Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Darqueze Dennard slipping out of top 20

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Given what they gave Walls I think they are expecting him to have a good year. We have Milliner who will be the #1 and we still have Wilson in the slot. I just dont see a big need to jump on a CB 1st round at all. It isnt like Trufant and Lankster are bad depth guys either. I'd be very shocked using a 1st on CB after giving Walls a 2 year 2 mil extension. Not that is is a lot of money but it is money we didnt have to give him. People hate on Wilson but he is a average slot CB. Bring in a guy sure but it shouldnt be anther 1st rounder when you have 2 on the team already.
    Do you think it is between Patterson and Walls to start at Cornerback #2 opposite Milliner?

Jets Insider VIP
    The best shutdown corner in the draft is Varrett. It is just unfortunate he is only 5'9.

What is everyone's thoughts on kyle fuller? He played great against Alabama before getting injured. Anyone have tape on his games other than highlights.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by wskelly View Post
    What is everyone's thoughts on kyle fuller? He played great against Alabama before getting injured. Anyone have tape on his games other than highlights.
    Here you go.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/kyle-fuller/

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Thanks

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by wskelly View Post
    Huge fan. One guy who I think has great potential at CB or FS. There was a game this year against Georgia Tech where they played Fuller at LB and he was killing GT's triple option attack single handedly. How many other CB's can do that?

All Pro
    If Rex Ryan loved D Revis, he should love D Dennard. Same player with just a small difference. What Dennard lacks in speed that was displayed during his combine experience he makes up for with his physicality.

This player is so physical that the only thing that worries me about him as an NFL player is him being flagged for penalties.

All League
    Dennard will be a PI machine in the NFL. He pulls and grabs on EVERY play. Watch more than a highlight tape of the guy. Seriously. His style of "Physical Play" is called "Interference" in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Do you think it is between Patterson and Walls to start at Cornerback #2 opposite Milliner?
    Hopefully not. Patterson sucks and is constantly injured. Walls is a decent depth Corner at best.

CB is the biggest need on this team. We are one season removed from losing Revis and a month removed from losing Cro and Kyle Wilson has been a disaster. You need effective press corners for Rex's blitz schemes to work.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Hopefully not. Patterson sucks and is constantly injured. Walls is a decent depth Corner at best.

CB is the biggest need on this team. We are one season removed from losing Revis and a month removed from losing Cro and Kyle Wilson has been a disaster. You need effective press corners for Rex's blitz schemes to work.
    I wouldn't mind taking Kyle Fuller in the 1st. I think he might be the best CB in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    I wouldn't mind taking Kyle Fuller in the 1st. I think he might be the best CB in this draft.
    If this FO and coaching staff really believe that then I am fine with that pick. We have the worst secondary in the NFL right now. Draft a legit CB in round 1 and sign Ed Reed I might feel better about it.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    If this FO and coaching staff really believe that then I am fine with that pick. We have the worst secondary in the NFL right now. Draft a legit CB in round 1 and sign Ed Reed I might feel better about it.
    I agree, I want Ed Reed back to coach up our young secondary. He's not the same player anymore, but we got better once we signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    I agree, I want Ed Reed back to coach up our young secondary. He's not the same player anymore, but we got better once we signed him.
    Ed Reed is a great lockerroom guy, a gym rat and hardcore gametape studier and he took Milliner under his wing and got him into that routine. We need him back.