Page 29 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Chris Johnson Signed! (Merged)

All Pro
    If you call "Vontae Davis using us to get a better offer" dropping the ball, then yeah I guess Idzik fumbled the rock on this one

Practice Squad
    I was talking more about the DRC debacle, and I know Cro had a terrible year, but I'd rather have him at 3.5 mill then Peterson for 3. And again no safety help, and no I don't want Byrd at the price he wanted, but Ward or Whitner would've been an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by white lightning View Post
    I was talking more about the DRC debacle, and I know Cro had a terrible year, but I'd rather have him at 3.5 mill then Peterson for 3. And again no safety help, and no I don't want Byrd at the price he wanted, but Ward or Whitner would've been an upgrade.
    I would have liked Hitner, but the LTBG refs have it out for him. Won't let him play.

All Pro
    1) What debacle? He didn't feel comfortable giving guaranteed money to him when he just threatened retirement and has had an up and down career. The Giants were, nothing more nothing less....let's stop pretending that DRC is Revis or Deion Sanders because he's not.

2) I hope not giving Cro 3.5 instead of giving Patterson 3 mil is the right move here. Idzik and the Jets training staff know more about Cro's hip than anyone posting on this board.

3) Whitner and Ward are in the box safeties, and we're trying to develop Allen as the starter there. We need a cover safety in the worse way but I don't blame Idzik for not giving Byrd 60mil. No one else out there really fits the bill.....

Fans like me? Hey I like some of the moves Idzik has made, but bottom line is we screwed the pooch on getting a CB. We needed a safety, and I'm sorry T.J Ward at 5 million a year is better than any 4th or 5th rd safety we will draft. He should've at least inquired about Jackson and he should reach out to Johnson. I'm not passing judgement yet, but he does have me scratching my head a little bit. So I apologize if I offended anybody with the apologist tag. Just a little frustrated.
    IMO, there nothing to be frustrated about. We have 12 draft picks and about $30M in cap space. We have to spend 89% of the cap over the next 4 years. We are going to need cap room when our young talent is going to be asking for millions of $$ to stay. Idzik should be choosy in deciding how much and what FAs to spend $$ on. Lets not get into a situation in a few years like the Cowboys are in having to let go of premium talent to get under the cap.

This might be why the Jets haven't contacted him yet

Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports 1h

Chris Johnson wasn't "officially" released by #Titans on Friday. Not on NFL Transactions. So he can't sign elsewhere until that happens

Quote Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
    Not sure why I'm trying to explain this to someone who may have a learning disability but allow me to directly quote you again:

"Pretty obvious. Don't sign players that their previous team didn't want.

It's a fair opinion."

Where exactly does that statement say this only applies to some players?

I'll wait.
    You're right. It was a ridiculous statement. He probably just posted it without thinking about it much beforehand.

There are plenty of good players that weren't wanted by their former teams. Not signing them just because they were cut by another team is really, really stupid. Guys like Revis, Ware, Tomlinson, Jackson have been cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    This might be why the Jets haven't contacted him yet

Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports 1h

Chris Johnson wasn't "officially" released by #Titans on Friday. Not on NFL Transactions. So he can't sign elsewhere until that happens
    I know for a fact that the Jets are looking to add a speed RB to the backfield. What I don't know is whether that's going to be through free agency or the draft. And I don't know whether the Jets are really interested in CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    I know for a fact that the Jets are looking to add a speed RB to the backfield. What I don't know is whether that's going to be through free agency or the draft. And I don't know whether the Jets are really interested in CJ.
    Well they can do either. But reputable sources have said that they considered trading for him, so there must be interest. And unlike DeSean Jackson, there are no gang ties reports coming out on CJ

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You're right. It was a ridiculous statement. He probably just posted it without thinking about it much beforehand.

There are plenty of good players that weren't wanted by their former teams. Not signing them just because they were cut by another team is really, really stupid. Guys like Revis, Ware, Tomlinson, Jackson have been cut.
    The 3 underlined guys were cut due to money and in 2 cases age but were all good guys.. Jackson could have been cut and signed for less if the Eagles wanted him back.. They obviously didn't and gang stuff had nothing to do with it, but he wasn't in the others class as far as being a good teammate..

