Page 2 of 157 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Chris Johnson Signed! (Merged)

I'm telling you I don't think the jets are out of the running for DJAX. Just too much speculation and media crap out there. It could be that their still doing their due diligence on DJAX before they make a move.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS3233 View Post
    if we have learned one thing this offseason is that the media (and us fans) have absolutely no idea what the Jets are thinking or going to do.

The media thought we were all over the free agent corners Verner, DRC, Revis: barely pursued any of them and lowballed another.

Our owner came out and said we were interested in Desean Jackson and many media pundits said Jets were a likely choice: Now it comes out we didnt even reach out to him

We thought Decker left without a contract: We had no idea we were signing him until the Official Jets Twitter released the news.

CJ2K hasnt even been released from the Titans yet so I would take any new you hear from the media about the Jets or Idzik with a huge grain of salt. Cause odds are they are completely wrong.

In conclusion what we know is we know absolutely nothing
    from Redzone
    Chris Johnson almost certainly won't be with the Titans next month when the team reports for offseason workouts, Ryan Wilson of CBS Sports reports. Johnson was reportedly on the trade block in early March. And even with multiple teams interested in his services, his $8 million base salary in 2014 is prohibitive, which is why he'll likely be released, perhaps as soon as next week, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports.

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that Johnson will eventually land with the Falcons.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I'm telling you I don't think the jets are out of the running for DJAX. Just too much speculation and media crap out there. It could be that their still doing their due diligence on DJAX before they make a move.
    The Jets two biggest needs are at WR and CB....IMHO of course. The good FA CB's are gone from FA so the Jets may be looking at a scenario where they target a CB like Dennard in Round 1 after signing Jackson, and then start going to WR and TE in Rounds 2 and 3.

Signing Jackson would give the Jets a lot of flexibility for the Draft.

Veteran
    Obviously at value this is a good move. Value value value....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Running backs are a dime a dozen in today's NFL. No need to throw money at a has been.

Draft LaDarius Perkins in the 5th round. Guy reminds me a lot of Chris Johnson. Like this guy a lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Running backs are a dime a dozen in today's NFL. No need to throw money at a has been.
    Solution: dri archer

Agree with the folks above. If we can't land Jackson, then Johnson is a nice consolation prize (better than nothing? - or is Powell still preferred?).

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    I'd rather have DJax
    +1.

CJ2K is a real malcontent. D-Jax is a fictional one made up by ESPN.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Agree with the folks above. If we can't land Jackson, then Johnson is a nice consolation prize (better than nothing? - or is Powell still preferred?).
    If the Jets are exploring this solely as plan B I don't get it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I would take Johnson over MJD every day of the week
    I think MJD is the more complete back and would have given Geno better protection on passing downs, but Johnson is still a major upgrade over Powell.

CJ would be a nice addition now that his market has been set - the Titans didn't seem to do a great job of getting Johnson in space the last few years and you have to believe Marty would be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    The Jets two biggest needs are at WR and CB....IMHO of course. The good FA CB's are gone from FA so the Jets may be looking at a scenario where they target a CB like Dennard in Round 1 after signing Jackson, and then start going to WR and TE in Rounds 2 and 3.

Signing Jackson would give the Jets a lot of flexibility for the Draft.
    I like that idea. Only thing is with milliner and denard you have two young inexperienced guys that might be risky.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I like that idea. Only thing is with milliner and denard you have two young inexperienced guys that might be risky.
    That's a fair point, though you could also argue that a Milliner / Denard combo could perform better than the Cromartie / Milliner duo we had last year. Plus you have the position locked up for a decade if Denard pans out.

This is just another reason be high on Jackson - getting him now means no need for WR in the 1st, and then we can all stomach the thought of another defensive player in Rd 1.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    That's a fair point, though you could also argue that a Milliner / Denard combo could perform better than the Cromartie / Milliner duo we had last year. Plus you have the position locked up for a decade if Denard pans out.

This is just another reason be high on Jackson - getting him now means no need for WR in the 1st, and then we can all stomach the thought of another defensive player in Rd 1.
    Yup great point greenwave.

Guarantee jets don't even make a phone call. With the way this offseason is going, we will be lucky to finish .500 with the ****hole of an offense we have.

Zero talent on the offensive side of the ball. Guys like Chris Johnson and Djax instantly make the jets contenders, but of course, idZick thinks the only way to build a team is through the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Wiseau_3 View Post
    Guarantee jets don't even make a phone call. With the way this offseason is going, we will be lucky to finish .500 with the ****hole of an offense we have.

Zero talent on the offensive side of the ball. Guys like Chris Johnson and Djax instantly make the jets contenders, but of course, idZick thinks the only way to build a team is through the draft.

I much preferred Tommy Wiseau 1 and 2.

Jets and Falcons emerging for Chris Johnson...

Thank you.

But seriously though do you not think the jets are being too conservative in free agency?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Last year CJ had 279 carries 1077 yds 3.9 ypc and 6 tds and many Jet fans want him.. We got rid of a back that sucked who had 276 carries 1063 yds and avg 3.9 ypc with 8 tds guess who that was??

Thank you.

But seriously though do you not think the jets are being too conservative in free agency?

I love the refreshing way we have conducted our business this offseason, although I thought with the amount of picks Idzik has accumulated along with the cap space we are sat on he had us in a position to make a Play at a Djax type talent should they become available.

I'm willing to let this play out and make a judgment further down the line.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    If they can convert him to a CB, stb.