images.jpg

To the flip...

153116818_8.jpg

To this...

tim-Tebgow.jpg

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ick-next-team/

Holmes likely will wait until after draft to pick next team

Posted by Mike Florio on April 8, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT

Of all the receivers available in 2014, only one owns a Super Bowl MVP trophy. And he’s still not employed.

Per a league source, receiver Santonio Holmes likely will wait until after the draft to pick his next team. With a deep class of receivers in the draft, it makes sense to see where the needs are after needs are addressed via the seven-round selection process.

A first-round pick of the Steelers in 2006, Holmes was traded by Pittsburgh little more than a year after making a catch for the ages to deliver a victory in Super Bowl XLIII — and in the aftermath of a four-game suspension for violation of the substance-abuse policy.

Holmes spent four years with the Jets, but had lackluster numbers amid injury issues and attitude concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    From this...

t_35481_01.jpg

To this...

vlcsnap-2011-01-16-18h02m33.jpg

To this...

images.jpg

To the flip...

153116818_8.jpg

To this...

tim-Tebgow.jpg

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ick-next-team/

Holmes likely will wait until after draft to pick next team

Posted by Mike Florio on April 8, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT

Of all the receivers available in 2014, only one owns a Super Bowl MVP trophy. And he’s still not employed.

Per a league source, receiver Santonio Holmes likely will wait until after the draft to pick his next team. With a deep class of receivers in the draft, it makes sense to see where the needs are after needs are addressed via the seven-round selection process.

A first-round pick of the Steelers in 2006, Holmes was traded by Pittsburgh little more than a year after making a catch for the ages to deliver a victory in Super Bowl XLIII — and in the aftermath of a four-game suspension for violation of the substance-abuse policy.

Holmes spent four years with the Jets, but had lackluster numbers amid injury issues and attitude concerns.

Fk him

that catch in the NE game was top notch

Holmes gets to "pick his next team" now. That's hilarious. What a hot item he is, I just don't know how all the teams at the Southern Ball are going to wait.

All Pro
    He did make some great catches. Just not worth the headaches.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Such a punk *****. Thinking it's fate that he becomes a Raider

I like how someone's trying to make it seem like it's his choice.

He's not a part of that 1st or 2nd tier of free agents that get signed before the draft. Someone will sign him to a 1 year deal to fill a hole they couldn't plug during the draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Is that idiot Florio trying to tell us that unemployed is Holmes choice? LOL, ok

Jets Insider VIP
    Right, it's a "strategy" to wait for after the draft. More like noone's even bothered to give your sorry ass a call.

Just like it's Southside's "startegy" to not talk to chicks he likes so other dudes can bang them.

All Pro
    I've decided to wait until the end of each month to take money for my employment, and I've also decided to pay a large slice to the government in taxes. I've also decided to breathe oxygen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Right, it's a "strategy" to wait for after the draft. More like noone's even bothered to give your sorry ass a call.

Just like it's Southside's "startegy" to not talk to chicks he likes so other dudes can bang them.

* You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RaoulDuke again.

Veteran
    The headline is wrong, it should read "Teams waiting until after the draft to see if they want Holms".

Rookie
    I'm also waiting til after the draft to get signed by a team. I think I could be competitive with Santonio

like he has a choice.

Veteran
    He's laughing all the way to the bank with Woody's $. Thanks Tanny.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The guy is such a dbag but the reality is is that some team may end up getting a steal if he decides to focus. He'll likely sign close to a minimum deal with some heavy incentives and if a couple of guys go down and he decides he wants to be a real player, he still has what it takes to be a contributor. I think.

I'd put decent money that the guy is a Panther when its all said and done. They HAVE to go heavy on WR in the draft and Holmes - if he's not sulking - could be a good mentor. On Hard Knocks, you saw him teaching guys (namely Joe McKnight) on different aspects of the game.

Glad he's not here, but I could see him having a decent year somewhere.

All Pro
    HolMEs and the Faiders are a match made in Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    The guy is such a dbag but the reality is is that some team may end up getting a steal if he decides to focus. He'll likely sign close to a minimum deal with some heavy incentives and if a couple of guys go down and he decides he wants to be a real player, he still has what it takes to be a contributor. I think.

I'd put decent money that the guy is a Panther when its all said and done. They HAVE to go heavy on WR in the draft and Holmes - if he's not sulking - could be a good mentor. On Hard Knocks, you saw him teaching guys (namely Joe McKnight) on different aspects of the game.

Glad he's not here, but I could see him having a decent year somewhere.
    It's not even really focus.

If the guy stays healthy he'll be damn good for whoever gets him.

He's an odd dude, and people have grown a hatred for some reasons. The turnover after his injury made me done with him, but the guy is still a good football player and would dominate on a team like New England. With Brady he'd catch over a hundred balls.

All Pro
    I'm sure this was his idea.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    It's not even really focus.

If the guy stays healthy he'll be damn good for whoever gets him.

He's an odd dude, and people have grown a hatred for some reasons. The turnover after his injury made me done with him, but the guy is still a good football player and would dominate on a team like New England. With Brady he'd catch over a hundred balls.
    To assume that he could stay on the field that much is to assume a lot.