Quote Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
    Not sure why I'm trying to explain this to someone who may have a learning disability but allow me to directly quote you again:

"Pretty obvious. Don't sign players that their previous team didn't want.

It's a fair opinion."

Where exactly does that statement say this only applies to some players?

I'll wait.

Not sure this is acceptable...you may like to take some time to reconsider your choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    I'd rather have DJax
    CJ leaves your draft board open and you can probably get him without risking any future dead money. You give him a deal like Vick and you keep your cap window wide open going forward. Signing Decker and Jackson as you head into the deepest WR draft in history with 12 picks would be poor team building. Not to say that D-Jax isn't good. He is, but you have to tap this draft from a value standpoint.

Get CJ on a one-year deal or what is, in affect, a one-year deal, and you don't take RB off the board on draft day.

Meanwhile, Johnson brings the same speed element and would fit nicely into MM's scheme.

Nice rent-a-player move. Do it.

All League
    Well they can do either. But reputable sources have said that they considered trading for him, so there must be interest. And unlike DeSean Jackson, there are no gang ties reports coming out on CJ
    I can't wait to see the latest spin job from you when they don't sign him either. Mind you, I don't want CJ but it will be funny.

All League
    Prepare for the worst.

CJ ain't coming here. Add him to the list of a long offseason of ifs, shoulds, coulds, woulds....the list is growing...

I don't believe that. Why would they take on that contract? You can probably sign him to half of what he was making. And that's what the Jets should do.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Prepare for the worst.

CJ ain't coming here. Add him to the list of a long offseason of ifs, shoulds, coulds, woulds....the list is growing...
    Based on what? Idzik inked Decker and Vick, so why not Johnson?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Prepare for the worst.

That would be for the best. Sucks that we let DeSean pass and our CB situation is what it is... But not having CJ would be for the better.

All League
    Based on what? Idzik inked Decker and Vick, so why not Johnson?
    Just watch...

Chris Johnson could find a new home quickly.

ProFootballTalk reports that Johnson is expected to pick his next team by the middle of next week, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Johnson was released by the Tennessee Titans on Friday, ending a six-season run with the team that selected him with the 24th overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

The New York Jets are believed to be the front runner to land Johnson at this time, and NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported the Jets came the closest to landing Johnson in a trade prior to the running back's release. Multiple reports have the Jets interested in signing Johnson, but only at the right price.

The Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins were also reported to have trade interest in the former 2,000-yard back.

During Friday's Around The League Podcast, Chris Wesseling predicted Johnson will land a one- or two-year deal earning approximately $4 million annually. That's a substantial pay cut from the $8 million Johnson was scheduled to make this season, but still counts as an above-average salary in the depressed world of the NFL running back.

Follow our Chris Johnson tracker for the latest on the running back's tour through free agency, however brief it might be

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...paign=Twitter_

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Chris Johnson could find a new home quickly.

ProFootballTalk reports that Johnson is expected to pick his next team by the middle of next week, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Johnson was released by the Tennessee Titans on Friday, ending a six-season run with the team that selected him with the 24th overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

The New York Jets are believed to be the front runner to land Johnson at this time, and NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported the Jets came the closest to landing Johnson in a trade prior to the running back's release. Multiple reports have the Jets interested in signing Johnson, but only at the right price.

The Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins were also reported to have trade interest in the former 2,000-yard back.

During Friday's Around The League Podcast, Chris Wesseling predicted Johnson will land a one- or two-year deal earning approximately $4 million annually. That's a substantial pay cut from the $8 million Johnson was scheduled to make this season, but still counts as an above-average salary in the depressed world of the NFL running back.

Follow our Chris Johnson tracker for the latest on the running back's tour through free agency, however brief it might be

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...paign=Twitter_

Seen this 6 times. Does not mean dick.