Page 37 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Chris Johnson Signed! (Merged)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    No. A 1 year deal with a team like Denver or NE would be just what the doctor ordered for CJ - a chance to shred defenses playing pass first and reset his market, plus an opportunity for a ring? What's not to like
    I'm hearing the Colts and Falcons also may be interested but I agree the Bronco's or Pats would be a great spot for CJ..

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    That would be helpful. I mean the passion is nice to see, but ranting and raving about things when you don't even know basic facts is ridiculous
    I agree. this salary cap stuff, etc, etc, really bores me. It's been so huge of an issue because of FA, and all the money we've had to spend, i chimed in too quick without getting my facts in order.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Yea and Raiders will again have the most money to play with in Fa in 2015. You fans really should understand the 89% rule ,because you would post a little more intelligent responses, than the idiotic responds, that show just how little you know.
    Don't forget to add that they'll have a top 5 pick again.

Hall Of Fame
    Outside of the Bronco's(going all in to win next year - will be in cap hell very soon) Raiders can compete with the rest of the teams in the AFc West next season. That's how much they upgraded this year roster from last year( still have a draft to add some impact players too).
    No one gives a f**k about the Raiders. We get it, you say the same s**t every year, and every year it is the same story. You claim greatness, and end up with total failure yet again. Great they have cap room and draft picks, they will find a way to f**k it up yet again. Finish over .500 for the first time since 2002 and then start proclaiming greatness again, until then just STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It's a decent contract only if he improves every year. Right now it's a one year 8 mil dollar contract, for a below average tackle to play guard. If he ends up being worth 6mil per year over 5 years then it was okay. There's a very good chance he doesn't ever become above average. That makes it a stupid contract whether or not they get lucky. Being a good GM is not about luck, it's about having a boring, ridged systematic plan, and sticking to it. That's why all the best GMs are responsible, sober grown men, and not emotional boys like these Monday morning GMs here.
    Raiders restructured Howard contract already( to clear even more cap space this year. Here is his new numbers. He makes 4.4 million in 2014. http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=A...T&Team=Raiders Where before he was counting 8 million for 2014 and if they cut him after this year there was zero cap hit. Now if he cut Raiders save 800,000 but have 5.6 million dead cap space. But its really a wash when you add in the money they are gaining from cutting Brisiel ( 3million they are eating this year)
    No big deal when your looking at 70- 100 million cap space for 2015.

Here is how you look at it RT -(Raiders lt of the future M watson) >>>>>>>>>>> Austin Howard. Donald Penn signing free up M watson to play Rt this year.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-07-2014 at 01:57 PM.

All Pro
    Outside of the Bronco's(going all in to win next year - will be in cap hell very soon) Raiders can compete with the rest of the teams in the AFc West next season. That's how much they upgraded this year roster from last year( still have a draft to add some impact players too).
    READ MY LIPS: N.O.B.O.D.Y.C.A.R.E.S.

Hall Of Fame
    Raiders restructured Howard contract already( to clear even more cap space this year. Here is his new numbers. He makes 4.4 million in 2014. http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=A...T&Team=Raiders
    No they didn't, they just haven't updated their info yet, they are treating the roster bonus as a signing bonus and they prorated it over the length of the contract. Spotrac.com has the actual details correct.

lets stroll down memory lane...

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/th...-Russell/page4

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/th...-Russell/page2

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/th...it-QB-s)/page6

my fav....

Jealously someday your going to get a franchise Qb. Until than enjoy Pennington five yards flutters.

Actually I like the fact that everyone on this board is down on Russell. We know you all know so much about the QB position. Like K Clemens could be the Qb to lead the Jets to a championmship. LMAO. I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    No one gives a f**k about the Raiders. We get it, you say the same s**t every year, and every year it is the same story. You claim greatness, and end up with total failure yet again. Great they have cap room and draft picks, they will find a way to f**k it up yet again. Finish over .500 for the first time since 2002 and then start proclaiming greatness again, until then just STFU.
    This guy is never gonna get it. Kinda sad.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175
    Raiders restructured Howard contract already (to clear even more cap space this year. Here is his new numbers. He makes 4.4 million in 2014. http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=A...T&Team=Raiders
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    No they didn't, they just haven't updated their info yet, they are treating the roster bonus as a signing bonus and they prorated it over the length of the contract. Spotrac.com has the actual details correct.
    You mean Raider9175 was wrong again??

Imagine that.....

Geez.. .and I thought Raider9175 was pathetic, but it's far worse. I feel sorry for him.

people_sleeping_everywhere_640_22.jpg
    Raiders restructured Howard contract already( to clear even more cap space this year. Here is his new numbers. He makes 4.4 million in 2014. http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=A...T&Team=Raiders

This made me LOL! Thank you sir.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

So yeah looking forward to that explosive air attack....from 2007 and counting

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

All League
    Raiders restructured Howard contract already( to clear even more cap space this year. Here is his new numbers. He makes 4.4 million in 2014. http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=A...T&Team=Raiders Where before he was counting 8 million for 2014 and if they cut him after this year there was zero cap hit. Now if he cut Raiders save 800,000 but have 5.6 million dead cap space. But its really a wash when you add in the money they are gaining from cutting Brisiel ( 3million they are eating this year)
    No big deal when your looking at 70- 100 million cap space for 2015.

Here is how you look at it RT -(Raiders lt of the future M watson) >>>>>>>>>>> Austin Howard. Donald Penn signing free up M watson to play Rt this year.
    They can't restructure a contract they just signed. I think there's a one year period before you can restructure it.
    Last edited by gaffneycatch; 04-07-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    So yeah looking forward to that explosive air attack....from 2007 and counting

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Again when the Jets put an offense more potent than the raiders come to me. Didn't we have this conversation last year. ( Jets weapons were better than the Raiders- Santonio Holmes was going to be awesome) Yet you keep trying to add ex Raioder receivers . I guess someones else garbage, is another man's gold. Hey surprised you didn't sign DHB too. Lmao
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-07-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Again when the Jets put an offense more potent than the raiders come to me. Didn't we have this conversation last year. ( Jets weapons were better than the Raiders- Santonio Holmes was going to be awesome) Yet you keep trying to add ex Raioder receivers . I guess someones else garbage is another mans gold.
    So you have amnesia too??

Jets played the Faiders last season - and the Faiders lost 37 -27.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-07-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Here's a snapshot of a decade of whiffs....oh god they're awful...

OMG he actually posted this on 5/25/2009: "You will get a little taste of that Raiders explosive offense this year, that will leave a bitter taste in your mouth". Yeah, the Jets got a taste of that explosive Raiders offense in 2009, getting torched by the grand total of 0 points. The game was over so fast Mark Sanchez had time to eat a hot dog on the sideline. Boy, what a number JaFattass Russell put on the Jets D. Pure comedy gold, this guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Here's a snapshot of a decade of whiffs....oh god they're awful...

That's gotta sting.