Page 51 of 157 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3124

Thread: UPDATE: Chris Johnson Signed! (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    This is all getting rather silly. we don't even know if he was at Florham park, do we?????????
    he was. jetkid said so.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL..seriously, what the hell does that mean?
    McGinley is good at deciphering these tweets..... help us out man

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Well you do work for the government right?
    I see no reason to insult me, sir.

But yes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by lauderdale jet View Post
    coming? or leaving?
    mile high club

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    It's obviously code.

"Back n the airport ✈✈✈✈ it ahhhhh happen....."

The four jets means the jets offered him 4 million a year, the 5 h's and 5 periods means he wants 5 million a year and he will being going elsewhere to look for a better deal....sheesh so simple....

All League
    Our old friend (jetsbabe)

Erika Esola ‏@emesola
    Someone close to Chris Johnson told me that he's meeting with the Jets first. But also plans to meet with the Giants. Flew out of Orlando...

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post

Erika Esola ‏@emesola
    Someone close to Chris Johnson told me that he's meeting with the Jets first. But also plans to meet with the Giants. Flew out of Orlando...
    did he consult with drc about how to do this?

It's obviously code.

The four jets means the jets offered him 4 million a year, the 5 h's and 5 periods means he wants 5 million a year and he will being going elsewhere to look for a better deal....sheesh so simple....
    This brings to memory the great SNL skit where Reagan (Phil Hartman) acts the deferential grandfather when the girl scout with the highest cookie sales comes into the Oval Office for a congratulatory photo op, only to be shepherded out of the office so Ronny could get back to cracking the whip over his staff on the nuances of his administration's inner workings.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Erika Esola ‏@emesola
    Well if this is true, I doubt we'll get him. Idzik will get outbid

JetsInsider.com Legend
    It's obviously code.

This is awesome. lol

Chris Johnson now has our message board in a tizzy. And people think he can speak in code and cryptography. These could be very long hours, days.....or weeks if it comes down to Idzik and Team CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    and outpitched. all the giants have to say is, look cj, eli will throw you a lot of screens, wilson is one hit away from retirement and the division sucks except for the eagles. or, you could catch screens from geno smith and maybe get a wildcard.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Erika Esola ‏@emesola
    #nostrils

thCATAEC5Z.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    he was. jetkid said so.

here goes another test on philosophy. do we pay this guy a little more than what we would have liked to, or just let him walk,and not be flexible in our approach. i hope idzik told him to call back, if he gets a better offer, because of the POSSIBILITY of us matching it.

Erika Esola ‏@emesola
    Yep. Guess he got on a plane again at Morristown Airport so he could fly to Newark to be picked up by the Giants.

Giants have 4 million in cap space.

They're going to have to clear more space to get him.

The Giants have a little over $4 million in salary cap and still have to use roughly $2 million of that on draft picks. They signed Rashad Jennings, re-signed Peyton Hillis and have David Wilson coming back. I don't see how they have the cap room or the need for Chris Johnson. If you're the Jets you offer CJ $5-6 million this year fully guaranteed with whatever other amount of years or money you want that's not guaranteed. He will take the money and the Giants can't match that.

And this is obviously a ploy to use during negotiation. Play the Giants threat against the Jets to squeeze and extra million out of them.
    Last edited by BradySmugglesPickles; 04-08-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    #nostrils
    I smell BS

Quote Originally Posted by BradySmugglesPickles View Post
    The Giants have a little over $4 million in salary cap and still have to use roughly $2 million of that on draft picks. They signed Rashad Jennings, re-signed Peyton Hillis and have David Wilson coming back. I don't see how they have the cap room or the need for Chris Johnson. If you're the Jets you offer CJ $5-6 million this year fully guaranteed with whatever other amount of years or money you want that's not guaranteed. He will take the money and the Giants can't match that.

And this is obviously a ploy to use during negotiation. Play the Giants threat against the Jets to squeeze and extra million out of them.
    Chris Johnson may not sign with the Jets, but it wont be because he is signing with the Giants (for the above reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by BradySmugglesPickles View Post

Weren't the Falcons a team that also had a serious interest in CJ????