Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Union College Hockey!

  1. #1

    Union College Hockey!

    I'm sure no one cares, but my alma mater Union College is headed to the NCAA Div 1 hockey finals. There are they only non-scholarship team and the frozen four was them (~2000 students) Boston College (who they beat, **** you Boston), Minnesota and North Dakota. Power houses and a local small private school. Whooooooooooooo!!!

    I'm drunk.

    **** you FF2.




  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,118
    Prolly shoulda put this in the NCAA sports area....

    Nice job, though. Beat big bad BC. I saw them beat Providence two weeks ago.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I'm sure no one cares, but my alma mater Union College is headed to the NCAA Div 1 hockey finals. There are they only non-scholarship team and the frozen four was them (~2000 students) Boston College (who they beat, **** you Boston), Minnesota and North Dakota. Power houses and a local small private school. Whooooooooooooo!!!

    I'm drunk.

    **** you FF2.




    Congrats. That's really shocking.

    And when I say shocking

    I'm talking about the fact that you went to college.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,118
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    Congrats. That's really shocking.

    And when I say shocking

    I'm talking about the fact that you went to college.
    I guess that also 'splains why he doesn't have a job.

    "It says here you went to Union collegE? Ah, yes... then.. Uh... I'm sorry... Uh....You're over qualified for this position."

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Prolly shoulda put this in the NCAA sports area....

    Nice job, though. Beat big bad BC. I saw them beat Providence two weeks ago.
    Might as well post it in the business networking forum. But thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    Congrats. That's really shocking.

    And when I say shocking

    I'm talking about the fact that you went to college.
    Thanks...errrr wait.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I guess that also 'splains why he doesn't have a job.

    "It says here you went to Union collegE? Ah, yes... then.. Uh... I'm sorry... Uh....You're over qualified for this position."
    I do now. It was much more fun when I didn't.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,118
    You heading to Philly on Saturday?

  8. #8
    Union College and RPI players & coaches going at it:




  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,470
    My alma mater, Quinnipiac, lost to Yale in the final of the Frozen Four last year. After destroying them THREE times during the regular season.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    You heading to Philly on Saturday?
    Unfortunately not, have some work stuff. I will be at the Schenectady bar for the official viewing though. Should be a blast.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    Union College and RPI players & coaches going at it:



    I was there. It was hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    My alma mater, Quinnipiac, lost to Yale in the final of the Frozen Four last year. After destroying them THREE times during the regular season.
    That was a tough one... Go Union!

  11. #11
    Congrats Caltron. One of the litigators I work with is a Union alum and his wife is on the Board of Trustees there. He is stoked.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,539
    What's hockey?


    Edit: nevermind - googled it.

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,386
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    Union College and RPI players & coaches going at it:



    The best part was that the white team's coaches are trying to show restraint and stay on their bench. Then some scrawny assistant, may be a grad student or something, casually jumps on the ice, hangs out for a second, and then - when he's firmly behind an official, starts barking and pushes the other teams' chief agitator (probably their HC). He gets pulled away a second later by another coach with a "WTF are you doing?" look.

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,519
    I thought Union was DIII, it is in Lax

  15. #15
    Ppfffftttt.....BC Hockey is running out of room in the trophy case.

    But enjoy the game at the bar in Skenecydy.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I thought Union was DIII, it is in Lax
    Only D1 in Hockey.

    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Ppfffftttt.....BC Hockey is running out of room in the trophy case.

    But enjoy the game at the bar in Skenecydy.
    I will. Maybe the BC players will be there.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I'm sure no one cares, but my alma mater Union College is headed to the NCAA Div 1 hockey finals. There are they only non-scholarship team and the frozen four was them (~2000 students) Boston College (who they beat, **** you Boston), Minnesota and North Dakota. Power houses and a local small private school. Whooooooooooooo!!!

    I'm drunk.

    **** you FF2.




    Fukk that. That is TOTALLY KOOL!!!! Nothing like being a poor stiff working adult and cheering on your college team.

    Good for you! GO UNION!

    here in Charlotte,, there are large clubs (UNC, NCSU, Wake, Duke, WVU etc..) and these bars fill up on big games and most of the people are between 30 and 60. Its a blast. I regret not having gone to a NCAA program school with bigger sports.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    My alma mater, Quinnipiac, lost to Yale in the final of the Frozen Four last year. After destroying them THREE times during the regular season.
    Did they do a Quinnipiac poll/study to measure the results???

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Fukk that. That is TOTALLY KOOL!!!! Nothing like being a poor stiff working adult and cheering on your college team.

    Good for you! GO UNION!

    here in Charlotte,, there are large clubs (UNC, NCSU, Wake, Duke, WVU etc..) and these bars fill up on big games and most of the people are between 30 and 60. Its a blast. I regret not having gone to a NCAA program school with bigger sports.
    Thanks man. I feel the same way. Sometimes I regret not going to a big football school. I used to go to "Florida bars" or "Texas bars" with friends that went to those schools for game days in new york and always came away hugely jealous. There are alums from 21 to 80 years old and it's just a party every week. Also, you have an actual connection unlike the Jets that my dad forced me in to.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Thanks man. I feel the same way. Sometimes I regret not going to a big football school. I used to go to "Florida bars" or "Texas bars" with friends that went to those schools for game days in new york and always came away hugely jealous. There are alums from 21 to 80 years old and it's just a party every week. Also, you have an actual connection unlike the Jets that my dad forced me in to.
    True story... both my daughters I told them I would pay ALL college costs and a small monthly stipend BUT they MUST go to a school that plays on national TV and is ranked occasionally. I wasn't kidding either. I got UNC and NCSU.

    One daughter works in DC and in DC there is a UNC alumni club. She watches all the big games in a bar on Connecticut Ave (1/4 mile from White House). She's made friends etc... Makes it all worth while.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us