Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: McShay: 2014 NFL Mock Draft 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Well no sh*t sherlock.... but you're not saying anything of substance here - just denouncing several prospects as first round talent. Your philosophy on drafting WRs is cornholed with flaws and tunnel vision, but what's more concerning is your total lack of awareness of where this team's at. Big talent comes with big personality, and the new york jets offense was so fundamentally devoid of both that we basically bored ourselves to sleep on O out there last year. Frankly, you just don't understand the receiver position. You're looking at a painting, holding a calculator.

...on that note, i sort of agree with your stance though lol. I'm settling on the position that I want Lee at 18 - and he WILL be dominant. Bryant and thomas weren't top tens in your words. Lee is going to be added to that list.... I'm back and forth with Odell. Cooks definitely not. In fact, Cinton-Dix, Martin, Gilbert, Barr, Bridgewater, are all more worthy than anyone not named Lee.
    Don't take Dreamers draft evaluations serious.
    He was telling me for months that the Jets have no chance of drafting a player like Lache Seastrunk because he's going in the 1st round.

Well no sh*t sherlock.... but you're not saying anything of substance here - just denouncing several prospects as first round talent. Your philosophy on drafting WRs is cornholed with flaws and tunnel vision, but what's more concerning is your total lack of awareness of where this team's at. Big talent comes with big personality, and the new york jets offense was so fundamentally devoid of both that we basically bored ourselves to sleep on O out there last year. Frankly, you just don't understand the receiver position. You're looking at a painting, holding a calculator.

...on that note, i sort of agree with your stance though lol. I'm settling on the position that I want Lee at 18 - and he WILL be dominant. Bryant and thomas weren't top tens in your words. Lee is going to be added to that list.... I'm back and forth with Odell. Cooks definitely not. In fact, Cinton-Dix, Martin, Gilbert, Barr, Bridgewater, are all more worthy than anyone not named Lee.
    Other then Lee being dominate I agree with you here. I think your simplifying my stance on WR but I can live with that. Your right in the fact I dont believe this team NEEDS a WR that bad. A lot of people do I just dont. We have just as much at WR right now as a lot of teams is all. To improve this team we need more then a WR or 2 on O. It is not a fix all like some seem to be portraying it to be. I understand the WR position at lot more then you think I do as well but yes I am a by the numbers guy. That said I trust in our GM to do what is right long term.

Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    Don't take Dreamers draft evaluations serious.
    He was telling me for months that the Jets have no chance of drafting a player like Lache Seastrunk because he's going in the 1st round.
    Your so full of **** on this comment your ears are brown. Never mind this came from a discussion on how you think your getting good RBs in the 4-5 rounds. Lache has fallen on boards sense that comment and he still isnt likely to be on the board in the 4th FYI. Go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Your so full of **** on this comment your ears are brown. Never mind this came from a discussion on how you think your getting good RBs in the 4-5 rounds. Lache has fallen on boards sense that comment and he still isnt likely to be on the board in the 4th FYI. Go to hell.
    lol I never said 4th or 5th rounds regarding Lache Seastrunk.
    I always told you 3rd round for him & you always blew my idea & said it was no chance he'd make it out the 1st round.
    That was even after the college season ended.

You telling me his combine changed everything & changed your mind when I've been telling you all this time we could get him in the 3rd?
    At this point, we probably will be able to get him with TB's 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    lol I never said 4th or 5th rounds regarding Lache Seastrunk.
    I always told you 3rd round for him & you always blew my idea & said it was no chance he'd make it out the 1st round.
    That was even after the college season ended.

You telling me his combine changed everything & changed your mind when I've been telling you all this time we could get him in the 3rd?
    At this point, we probably will be able to get him with TB's 4th.

If you read my comments again you will see I had Lache ranked 3rd among RBs before the combine. I may have said if you want him you better draft him early because chances are he isnt falling very far. Prior to the combine almost everyone had him as the top RB in this class but me really. I have been in love with Sankey for a while now. Yes I compared Lache to guys like CJ and McCoy ability wise but I also say he needs a lot of work. Sankey and Carey have always been my 1-2 those are just more my type of back. As with most positions it is does he fit what you need. Lache actually fits what a lot of teams that need a RB are doing right now. Honestly I prefer workhorse backs still I am very old school. Not sure who told you Lache wouldnt fall out of the 1st, wasnt me. I do believe you will see at least 1 late 1st in this draft but I couldnt tell you which one. 9 of these guys would have been the 1st RB in last year POS class IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Am I the only one thinking that Teams are not as high on Manziel as the so called experts? I really think we will see an Aaron Rodgers like slide.... Also most teams needing QB's are new GMs who are prob unwilling to risk their jobs on perhaps the biggest gamble in draft history.. Johnny either becomes great or busts, no in between with him....... I honestly believe there are three scenarios. Either the Browns take him with their second 1st round pick if they didn't go QB with their first. Or the Texans, or raiders or vikings trade into the first and take him late in the first, or lastly, one of those teams get lucky and he slips to the second like Geno did last season for us...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Am I the only one thinking that Teams are not as high on Manziel as the so called experts? I really think we will see an Aaron Rodgers like slide.... Also most teams needing QB's are new GMs who are prob unwilling to risk their jobs on perhaps the biggest gamble in draft history.. Johnny either becomes great or busts, no in between with him....... I honestly believe there are three scenarios. Either the Browns take him with their second 1st round pick if they didn't go QB with their first. Or the Texans, or raiders or vikings trade into the first and take him late in the first, or lastly, one of those teams get lucky and he slips to the second like Geno did last season for us...
    Also I have been hearing that on the downlow, Carr is the Browns top QB in the draft and they can reach early or take him with their second pick

No I have been saying that for a while. I just dont see where Houston, Minni, or Cleveland are serious about him. The Raiders dont even seem to really be in the QB hunt anymore either. Every time you hear a coach or GM talk it is always the PC answer. They dont even give try to make a smoke screen out of him. I do believe there are those that think he is the best in the class but just dont want that kind of QB as well. He is going to be a hard sell for any GM in the 1st. I think you could very well see SD or Philly make a run at him in the 2nd. I will be shocked if SD doesnt take a QB early here I just dont know who.

