Page 27 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Chris Johnson Signed! (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Pretty obvious. Don't sign players that their previous team didn't want.

It's a fair opinion.
    Sure. Like Peyton Manning. Or Revis. Who wants them
    Last edited by giddy up; 04-04-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
    Sure. Like Peyton Manning. Or Revis.
    So you're comparing Revis and Manning to Johnson? loltastic...

How about Holmes? (Limo actually defended that one to the death)

Regardless, the context of her post was clearly directed at a particular player. Comparisons to Revis, Manning, Ware, Allen, etc... are completely ridiculous. She's obviously not saying it applies to any and all players in the NFL ever...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Yet another FA we wi not be signing. Jebus, this board is getting outnof control with this sh!t, we're fine at RB and besides, RBs are a dime a dozen in this league.
    except they almost traded for him, why wouldn't they sign him as a FA

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    except they almost traded for him, why wouldn't they sign him as a FA
    He adds a final dimension to the ground game that would help us tremendously.
    Just not at 8M. I would prefer 3M, I think that is a very fair price and he should be happy to have the Jets prolong his career and not run him in to the ground one last time.
    Ivory/CJ/Powell sounds great to me.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Word UP my brother.
    Sadly, DRC, or another top name CB is needed 5x more than CJ is needed on this Jets roster. I dont buy into the "Its a plan" theory. Instead, i think Idzik may have possibly been out GM'd.
    So funny. Everyone (in general, not you) screams for offense and that Rex gets too much attention on his defense then when the tables turn, we desperately need defense more.

All Pro
    Pretty obvious. Don't sign players that their previous team didn't want.

It's a fair opinion.
    OK so every player that's been cut/released is off limits, including Vick, Jackson, DRC, etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    OK so every player that's been cut/released is off limits, including Vick, Jackson, DRC, etc etc
    I wish more folks had common sense...

It seems the Jets re interested just like they were interested in many other players they did not get (just like many other teams in the league). It's all a matter of cost and term now. No way the Jets are going to cave into unreasonable demands. The RB market is down very low, if he decides to sign for a fair price he'll be here if not he won't. If anything, like it or not the Jets gm has shown he's not going to panic just because he missed out on another player and he is not going to pay well above market value.

I wish more folks had common sense...
    Me too. Sadly, you are not one of them.

Unless you failed second grade English comprehension.

Regardless, the context of her post was clearly directed at a particular player. Comparisons to Revis, Manning, Ware, Allen, etc... are completely ridiculous. She's obviously not saying it applies to any and all players in the NFL ever...
    So cherry pick players to fit an argument?

Solid. Solid thinking.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    I like the combo of Ivory and Powell myself. Powell has some wiggle..(don't Sleep)

Powell is horrible. Any undfa scrub would perform as well.

4 mill a year for a rb isn't expensive for cj. You can't sign everyone to one year prove it deals

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

Solid. Solid thinking.
    This is rich. Thanks for the chuckle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Thank You AGAW for clarifying. Yes, I did defend Holmes when he was a contributor to the team. Whether you like him as a person or not has no bearing on his game day performance. Last season his game declined and cutting him was the right thing to do.

The NFL for 90% of players is an occupation, not a career. The turnover in the hired help is faster than summer jobs at Dunkin Donuts for high schoolers. What would be the purpose of adding a guy like Johnson? Sticking to the running game so Smith & Vick don't get sacked every play?

I've been saying this since Kevin Mawae & Pete Kendall played with broken arms & toes, we need an O line that can hold the pocket long enough to let the starting QB throw. Signing "CJ" isn't cutting it.

And FWIW Revis is a defensive player and Manning wouldn't end his NFL career as a NYJ. Just sayin. (-;

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 1m
    Obviously, there wasn’t enough interest in Chris Johnson (& his contract) for #Titans to be able to deal him. Source says #Jets came closest
    If this is true then he is not coming to the Jets not because the Jets don't want him but because he doesn't want to come. I have been wondering for a few days where all of these seemingly credible and national reports are coming from (i.e. sources other than Manish's fantasies) and why the Jets was not being accused by Tennessee of tampering if the reports were true. I know that Idzik wouldn't be the source because that would be tampering. What must have happened is that the Jets offered to trade for Johnson subject to Johnson agreeing to rework his contract. There is no way that Idzik would trade for him and be stuck with his current contract. So when he made the trade offer he was obviously given permission to talk to Johnson's agents. And that is where the source of the Jets' interest from multiple media outlets came from and that is also why the Titans have not accused the Jets of tampering. They obviously could not work out a new contract and he got released There was a report a day or so ago that Johnson would not accept less than his current contract. I guess that that was his reaction to being asked to take less with the Jets. If this is the scenario that played out this week and I think that it is then there is no way he is coming here unless he finds that no one is willing to pay what the Jets offered but I believe that that is unlikely.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    She won't do nudity anymore on Thrones..

Seriously? THIS is the most important development on this board. Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Seriously? THIS is the most important development on this board. Are you sure?
    No, it's not true. It was another actress who nobody wanted to see nude to begin with.
    I'm sick of the freedom fighters acting like there needs to be an equal number of penises on the screen as breasts. GTFO and stop watching and stop blogging you idiots! And stop trying to cause trouble because you are ugly and disgusting!
    There clearly was some confusion on the matter.

This is rich. Thanks for the chuckle.
    Not sure why I'm trying to explain this to someone who may have a learning disability but allow me to directly quote you again:

"Pretty obvious. Don't sign players that their previous team didn't want.

It's a fair opinion."

Where exactly does that statement say this only applies to some players?

I'll wait.

Sure. Like Peyton Manning. Or Revis. Who wants them
    Unless you failed second grade English comprehension.

Solid. Solid thinking.
    Not sure why I'm trying to explain this to someone who may have a learning disability but allow me to directly quote you again

I'll wait.
    I'm still waiting for the 2nd grade English major to show up...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    No, it's not true. It was another actress who nobody wanted to see nude to begin with.
    I'm sick of the freedom fighters acting like there needs to be an equal number of penises on the screen as breasts. GTFO and stop watching and stop blogging you idiots! And stop trying to cause trouble because you are ugly and disgusting!
    There clearly was some confusion on the matter.
    Good news..... I'll sleep better.

I wouldn't get too excited about this guy as a rusher, gets stuffed behind the line more often than not, and makes one run per game that gets some yardage, after teams figure the Titans would've moved on from trying to run the ball and spikes his stats. He's not a consistent rusher at all, especially if teams prepare for rushing, because he just doesn't hit the hole in any kind of decisive manner. I don't know if he's trying to avoid injury or not, but I've seen him run right into the back of his OL and try to just run behind them instead of cutting it outside or go after a hole.