Page 22 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Chris Johnson Signed! (Merged)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I would be scared if the Broncos decide to make a move. Easier sell to Johnson
    If CJ is still looking for his touches he will not go to Denver. They love Monte Ball so much they let Moreno go, and with as much as they throw the ball, I am not sure CJ will get the touches he is looking for.

Cimini is such a cock smoker...

"The Jets have been exploring the running back market since Day 1 of free agency. They need speed and Johnson provides that. Problem is, his asking price probably will be too high for the frugal Jets. -- Rich Cimini"

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If CJ is still looking for his touches he will not go to Denver. They love Monte Ball so much they let Moreno go, and with as much as they throw the ball, I am not sure CJ will get the touches he is looking for.
    And people saying the Pats are dumb because they already have that back in Shane Vereen.

So Jets/Giants/Cowboys. Of those 3 the Jets should be the favorite, but the Cowboys are run by a madman

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    Are we honestly Super Bowl contenders this year? IMO no, so why spend money this year for a run when 2015 is more likely to be the year...
    The thread should be Jet fans not the Jets
    That being said a 4mil per 3 year deal with the ability to cut with minimum cap hits I would do
    Also, the FA pool this year is crap honestly. Look up the FA's available next season(of course some will re-sign during the season). There will be some real studs available who are entering the prime of their career. We will have to spend up to the cap floor eventually so who knows, maybe Idzik makes 1 or 2 splashes then.

Hall Of Fame
    I may be the one person on the planet who still feels that Powell is a solid, durable and cheap option moving forward. He isn't going to make too many highlight reels but he gives us tremendous value for our money.

And people saying the Pats are dumb because they already have that back in Shane Vereen.

So Jets/Giants/Cowboys. Of those 3 the Jets should be the favorite, but the Cowboys are run by a madman
    Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Rams.
    Rams have 6.5 million in cap space. Complement to Zac Stacy. Reunited with Jeff Fisher.

Dark horse

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I may be the one person on the planet who still feels that Powell is a solid, durable and cheap option moving forward. He isn't going to make too many highlight reels but he gives us tremendous value for our money.
    I agree...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I like Powell as well. But if you can lock up CJ, you do it. The RB market is very weak, and CJ isn't going to command a big contract. The odd man out would be Goodson.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Dude View Post
    Cimini is such a cock smoker...

"The Jets have been exploring the running back market since Day 1 of free agency. They need speed and Johnson provides that. Problem is, his asking price probably will be too high for the frugal Jets. -- Rich Cimini"
    Ha, he must read JI...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Great point.
    Still, if the price is right, i think CJ gives your offense more flexibility with him catching passes out of the backfield. Ivory and Powell are great, but lack that home run aspect that CJ would bring.

All four of those teams will not bring a high probability of winning a title.

Cowboys and Giants are behind Washington and Philly, Jets are behind New England (not Miami) , and Rams are in the toughest division in the NFL

All Pro
    All four of those teams will not bring a high probability of winning a title.

Cowboys and Giants are behind Washington and Philly, Jets are behind New England (not Miami) , and Rams are in the toughest division in the NFL
    The NFC east is a jumblefudge every year though.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    The NFC east is a jumblefudge every year though.
    And the word of the day is.......jumblefudge

All Pro
    And the word of the day is.......jumblefudge
    You know what i mean.....it seems to be THE division where week 16, all teams are fighting for their playoff berths (and Romo usually chokes it away)

CJ seems in search of the green. Idzik seems reluctant to hand it out.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    You know what i mean.....it seems to be THE division where week 16, all teams are fighting for their playoff berths (and Romo usually chokes it away)

CJ seems in search of the green. Idzik seems reluctant to hand it out.
    No I know what you meant. I just liked the word jumblefudge. Never heard it before. It's awesome

Far from it. Most Jets fans appreciate Powell for what he is. But we also appreciate a player that can turn a 5 yard play into an 80 yard play. If you think Powell would EVER do this against the Niners last season.....

I'd bet Powell gets tracked down by Jerod-Eddie for a 5 yard gain, instead it was a 70 yard TD.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Ha, he must read JI...
    Half the board thinks like Dick Cimini...sounds about right.

All Pro
    No I know what you meant. I just liked the word jumblefudge. Never heard it before. It's awesome
    Thanks.
    Add to my Green Emerald Squares.

OT: When you have kids of listening/repeating age, one must improvise with "mommafletcher, jumblefudge, and sheetaki sauce" to make sure the lil ones are kept pure.

Holy cow jumblefudge has taken over as my favorite word...but I still love "quagmire"