Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2014 draft: WR notes, and tidbits....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Wow, dismissed?!

well, off to Tennessee State.
    LOL I think that's where they all go.

All Pro
    ...and just when you thought you had it figured out--

Odell Beckham Jr. - WR - Tigers
    LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr. "will be a superstar at the next level," according to NFL media analyst Bucky Brooks.
    The 5-foot-11, 198-pounder is an "explosive playmaker" with the "speed and elusiveness to produce fireworks at the drop of a hat," according to the analyst, who compared him to Victor Cruz. "Beckham is fast enough to run away from defenders on the perimeter, yet displays the power and toughness to run through arm tackles in traffic," Brooks wrote. "Thus, he regularly turns short passes into big gains on bubble screens, slants and crossing routes. Not to mention, he's a home-run hitter on vertical routes."
    NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah believes LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr. could sneak into the top 10.
    "Every now and then you have a player go in the top 10 (and) nobody saw it coming. How about WR Odell Beckham Jr. from LSU," Jeremiah said. "This is a player a lot of people are excited about. And if we see a guy like Sammy Watkins potentially go with that No. 2 overall pick, and then you see Mike Evans go early on, I think Odell Beckham Jr. is next in line. What he can do in the passing game -- go up and get the footblal, run after the catch, can stretch the field vertically, and then the added bonus (is) he's an outstanding returner. So to me, he's a wild-card player. I think people might be shocked on the outside, but a lot of love for him inside the league." The Bills at No. 9 are a possibility, as are the Li

All Pro
    I could see it:

LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr. had dinner with the Steelers on Tuesday, and also met with the 49ers and Bills this week.
    Pittsburgh is known to be extremely interested in Beckham, though it's no longer a guarantee that he'll be on the board at No. 15. NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah said recently that he wouldn't be shocked if Beckham snuck into the top 10. Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin attended Beckham's pro day Wednesday in Baton Rouge.

Mike Evans - WR - Aggies
    The Eagles will target a large, speedy wide receiver early in the NFL Draft, speculates the Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane.
    "What's your ability to get open in one-on-one coverage, because we see a ton of it," Eagles coach Chip Kelly recently said when asked what his top priority is in searching for a wide receiver. Philly's boss also explicitly stated he's looking for size and speed. Texas A&M WR Mike Evans possesses both, but he'll be long gone by No. 22. Florida State's Kelvin Benjamin could be a good fit at that point. If they wait until the second round, Penn State's Allen Robinson, Clemson's Martavis Bryant or Ole Miss' Donte Moncrief will all hold intrigue. The Eagles own the 54th overall pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I'd still take him with our first pick next year. Have you seen that guy? I'm in love.
    That's insane. Lawrence Phillips had all the talent in the world, too - but no self control and was out of the league before he could do anything with it. Kid pushed one woman down a flight of stairs and dragged another out of a house by her neck? That's not one-time behavior, and you can't bet a first round pick on him being available.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    That's insane. Lawrence Phillips had all the talent in the world, too - but no self control and was out of the league before he could do anything with it. Kid pushed one woman down a flight of stairs and dragged another out of a house by her neck? That's not one-time behavior, and you can't bet a first round pick on him being available.
    Im not gonna act like its no big deal, but when I read about the whole incident rather than just the headlines, I wasn't as disturbed.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-13-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Don't forget the multiple marijuana arrests. It's unfortunate but this kid is not learning from his past mistakes, if anything they are getting worse.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Don't forget the multiple marijuana arrests. It's unfortunate but this kid is not learning from his past mistakes
    No he's not, and that has a lot do with the fact that he's being getting away with murder for lack of a better expression. The latest and greatest is troubling (though the full report sounds more like drunken nonesense than buffalo bill) and now he's gonna have to go to a new school, and live under the microscope. If he's gonna put it back together, this should do it.

All League
    Calvin Pryor coming in for a visit

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 1h
    Louisville S Calvin Pryor, considered by many the No. 2 safety in the draft, scheduled to
    visit the Jets, per @Gil_Brandt. #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Calvin Pryor coming in for a visit

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 1h
    Louisville S Calvin Pryor, considered by many the No. 2 safety in the draft, scheduled to
    visit the Jets, per @Gil_Brandt. #nyj
    I like him, but he goes for a lot of big hits without wrapping up. If we draft him we better sign Ed Reed to teach him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    I like him, but he goes for a lot of big hits without wrapping up. If we draft him we better sign Ed Reed to teach him.
    Would anyone be thrilled if Pryor was the pick at 18? I would hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Once he showed up 3 inches shorter at the the Combine than he was listed by Louisville, I no longer liked the idea.

Veteran
    I don't think he fits this team, so yes I would hate it.

Eh, I'd trust Rex's judgement and our scouting department when it comes to defensive players. Outside of Wilson who wasn't a terrible pick in a ****ty draft they've done really well. Safety is probably the hardest position for me to scout though so Idk.

Brandon Thomas, a Guard from Clemson, was rated as high as the third best Guard by some sites. He tore his ACL working out for the Saints. Do you think this guy would be there in the 6th? 7th? We could grab him and stick him on the PUP for a year. I don't think I would burn a 5th on him but I would do a 6th for sure. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Brandon Thomas, a Guard from Clemson, was rated as high as the third best Guard by some sites. He tore his ACL working out for the Saints. Do you think this guy would be there in the 6th? 7th? We could grab him and stick him on the PUP for a year. I don't think I would burn a 5th on him but I would do a 6th for sure. Thoughts?
    No problem with that. Doesn't hurt to draft some spots with an eye towards 2015

All Pro
    I am looking at spending our late 4th on Aaron Murray, our 5th on Aaron Colvin and one of our 6th on this kid. I am also interested in spending 1 of em on Colt Lyerla and 1 on Seantrel Henderson.

All Pro

With 12 picks, I'm fine rolling the dice on a high-upside guy like this, even with a 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I am looking at spending our late 4th on Aaron Murray, our 5th on Aaron Colvin and one of our 6th on this kid. I am also interested in spending 1 of em on Colt Lyerla and 1 on Seantrel Henderson.
    No one is spending anything on Colt Lyerla.

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31 1m
    Rutgers WR Brandon Coleman and FS Jeremy Deering are working out for the #Jets on Thursday. #nyj

I would LOVE IT!
    It's about time this team had someone patrolling the middle of the field taking advantage of the big boys working up front!
    Our safeties are HORRIBLE plain & simple!
    Let's fix it with this draft & take Allen Robinson or Bryant in the 2nd round!