Page 28 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Chris Johnson Signed! (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I wish more folks had common sense...

VTN for GM..:-)

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I'm still waiting for the 2nd grade English major to show up...
    Hmm. So you have no response?

Thought so.

I'm done feeding the troll. Hopefully we sign CJ. We need playmakers.

Idzik broke Manish Mehta, for that I think he's the greatest GM of all time.

Check out Manish Mehta's A Few Good Men "parody" here, he's lost his mind:
    http://m.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/...ntry-1.1746073

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    Idzik broke Manish Mehta, for that I think he's the greatest GM of all time.

Check out Manish Mehta's A Few Good Men "parody" here, he's lost his mind:
    http://m.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/...ntry-1.1746073
    Yup. Mehta has gone bye-bye. Totally bizarre.

Amazing that he still gets paid by the NYDN for writing this crap. He has zero insight into the team he is supposed to cover.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Not gonna click his link

Manish Mehta is a very poor man's Mike Francesa.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post

Amazing that he still gets paid by the NYDN for writing this crap. He has zero insight into the team he is supposed to cover.
    not only that, but nearly all of the circus crap is gone too. it's even hard to make fun of rex after he went 8-8 last year. and it was surely easy to bash idzik a year ago for trading revis and drafting 2 defensive players in the first round but after richardson's season, idzik deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports free agent Chris Johnson is "expected to pick his next team by the middle of next week."

A quick signing would not be a surprise. The protracted nature of Johnson's release meant teams had plenty of time to do their research and assess his contract demands. Even so, teams are not exactly lining up at Johnson's front door. The Jets have reportedly not even contacted him yet, and every other link has been tenuous at best. At this point, Johnson may be best served taking a one-year, prove-it deal in order to hit free agency hard next offseason.
    Related: Jets

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post

He's like a school kid the day a term paper is due just trying to scribble something on the paper. With his editor is standing over his shoulder at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports free agent Chris Johnson is "expected to pick his next team by the middle of next week."

A quick signing would not be a surprise. The protracted nature of Johnson's release meant teams had plenty of time to do their research and assess his contract demands. Even so, teams are not exactly lining up at Johnson's front door. The Jets have reportedly not even contacted him yet, and every other link has been tenuous at best. At this point, Johnson may be best served taking a one-year, prove-it deal in order to hit free agency hard next offseason.
    Related: Jets

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/
    If that report of him wanting 8 million is true, I'm not surprised.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    There's no way he gets $8 million per.

That's more than double what the top RB on the market received (Ben Tate).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I'm curious who are giving him 8 million that he is picking his team next week...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    There's no way he gets $8 million per.

That's more than double what the top RB on the market received (Ben Tate).
    Plus Rotoworld isn't exactly the most reliable source.

All Pro

Jets interested in Chris Johnson (released today 4/4)...**merged**

Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited about this guy as a rusher, gets stuffed behind the line more often than not, and makes one run per game that gets some yardage, after teams figure the Titans would've moved on from trying to run the ball and spikes his stats. He's not a consistent rusher at all, especially if teams prepare for rushing, because he just doesn't hit the hole in any kind of decisive manner. I don't know if he's trying to avoid injury or not, but I've seen him run right into the back of his OL and try to just run behind them instead of cutting it outside or go after a hole.
    Yep, dude dances around behind the line looking for a hole then gets stuffed. No thanks.

All League
    Only the Raiders would sign him for more than 5m a year. And they just signed MJD. He will have a hard time getting that next week if that story is true. RB's are a dime a dozen these days.

Practice Squad
    There is no reason not to at least reach out to him. He is not getting 6-8 mill from anybody. Bottom line is pair him with Ivory and that is a better back field period. We won't sign him, and all the Idzik apologists will line up and too much money..yadda yadda..dances to much in the hole..yadda yadda. Let's draft a 5th or 6th rd pick and hopes he turns into a stud.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by white lightning View Post
    There is no reason not to at least reach out to him. He is not getting 6-8 mill from anybody. Bottom line is pair him with Ivory and that is a better back field period. We won't sign him, and all the Idzik apologists will line up and too much money..yadda yadda..dances to much in the hole..yadda yadda. Let's draft a 5th or 6th rd pick and hopes he turns into a stud.
    Dude give it time......Idzik just tried to trade for the guy so the interest is there....

And no the world is not ending if we don't sign him....will just draft a back like we should be doing anyways...
    Last edited by carlito1171; 04-05-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by white lightning View Post
    Apologize for what? I love fans like you that just love back pages!! Lets sign every free agent, look how great to worked for the Dolphins last year!!!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Apologize for what? I love fans like you that just love back pages!! Lets sign every free agent, look how great to worked for the Dolphins last year!!!
    Fans like me? Hey I like some of the moves Idzik has made, but bottom line is we screwed the pooch on getting a CB. We needed a safety, and I'm sorry T.J Ward at 5 million a year is better than any 4th or 5th rd safety we will draft. He should've at least inquired about Jackson and he should reach out to Johnson. I'm not passing judgement yet, but he does have me scratching my head a little bit. So I apologize if I offended anybody with the apologist tag. Just a little frustrated.