Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Punishments: Mike Goodson

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    He served his suspension....why would he get suspended again in 2014. If he was, I doubt that the Jets would have kept him. Kudos to them and he also comes cheap. In the few games that he was in last year, the guy looked explosive. I also see a man in 2014 that will be highly motivated since the Jets did not give up on him. The guy made a mistake......move on.....sure looks like the jets did. To those of you talking about the knee injury, if he was still hurt, it's not likely that they would have kept him. You can not have too many running backs. Powell, Ivory, Goodson, quite possibly Chris Johnson next week and still draft one with one of our 12 picks. That is a stable of running backs with different skill sets that will cause headaches for any defense.
    Because HERE in 2014, he might be found guilty of a weapons charge, not simply accused of it with a little weed in his pocket. If he was already in the NFL program, the weed alone could have triggered a suspension. If he is found (or pleads) guilty, the suspension could be for the behavior, not substance abuse. As for why the Jets are keeping him, they might as well keep their options open now. No harm in having him on the roster as they moved his bonus back.
    Last edited by crasherino; 04-04-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Because HERE in 2014, he might be found guilty of a weapons charge, not simply accused of it with a little weed in his pocket. If he was already in the NFL program, the weed alone could have triggered a suspension. If he is found (or pleads) guilty, the suspension could be for the behavior, not substance abuse. As for the Jets are keeping, they might as well keep their options open now. No harm in having him on the roster as they moved his bonus back.
    I can see both sides of this situation happening. I don't put anything past Goodell.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't think it was reported that either claimed ownership. The details - as far as the public is concerned - are still a bit vague to know who said what. From the beginning it seemed like they were trying to get Goodson to roll on his buddy which is why they were holding him to the charge. But it's gone on long enough that who knows what the real scoop is. It was reported that he rejected a plea deal that had significant jail time so it's clear that they aren't dropping the weapons charge just yet.
    Thanks, man. Btw, I left the double-jelly donut for you.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    So, let me ask for the sake of asking. Goodson was punished last year with a 4 game suspension. I'm asking strictly from the point of view of whether he'll be playing this year or not.
    My questions are:
    Was he punished for being arrested, or substance abuse? Or both?
    Can he be punished twice for the same thing if convicted? This is assuming the first punishment is for the same thing as the supposed second. I.e. if he was punished for substance abuse, will the commissioner punish him for his conviction (on top of whatever jail time he gets...). I don't know what the original 4 games was for.
    If he doesn't get convicted and pleads out to something less, is he good to go? Is he subject to more suspension?
    Discuss. His situation is not cut and dry.
    He will be released if Idzik can find a way to pick up CJ2K. If not, I guess a 4 game suspension if he gets off the case for violating personal conduct rules. If he does jail time I guess the Jets will release him. So the only way he stays with the Jets is if he gets off and they fail to get CJ2K.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    They're waiting to see whether the charges stick. If they do, the Jets have recourse and can recoup money against him. If they don't, he's a decent #3 back to have. Simple as that.
    He will not be on the team. He is still under contract because there is no risk keeping him. Wait till he can pass a physical then cut him so you dont have to give him an injury settlement. If he does go to jail his contract gets voided as well. Worst case he comes to camp and gets cut week 3 pre. Either way it is very unlikely he makes the team after last year. If we dont sign CJ we will draft a RB 2-3 round.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Thanks, man. Btw, I left the double-jelly donut for you.
    Haha....I came into work today and one of the preggo chicks (there are 3 of them on my floor) was chowing down on a donut. I tried to find the source but alas it came from 2 floors above. Apparently she has a pastry radar that encompasses radius of 5 floors all around.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberjet View Post
    What has impressed me or at least caught my attention is the fact that the Jets have not cut bait on this guy. I don't know if it's financial but I get the sense that the Jets like this guy and are trying to help him - and I don't mean from a football perspective. I agree that the Jets have handled this very well but I get the sense there is some compassion here and genuine effort to not abandon this guy. Maybe I'm nieve but appears to be a nuce thing. I wish Goodson the best.
    I remember when he ran a reverse and was flying around everyone. Everybody looked they were in slow motion chasing him. The dude can run; ACL injuries are not career ending in most cases and he just might be better this year.

Hall Of Fame
    There is no doubt in my mind the scumbag Goodell will suspend him again unless he were a Patriot*

But remembering how much better our Offense was with him in that very brief time really makes me want CJ2K.