Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Yankees 2014 Season/Game Thread

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if the Mets were better than the Yankees next year. The Yankees look terrible and the one bright spot Tanaka may end up needing TJ. At least the Mets are getting Harvey back if the Coupons decide to stop pleading poverty and sign a couple free agent hitters they could be above-.500 next year. And I'm a Mets-hater.
    I agree, the Yanks need to clean house, too many "if's and unknowns" if Tanaka, nova and CC are healthy. Who is the right fielder? Our infield is a disaster, although I could see a bounce back from our catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    I agree, the Yanks need to clean house, too many "if's and unknowns" if Tanaka, nova and CC are healthy. Who is the right fielder? Our infield is a disaster, although I could see a bounce back from our catcher.
    It's not looking good going forward. Replacing Cano/Granderson with Ellsbury/Beltran turned out to be a disaster that killed our offense. The CC contract is so bad it makes the Arod contract look good in comparison. You don't resign Cano but you give a 7 year deal to Ellsbury, who had a decent year, but in 4-5 years when Ellsbury loses a couple steps that contract is going to look horrible. Beltran is a full-time DH when half the roster needs to be part-time DH.

To top it all off they're not going to do the one year option on Robertson - they're just going with Betances as closer next year so the Yankees lose the one strength they did have which was nobody could hit us from the 7th to the 9th inning. Watch Tanaka get Tommy John next April.

Welcome back to the 80's.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 09-17-2014 at 02:38 PM.