Page 3 of 157 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Chris Johnson Signed! (Merged)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Strange. I would just take him on Sundays, occasionally a Monday or Thursday I guess.

I guess no practice huh?

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Agree with the folks above. If we can't land Jackson, then Johnson is a nice consolation prize (better than nothing? - or is Powell still preferred?).
    If you bring in CJ thinking he will rush for 2,000 yards or be your feature back then you will be dissapointed. If you can get him for cheap, he is still explosive out of the backfield. When asked to run between tackles, he is not that great, but when he gets the ball outside on a screen and gets some daylight, it can easily go 80 yards in a flash. Basically, he is the perfect compliment to Ivory and he could take over for Ivory if he sustained an injury.

Now, the only question I have is whether he would be content in that role. Last year he was upset because he wanted more carries. But the fact is he is better used as a secondary option.

All Pro
    No interest whatsoever in Chris Johnson. Not sure I buy that this report has any validity.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I guess no practice huh?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiseryLovesCompany99 View Post
    Just tweeted out how would you feel about this?

Personally to go on record wether he is ir is t stil "CJ2K" that speed is all we need to complete this backfiel...
    We don't need speed we need a RB, who can juke and jive and YAC.

Vick seems to me to have lost a step or so. And I'm wondering if cj2k has as well (or is it lack of effort or opportunity last couple years?).

DJax probably has a couple more years at that elite speed level. Now his success to me seems mostly predicated on his being faster than everyone else, so I wonder if, like cj2k, when he loses a step if he'll be garbage.

I dunno. Still might be nice to have one of these dudes. We had 8 wins last year. With a game breaker or two maybe that would immediately make us contenders?

Note - I'm not timing these guys' recent 40s or anything....just going by what I've seen and heard

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I would like this move, and actually said a while back Idzik could be saving up for this particular move. Think about the screen game, the swing pass, the option over the middle...that is not in place with the current roster. A perfect compliment to Ivory imho.

Do It!
    Exactly. We're not winning shoot outs with Pats this year. But hard-nosed running and a short game might make the Jets competitive.

he'd be a good fit for a receiving/3rd down back in MM's offense. get the ball to him in space like shady mccoy

light0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I'm done getting my hopes up that Idzik is going to sign anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    he'd be a good fit for a receiving/3rd down back in MM's offense. get the ball to him in space like shady mccoy
    Fingers-crossed1.jpg

Anyone Idzik signs will get praised.

Anyone Idzik doesn't sign will get praised.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet View Post

Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS3233 View Post
    if we have learned one thing this offseason is that the media (and us fans) have absolutely no idea what the Jets are thinking or going to do.

The media thought we were all over the free agent corners Verner, DRC, Revis: barely pursued any of them and lowballed another.

Our owner came out and said we were interested in Desean Jackson and many media pundits said Jets were a likely choice: Now it comes out we didnt even reach out to him

We thought Decker left without a contract: We had no idea we were signing him until the Official Jets Twitter released the news.

CJ2K hasnt even been released from the Titans yet so I would take any new you hear from the media about the Jets or Idzik with a huge grain of salt. Cause odds are they are completely wrong.

In conclusion what we know is we know absolutely nothing
    The most important piece of this whole thread, yet people are *****ing.

You people are letting the media **** up your minds...

STOP reading and giving any credence to the douchebags covering our team.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS3233 View Post
    if we have learned one thing this offseason is that the media (and us fans) have absolutely no idea what the Jets are thinking or going to do.
    This is absolutely true.

I'd take it with a grain of salt, & as they say, "Let the chips fall where they may."

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet View Post

idzik get at least 2 years of me mindlessly defending him...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The most important piece of this whole thread, yet people are *****ing.

You people are letting the media **** up your minds...

STOP reading and giving any credence to the douchebags covering our team.
    What are we supposed to read about the team we follow? Nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    What are we supposed to read about the team we follow? Nothing?
    The point is there are already people *****ing about how Idzik won't go after Johnson, and he's not even available yet.

For those questioning CJ's speed and quickness. He is still a game breaker and exactly what this team needs. Whether he asks for too much or the Jets are scared off by his attitude is a separate question. From this year:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...yard-touchdown

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...-49-yd-pass-TD

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...80-yard-TD-run

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    For those questioning CJ's speed and quickness. He is still a game breaker and exactly what this team needs. Whether he asks for too much or the Jets are scared off by his attitude is a separate question. From this year:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...yard-touchdown

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...-49-yd-pass-TD

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...80-yard-TD-run
    Agreed I am totally on board with bringing in CJ. Ivory/CJ would be a good combo like when we got LT

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The point is there are already people *****ing about how Idzik won't go after Johnson, and he's not even available yet.
    Because we know he won't if he is.