Thread: Since the safety class is considered so weak

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the safety class is considered so weak

Anyone know if there are any CBs coming out that are projected to move to FS? I would think there would have to be a few of the larger CBs who may have speed but not the quickness to stay man to man on faster WRs every down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is a pretty weak and small CB class so not very likely. Best possible is Jaylen Watkins IMO. There are no top end CBs at all this year and a lot of small speed guys. S class seems a lot more ranged although I wouldnt call any of them ball hawks. In most draft I'd say a guy like Gilbert in the 3rd.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say Antone Exum and Lamarcus Joyner to name but a few that have played and can transition to the safety position. If you ask dreamers all the DB in this draft suck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    I would say Antone Exum and Lamarcus Joyner to name but a few that have played and can transition to the safety position. If you ask dreamers all the DB in this draft suck.
    Never said it sucks there is just no top end talent at all at CB and the field has pretty big drop offs after the top 5 guys. Im an FSU fan and I wouldnt draft Joyner in the 5th. He is 5'8, not very strong, and his physical game will not transition well to be a pro much less S. He is a nickle CB not much more as a pro and will get eaten alive vs most physical slot guys.
    You have 1 or two question mark guys like Marcus Roberson or Jaylen Watkins you can take a gamble on but there is not a ton of talent at all at CB this year sorry. It is a very weak class. The S class I like there is a much wider range of mid to late round talent and it is topped off by two solid 1st rounders.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradley Roby and possibly Kyle Fuller....also as already mentioned Exum and Joyner

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Bradley Roby and possibly Kyle Fuller....also as already mentioned Exum and Joyner
    Roby is the guy I think Rex is targeting in all likely hood. I dont think he plans on making him a S though. I think he will end up replacing Wilson is he does fall to us in the 2nd. I have him as the 3rd best CB of this class really. Would take him over Dennard easy.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen some rumors that Kyle Wilson could move to safety, played a little last season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jjoy21 View Post
    I've seen some rumors that Kyle Wilson could move to safety, played a little last season.
    I only remember him playing S in camp dont recall him lining up at S during the season at all. I recall even that was do to injury and before we brought in Miles.