Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford, Ohrnberger, & Patterson visited with Jets today...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Ford, Ohrnberger, & Patterson visited with Jets today...

Jacoby Ford, Rich Ohrnberger visit with Jets

Posted by Josh Alper on March 31, 2014, 5:56 PM EDT
    AP
    Cornerback Dimitri Patterson wasnít the only free agent to visit with the Jets on Monday.
    Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that wide receiver Jacoby Ford and guard/center Rich Ohrnberger also met with the team.
    The Jetsí interest in Ford was reported a couple of weeks ago, but he had not visited with the team before Monday. Ford played for current Jets wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal in Oakland and is coming off a year that saw him catch 13 passes in 14 games for the Raiders. Ford missed the entire 2012 season with a Lisfranc injury, but flashed good speed as both a receiver and kick returner before the injury.
    The Jets have signed Eric Decker this offseason and Jeremy Kerley will likely retain a leading role at receiver, but the rest of the group will sort itself out over the rest of the offseason and summer.
    Ohrnberger played 13 games and started once for the Chargers last season. With guards Willie Colon and Brian Winters and centerNick Mangold returning for the Jets, Ohrnberger would likely be looking at a reserve role with the Jets.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sit-with-jets/

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post

AP
    Cornerback Dimitri Patterson wasn’t the only free agent to visit with the Jets on Monday.
    Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that wide receiver Jacoby Ford and guard/center Rich Ohrnberger also met with the team.
    The Jets’ interest in Ford was reported a couple of weeks ago, but he had not visited with the team before Monday. Ford played for current Jets wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal in Oakland and is coming off a year that saw him catch 13 passes in 14 games for the Raiders. Ford missed the entire 2012 season with a Lisfranc injury, but flashed good speed as both a receiver and kick returner before the injury.
    The Jets have signed Eric Decker this offseason and Jeremy Kerley will likely retain a leading role at receiver, but the rest of the group will sort itself out over the rest of the offseason and summer.
    Ohrnberger played 13 games and started once for the Chargers last season. With guards Willie Colon and Brian Winters and centerNick Mangold returning for the Jets, Ohrnberger would likely be looking at a reserve role with the Jets.

Id love to sign all three.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    they'd all improve the roster, and Ford fixes the return game

they'd all improve the roster, and Ford fixes the return game
    Agree 100%. Value wise, Ford is a guy who I'd love to have as he can play ST as well

All Pro
    I would sign all three....they would all contribute on the cheap...

i guess manish is reading rotoworld like the rest of us, except he's being paid to do it.

Been lurking on his site for years and don't post much but really hope we sign Ohrnberger. I have been watching this guy play since high school he went to school with my son in East Meadow. Plays with a nasty streak and to the whistle every play,would provide solid depth to the O line.

Veteran
    Where is 90210 now with his take on Ford....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Prediction Idzik will sign one of these 3 players - should take him till Friday to get that accomplished and the other 2 will sign elsewhere by Wednesday. I can't say which one we sign but the other 2 will sign with the very next team they visit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7jetfan View Post
    Been lurking on his site for years and don't post much but really hope we sign Ohrnberger. I have been watching this guy play since high school he went to school with my son in East Meadow. Plays with a nasty streak and to the whistle every play,would provide solid depth to the O line.

Thanks for the insight, much appreciated & I hope the team signs him too. I've been saying it since the day they signed Mangold that the NYJ need a solid, viable back up at Center. If Ohrnberger can anchor the line & like you said plays nasty, it's a win-win addition to the roster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 24/7jetfan View Post
    Cool. Thanks for posting this. So you think he'd be an immediate #2 Center and could play backup OG as well? Sounds like good versatility on the interior in terms of backing up multiple spots.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Where is 90210 now with his take on Ford....
    Was great w/ the Raiders, will suck with the Jets.

That about sums up 90210's take.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post

Has anyone ever been great with the Raiders in last 10 years??

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Has anyone ever been great with the Raiders in last 10 years??
    Depends.

In the real world? No.

In 90210's world? EVERYONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Yes- we need as much depth as we can get and none of them will come at too high a price.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post

Yes, this sums it up...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Prediction Idzik will sign one of these 3 players - should take him till Friday to get that accomplished and the other 2 will sign elsewhere by Wednesday. I can't say which one we sign but the other 2 will sign with the very next team they visit.
    I love the power of positive thinking.Do you work for WFAN?

AP
    Cornerback Dimitri Patterson wasn’t the only free agent to visit with the Jets on Monday.
    The Jets’ interest in Ford was reported a couple of weeks ago, but he had not visited with the team before Monday. Ford played for current Jets wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal in Oakland and is coming off a year that saw him catch 13 passes in 14 games for the Raiders. Ford missed the entire 2012 season with a Lisfranc injury, but flashed good speed as both a receiver and kick returner before the injury.

yawn....

AP

It only took the Jets 2 weeks to get Ford in for a look see. Hmmm. Did Idzik spend 2 weeks digging into Fords past or did he want to give every single other team a fair chance at Ford before he decided to meet him? Idzik is such a nice guy letting other teams sign players the Jets need to be competitive - I'm so glad Idzik is our GM. Since he's doing such a great job in free agency I think I will go out and spend a fortune on season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    It only took the Jets 2 weeks to get Ford in for a look see. Hmmm. Did Idzik spend 2 weeks digging into Fords past or did he want to give every single other team a fair chance at Ford before he decided to meet him? Idzik is such a nice guy letting other teams sign players the Jets need to be competitive - I'm so glad Idzik is our GM. Since he's doing such a great job in free agency I think I will go out and spend a fortune on season tickets.
    As far as I'm concerned, I could have waited longer to bring Ford in... How many WRs do we really need to sign in FA with this being the Deepest draft perhaps ever for WR? Idzik is following a philosophy that dictates being a responsible spender in FA... He is not the only GM that does it... We have 12 picks and 6 in Top 137 in the draft this year.... Important to make them count.. We have flexibility.. via trading up/down, players , future draft picks and of course our selections..