Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Source : Schedule release planned for April 22 ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

Cool Source : Schedule release planned for April 22 ~ ~ ~

Source: Schedule release planned for April 22

When it comes to the 2014 schedule, the NFL has said that the target for the release is mid-April, but that the schedule won’t be released this week.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL currently plans to release the schedule on Tuesday, April 22.

The unveiling of the schedule could be shifted to Wednesday, April 23 or Thursday, April 24. For now, though, the plan is to pull the sheet off the 256-game slate on Tuesday.

Look for the schedule to be announced in prime-time, with a multi-hour event on NFL Network and something similar to that on ESPN, complete with (if last year’s trend holds) an effort to make preliminary picks for games to be played in December.

> http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-for-april-22/

Why is the schedule such a big issue that they need "inside sources" info? Lmao

Are there bets on the schedules in Vegas or something?

Or am I just the only person who doesn't really get the excitement?

All League
    I get excited because I can start planning my trip to NYC.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayboiX View Post
    Why is the schedule such a big issue that they need "inside sources" info? Lmao

Are there bets on the schedules in Vegas or something?

Or am I just the only person who doesn't really get the excitement?
    Actually, the Rams have a contest where the fan who guesses their exact schedule (teams faced each week, home/away, bye week, etc) gets $100,000. lol Pretty gimmicky but I guess it's cool.

I for one, being an out of area fan, have HUGE interest in the schedule because I plan some trips around it and the Jets have some fun road games expected....San Diego, Green Bay, etc.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I get excited because I can start planning my trip to NYC.
    +1

I am planning to go to 2 road games this year. Titans and Packers. I did Titans game last year and it was a good road trip. This year I will repeat that and add a trip to Lambeu Field. I hope the Packers game is in September or October. I am definitely not looking forward to ice and cold.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibonacci View Post
    I am planning to go to 2 road games this year. Titans and Packers. I did Titans game last year and it was a good road trip. This year I will repeat that and add a trip to Lambeu Field. I hope the Packers game is in September or October. I am definitely not looking forward to ice and cold.
    Maybe I'm getting old but the date for that Packers game is a big driver of whether I'll want to go. Would be great to see Lambeau Field....but not in December.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Actually, the Rams have a contest where the fan who guesses their exact schedule (teams faced each week, home/away, bye week, etc) gets $100,000. lol Pretty gimmicky but I guess it's cool.

I for one, being an out of area fan, have HUGE interest in the schedule because I plan some trips around it and the Jets have some fun road games expected....San Diego, Green Bay, etc.
    I think it's so all the football big shots can book flights & hotels for family and friends before airfare and hotels go up after game dates are announced.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

san diego,..beautiful...Beautiful city

All League

Cool

Patriots Week 2...would be shocking!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post

Please not another Week1 or Week2 vs the Pats - watch we open at home against Revis (again).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Please not another Week1 or Week2 vs the Pats - watch we open at home against Revis (again).
    jets by 6...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    MNF at NY, revis returns part II.

I'm going to try to swing trips to San Diego and Green Bay....with an outside shot at Minnesota. The latter 2 provided that they are not in December.

They used to just release the frigging schedule.. I don't know why the nfl now makes it a major television event..

Btw went to lambeau in 2006... yeah.... bone chilling cold even at thirty degrees..

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    yeah seriously, it's like almost every year they give us a week 2 game vs. New England. What gives? Truth be told, I almost prefer to play them earlier in the year because they almost never lose in Nov. and Dec.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hoping to go to KC and/or Minnesota - sure hope they're scheduled before November

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Btw went to lambeau in 2006... yeah.... bone chilling cold even at thirty degrees..
    above or below 0 ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Hoping to go to KC and/or Minnesota - sure hope they're scheduled before November
    Isn't Minnesota playing at U of M? Thats outdoors. Good luck and make sure you spend quality time with your nuts before the game---because they are going to look like they were hit by liquid nitrogen after that one
    Last edited by Jimmiekid91; 04-18-2014 at 01:48 PM.