Page 77 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 3124

Thread: UPDATE: Chris Johnson Signed! (Merged)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    That's not true - but even it if were when he reports it - it happens.

While others much report things, they are wrong as often as they're right. So when Schaffer says it - you can count on it.
    Nothing, he hardly ever breaks anything that we don't already know is gong to happen. Any idiot can look at a particular FA, match him to teams that need help at that position and then claim that these teams are interested. Then pat themselves on the back when that FA lands with one of those teams more often than not.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 04-14-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    That's not true - but even it if were when he reports it - it happens.

While others much report things, they are wrong as often as they're right. So when Schaffer says it - you can count on it.
    Who's Schaffer?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Who's Schaffer?
    He's a sports reporter like John Claytin.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    He's a sports reporter like John Claytin.
    I like the other guy, Chris Morrison

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    Are you related to John Idzik?
    Yes I am

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    I like the other guy, Chris Morrison

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Not a big espn fan, I prefer Eli Rappaport

I flow with Incontinence Bob

this thread needs to be cryogenically frozen until after the draft, because nobody is making a decent offer to Chris Johnson until then.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    this thread needs to be cryogenically frozen until after the draft, because nobody is making a decent offer to Chris Johnson until then.
    Disagree, his offers will only be worse after the draft. Anyone thinking Chris Johnson now is going to draft one of the many scat backs available this year in the mid rounds. If CJ waits too long, his earnings potential only decreases. I'd guess he signs with someone next week.

If the Broncos are involved, then we aren't getting him. We would have to overpay to get him to turn away from Peyton Manning

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    If the Broncos are involved, then we aren't getting him. We would have to overpay to get him to turn away from Peyton Manning
    Are him and Pey Pey tight?
    CJ is searching for the scrilla.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    someone should start a poll to see if this is the most annoying thread of all time or if it was the revis thread
    The most annoying thread of all time was any thread that featured Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I don't dispute any of this, and I'm not at all suggesting we should be hanging our hats on this fan, I just found it interesting, I think there are fans that are out there that may have some connections, Steiny, who everybody kills on this board is another one that is definitely plugged into the team, so I shared it with the board. I don't see how any of this makes me dense. As usual, the twitter police all came out guns a blazing.
    Steiny at least has a track record, albeit not the best. But he has broken a story or two.

The guy you quoted could be anyone here with a Twitter account saying they have a "reliable source." Imagine someone here starting a thread like that? They would be filleted and breaded.

If you would have said, "take it for what it's worth," then nobody would have said a word. But when you claimed it had "potential," that's why VTN called you out. And rightly so.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Steiny at least has a track record, albeit not the best. But he has broken a story or two.

The guy you quoted could be anyone here with a Twitter account saying they have a "reliable source." Imagine someone here starting a thread like that? They would be filleted and breaded.

If you would have said, "take it for what it's worth," then nobody would have said a word. But when you claimed it had "potential," that's why VTN called you out. And rightly so.
    Bingo... All about the delivery

This is rich, the clown that gets off confronting others on the board with a holier than thou arrogance, is trying to give me advice tact and semantics.

There was no reason for anybody to call anybody out, much less delusional, you both know exactly what I meant, so save it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    How many of these no name hacks have broken anything? A few months ago, one of these *******s said that the Jets had a deal in place for Josh Gordon. And that's only one example.

These days, Adam Schefter is the only guy worth paying attention to.
    As far as Twitter goes, if it's not from an established reputable source, I would take it with a grain of salt.

Schefter is the man by the way, he has far surpassed Clayton, Mortenson & Palantonio since coming to ESPN from NFL Network.

That being said even Schefty has whiffed on a couple this off-season where the Jets are concerned.

Idzik has all the news leaks from the team sealed so tightly, nobody really knows what the Jets will do until they do it - all the more reason to take fans "sources" on Twitter with a grain of salt.

The most annoying thread of all time was any thread that featured Tebow.
    Besides the one where he was released.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Besides the one where he was released.
    Then he was picked up by the Pats, and it was genius. That thread was pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    It won't matter if we sign him or not. He has a big name, but has been very average for a long time.

Veteran