Page 24 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Chris Johnson Signed! (Merged)

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to the move, but I don't understand the infatuation with Johnson. He's 28, coming off a torn meniscus, has a ton of mileage, and isn't the same player from his 2000-yard campaign in 2009. I'd much rather draft a speedy, younger, cheaper running back and pair him with Ivory and Powell.
    Dre Archer

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bjetsb View Post
    Dre Archer
    It's Dri, but yeah, he's on my wish list. Same for DeAnthony Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to the move, but I don't understand the infatuation with Johnson. He's 28, coming off a torn meniscus, has a ton of mileage, and isn't the same player from his 2000-yard campaign in 2009. I'd much rather draft a speedy, younger, cheaper running back and pair him with Ivory and Powell.
    With 12 picks, who says we won't even if we sign him with an eye towards 2015?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    With 12 picks, who says we won't even if we sign him with an eye towards 2015?
    Because that would mean getting rid of Goodson AND Powell. Can't devote so many roster spots to one position.

Veteran
    CJ fits perfect on a team like the Cowboys or Colts.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    1. JMO, but I would be fairly surprised if Vick is the starter gm 1 (but that's a different topic).

2. I agree about bringing on a disgruntled RB who has delusions of grandeur with that many miles on him. I think DMC would have been the right dynamic RB to bring in as a chance of pace back. He would have accepted his role. I don't think CJ will be that willing to share carries or even be the change of pace guy.

He's tempting, but I would pass.

If we draft a WR in round 1 (which, by all accounts we will/should), a TE in rd 2/3 and sign a veteran TE from the scrap heap, we are immeasurably better than the team we fielded at many points last year - even when we were winning some games.

Is it good enough to win the East? Probably not. But, on paper we are a lot better and have the framework to improve going forward. Essentially, its good enough to compete assuming we get the commensurate QB play. And that's been our teams for the past 8 years or so.
    Agreed on all point with the exception of the first (and yes, it is another thread, so I'll refrain from further comment on it here).

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    i think there are 2 extreme lines of thought related to CJ.

He's not a top 5 back at this point, but he is top 10. He has averaged 1,400+ yards from scrimmage his whole career, and put up some solid numbers on a very volatile offense last year. I think in a situation with the Jets he would thrive. RB heavy attack, strong defense = a very strong fit.

I think the Jes need to bring CJ in for a visit immediately. Then we can head into the draft and fill holes with our multie of picks. CJ changes the dimension of our offense. Plus there's been a lot of valid talk of huge running lanes with a Vick/CJ combo and I can't disagree. It will also alow Ivory to really expode and what he does best.

I for on will be a very happy camper if we bring CJ in here.

I think CJ opens us up offensively. Similar to what Sproles will do for PHI. Sproles isn't a feature back but he opens up a whole wrinkle of the offense for them an will only make McCoy better.

Great post.

In terms of making this team more complete, I think this would be a better signing than Jackson. Not saying he is the better player, but adding Johnson and plucking a nice WR in round 1 would really go a long way in adding balance to the offense.

All contingent on how much this guy wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Ok, Jets get on the stick, he was released 90 minutes ago!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...-chris-johnson

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Goodson is here and cheaper... which seems to be the mindset lately with the gm
    He's injury prone too, another quality we seem to look for when we acquire players

Hall Of Fame
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
    Obviously, there wasn’t enough interest in Chris Johnson (& his contract) for #Titans to be able to deal him. Source says #Jets came closest

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Obviously, there wasn’t enough interest in Chris Johnson (& his contract) for #Titans to be able to deal him. Source says #Jets came closest
    idzik loves his picks.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    He's injury prone too, another quality we seem to look for when we acquire players
    you realize he's missed 1 game in his career?

All Pro
    What does that mean to you? What only 800 snaps a year?

All Pro
    I'm intrigued.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    idzik loves his picks.
    Let's get this dude and still have ALL of our draft picks!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    you realize he's missed 1 game in his career?
    No I don't, since he was placed on IR in October and missed all of the remaining games

Edit: hope you saw the post I quoted was referring to Goodson. I'm totally in favor of signing CJ

All League
    I'll take a CJ1K in 14, on top of Ivory's production it would be a good duo.

All League
    No I don't, since he was placed on IR in October and missed all of the remaining games

Edit: hope you saw the post I quoted was referring to Goodson. I'm totally in favor of signing CJ
    Ah ok makes sense now

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I'll take a CJ1K in 14, on top of Ivory's production it would be a good duo.
    It's hard not to get excited about the potential of that backfield! They would both be a threat every time they touch the ball to rip off a long run. With that said, if the Jets don't sign him, I'm not worried about it because I think they will add a solid back in the draft.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Hmmm....just how close? The Titans wanted one of our 4ths and Idzik offered a 7th in 2031?