2,000 yd season, but he's still the homerun hitter we desperately need in this offense...
    He would be the fastest player on the Jets.

All Pro
    STBFMM

(Sign This Beast for Medium Money)

He can still play, and would be an asset in a rotation with Ivory and Powell. And he has the one thing we really need - speed.

All League
    all depends on how much money he wants and other teams are willing to give him. we know from this offseason Idzik has a price in mind and will stick to it. can always draft a rb

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post

Chris Wesseling
    Around the League Writer

Can't imagine him playing for Jets... for a few reasons... He wants to be a feature back... He wants to get paid a lot.... Can't see Jet's entering a bidding war for a 28 yr old RB....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    Can't imagine him playing for Jets... for a few reasons... He wants to be a feature back... He wants to get paid a lot.... Can't see Jet's entering a bidding war for a 28 yr old RB....
    I've mentioned this as well, who knows...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Plus there's been a lot of valid talk of huge running lanes with a Vick/CJ combo and I can't disagree."
    What good are huge lanes gonna do CJ if he's sitting on the bench next to Mike?

Hall Of Fame

With this statement you immediately showed you are the one who is not very intelligent. No he is not an elite runner anymore, look at his declining stats, no he would not instantly turn the Jets into a contender. Is he a desireable player for the right price? Yes, because he's still a good receiver.