Page 22 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 3124

Thread: UPDATE: Chris Johnson Signed! (Merged)

  1. #421
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I would be scared if the Broncos decide to make a move. Easier sell to Johnson
    If CJ is still looking for his touches he will not go to Denver. They love Monte Ball so much they let Moreno go, and with as much as they throw the ball, I am not sure CJ will get the touches he is looking for.

  2. #422
    Cimini is such a cock smoker...

    "The Jets have been exploring the running back market since Day 1 of free agency. They need speed and Johnson provides that. Problem is, his asking price probably will be too high for the frugal Jets. -- Rich Cimini"

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If CJ is still looking for his touches he will not go to Denver. They love Monte Ball so much they let Moreno go, and with as much as they throw the ball, I am not sure CJ will get the touches he is looking for.
    And people saying the Pats are dumb because they already have that back in Shane Vereen.

    So Jets/Giants/Cowboys. Of those 3 the Jets should be the favorite, but the Cowboys are run by a madman

  4. #424
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    Are we honestly Super Bowl contenders this year? IMO no, so why spend money this year for a run when 2015 is more likely to be the year...
    The thread should be Jet fans not the Jets
    That being said a 4mil per 3 year deal with the ability to cut with minimum cap hits I would do
    Also, the FA pool this year is crap honestly. Look up the FA's available next season(of course some will re-sign during the season). There will be some real studs available who are entering the prime of their career. We will have to spend up to the cap floor eventually so who knows, maybe Idzik makes 1 or 2 splashes then.

  5. #425
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,733
    I may be the one person on the planet who still feels that Powell is a solid, durable and cheap option moving forward. He isn't going to make too many highlight reels but he gives us tremendous value for our money.

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    And people saying the Pats are dumb because they already have that back in Shane Vereen.

    So Jets/Giants/Cowboys. Of those 3 the Jets should be the favorite, but the Cowboys are run by a madman
    Rams.

  7. #427
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Rams.
    Rams have 6.5 million in cap space. Complement to Zac Stacy. Reunited with Jeff Fisher.

    Dark horse

  8. #428
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I may be the one person on the planet who still feels that Powell is a solid, durable and cheap option moving forward. He isn't going to make too many highlight reels but he gives us tremendous value for our money.
    I agree...

  9. #429
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,164
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I may be the one person on the planet who still feels that Powell is a solid, durable and cheap option moving forward. He isn't going to make too many highlight reels but he gives us tremendous value for our money.
    I like Powell as well. But if you can lock up CJ, you do it. The RB market is very weak, and CJ isn't going to command a big contract. The odd man out would be Goodson.

  10. #430
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,167
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Dude View Post
    Cimini is such a cock smoker...

    "The Jets have been exploring the running back market since Day 1 of free agency. They need speed and Johnson provides that. Problem is, his asking price probably will be too high for the frugal Jets. -- Rich Cimini"
    Ha, he must read JI...

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

  11. #431
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,758
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I may be the one person on the planet who still feels that Powell is a solid, durable and cheap option moving forward. He isn't going to make too many highlight reels but he gives us tremendous value for our money.
    Great point.
    Still, if the price is right, i think CJ gives your offense more flexibility with him catching passes out of the backfield. Ivory and Powell are great, but lack that home run aspect that CJ would bring.

  12. #432
    All four of those teams will not bring a high probability of winning a title.

    Cowboys and Giants are behind Washington and Philly, Jets are behind New England (not Miami) , and Rams are in the toughest division in the NFL

  13. #433
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    All four of those teams will not bring a high probability of winning a title.

    Cowboys and Giants are behind Washington and Philly, Jets are behind New England (not Miami) , and Rams are in the toughest division in the NFL
    The NFC east is a jumblefudge every year though.

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    The NFC east is a jumblefudge every year though.
    And the word of the day is.......jumblefudge

  15. #435
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    And the word of the day is.......jumblefudge
    You know what i mean.....it seems to be THE division where week 16, all teams are fighting for their playoff berths (and Romo usually chokes it away)

    CJ seems in search of the green. Idzik seems reluctant to hand it out.

  16. #436
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    You know what i mean.....it seems to be THE division where week 16, all teams are fighting for their playoff berths (and Romo usually chokes it away)

    CJ seems in search of the green. Idzik seems reluctant to hand it out.
    No I know what you meant. I just liked the word jumblefudge. Never heard it before. It's awesome

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I may be the one person on the planet who still feels that Powell is a solid, durable and cheap option moving forward. He isn't going to make too many highlight reels but he gives us tremendous value for our money.
    Far from it. Most Jets fans appreciate Powell for what he is. But we also appreciate a player that can turn a 5 yard play into an 80 yard play. If you think Powell would EVER do this against the Niners last season.....




    I'd bet Powell gets tracked down by Jerod-Eddie for a 5 yard gain, instead it was a 70 yard TD.

  18. #438
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, VA
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Ha, he must read JI...
    Half the board thinks like Dick Cimini...sounds about right.

  19. #439
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,758
    No I know what you meant. I just liked the word jumblefudge. Never heard it before. It's awesome
    Thanks.
    Add to my Green Emerald Squares.

    OT: When you have kids of listening/repeating age, one must improvise with "mommafletcher, jumblefudge, and sheetaki sauce" to make sure the lil ones are kept pure.

  20. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    No I know what you meant. I just liked the word jumblefudge. Never heard it before. It's awesome
    Holy cow jumblefudge has taken over as my favorite word...but I still love "quagmire"

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us