First of all I think the Browns could have their pick of any QB at four with Clowney, Robinson, and a third non-QB going 1-2-3.

Bortles should go in the top half of round one.

I am not sure about Manziel but the guy in real trouble is Teddy Bridgewater.

At one point he was looking to be the #1 overall pick on this draft but now with poor workouts he is going to slide on draft day.

I would not be surprised if he goes in round two or if he is not among the top 3 QBs to be taken in this draft.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post

At one point he was looking to be the #1 overall pick on this draft but now with poor workouts he is going to slide on draft day..
    Easy Geraldo,

Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Player
    Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater's agent told ProFootballTalk his client has only had one private workout, and the assessment they received was "simply amazing and sharp."
    This contradicts a report from ESPN's Chris Mortensen stating Bridgewater had looked shaky in his private workouts -- which is obviously impossible considering he has only had one. There is blood in the water surrounding Bridgewater, and NFL teams will say anything or leak any information if it means a coveted player will fall to them. Lying season is in full swing.

Easy Geraldo,
    Of course his agent would say that.

Apparently Mike Mayock begs to differ.

Link:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...250664721.html

Will Bridgewater slide to No. 8 after poor workout reviews?

Posted by: Mark Craig under NFCUpdated: March 17, 2014 - 2:24 PM
    • Teddy Bridgewater played 39 games at the Louisville. His completion percentage was 68.4 percent, including a crisp, 71.0 percent effort in 13 games last season.

Accuracy wasn't considered an issue. Until, apparently, today.
    Bridgewater's Pro Day was held today in Louisville. Twenty-nine teams were in attendance. The Vikings sent coach Mike Zimmer, General Manager Rick Spielman and offensive coordinator Norv Turner.
    By most accounts, it wasn't a good 30-minute workout for Teddy. So the official Tearing Down Of Teddy process has begun. Who knows how far it will go, but this is a natural part of the process, particularly when a guy isn't that clear-cut No. 1 overall talent. And even then, with as much time between the scouting combine and the draft, even a guy like Andrew Luck withstood some arrows from critics and those hoping to muddy the waters so he'd fall to them.
    NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock was on hand for Bridgewater's performance, which was aired on the NFL Network. Mayock, who considers (at least for now) Bridgewater to be the top QB in the draft, called the workout "average at best" and was clearly disappointed that Bridgewater didn't seize the moment.
    Mayock said he saw "a lot of flutters, a lot of inaccuracy."
    Bridgewater told reporters he thought "it went pretty well."
    NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt, the former Cowboys executive, said Turner told him the workout was "pretty good." That, of course, could mean anything. Turner could have just been trying to be polite or vague. Team representatives aren't known for their pubic honesty when it comes to player evaluations this time of year.
    Welcome to the draft, Teddy. The road will get bumpier before it gets smoother. Whether this means Bridgewater slides to No. 8, where the Vikings are, or even further, is, unfortunately, something no one can do more than guess at until the draft is held in May.
    Next into the fire is Blake Bortles, whose workout is Wednesday at Central Florida. The Vikings will be there.

All Pro
    Mr hasty, you're being hasty. his proday, and private work outs are two different things. rnd 2 is laughable based on his tape.

Mr hasty, you're being hasty. his proday, and private work outs are two different things. rnd 2 is laughable based on his tape.
    Guys slide on draft day.

It happens all the time for reasons that are not clear at the time.

No one is looking at any of these guys the way they looked and talked about Andrew Luck.

Everyone wants to dump on Johnny Football calling his rise hype or otherwise not real even though he had an awesome workout at his pro day yet Bridgewater is somehow bulletproof.

Even if Bridgewater goes first overall that does not guarantee him any success in the NFL.

Jamarcus Russel and Ryan Leaf came into the league with tons of hype only to fail badly.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post
    Guys slide on draft day.

It happens all the time for reasons that are not clear at the time.

No one is looking at any of these guys the way they looked and talked about Andrew Luck.

Everyone wants to dump on Johnny Football calling his rise hype or otherwise not real even though he had an awesome workout at his pro day yet Bridgewater is somehow bulletproof.

Even if Bridgewater goes first overall that does not guarantee him any success in the NFL.

Jamarcus Russel and Ryan Leaf came into the league with tons of hype only to fail badly.

You're taking this too far. You don't have to convince me that guys slide on draft day. I know they do. Clausen was supposed to go between picks 5-10 and ended up in rnd 2 (prolly should gone undrafted)...

I was merely pointing out that your use of "bad private work outs" as a reason for his slide was not necessarily the case. That looks to be bogus as we're finding out. It was confirmed that he's only had 1 private work out thus far... this is all independent of his "proday"..

anyway, carry on.

He better be having amazing personal team workouts or he will slide. If you skip the combine workouts then you had better nail the pro day. If he is even just okay he's dropping.