Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most underrated player on the Jets roster?

All Pro

Most underrated player on the Jets roster?

Got the idea from the one about the best (where I think there is no real Argument because Wilkerson is easily the top dog) but who is the most underrated? You can look at it from two different angles - underrated league wide or by us fans?

I would say it might be Antonio Allen as he to me is easily a starter next year and Looks to be a dependant strong safety for many years to come. Yet many almost now consider him an afterthought after the CS inserted Ed Reed... Darrin Walls might be another choice as he has outside Corner potential or maybe for the offense you could say David Nelson as a big target and Veteran leader is incredibly valuable.

Clyde Gates

It's clearly not Tommy Bohannon....

Nick Folk. No matter how over-rated he is, he's still under-rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cumberland.

All Pro
    Maybe Barnes? This could be a big breakout year for him if we don't draft an OLB high.

Practice Squad
    Snacks. over shadowed by milk and sheldon

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    It's a toss-up:

Jeremy Kerley, Bilal Powell & Antonio Allen....take your pick.

All 3 of them perform far better then they get credit for.

They are extremely underrated and under-appreciated.

Allen, Kerley, Coples

The most underrated player is Kyle Wilson and I don't think it's close. Majority of people on this site hate him. He's performed well in the role that he has now defined for himself, nickel cornerback. Was he worth a 1st round pick, no. But he did play pretty well when he was pressed into action after Revis went down and he has shown to be an above average nickel CB in a league where having 3 CB's on the field at the same time is almost the norm now. For what he brings to the table he is definitely undervalued IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Kerley.

If he played in a competent offense, he'd be a household name.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BradySmugglesPickles View Post
    The most underrated player is Kyle Wilson and I don't think it's close.
    lllllllllllllllllllllllol

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    lllllllllllllllllllllllol
    Yeah I'm with Penny on this one. Wilson's been a mild bust if you ask me. What game was it last year when he kept getting called for personal fouls?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TJ Sanchez View Post
    Snacks. over shadowed by milk and sheldon
    Agreed. Going one step further: Ellis. Overshadowed by Snacks. Got the potential to be an All Pro player, just needs to stay healthy, he's always banged up and limited in some way.

Allen, Snacks and Geno

Jets Insider VIP
    David Harris

Half the board wants to get rid of him every year just because he isn't NaVorro Bowman.

The guy is a damn good ILB

Greg Salas. Working hard on the scout team

All League
    Easy answer.....it's Geno. He will easily beat Vick out in camp and after the draft where we hopefully add a REAL tight end to the roster and an additional Wr, Geno will have weapons that can actually play at this level and he will have an excellent year.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    David Harris

Half the board wants to get rid of him every year just because he isn't NaVorro Bowman.

The guy is a damn good ILB
    No argument from me, Harris is good, but under rated though? Maybe "league-wide" he's kind of an unknown, but to NYJ fans he's got to be considered the best LB we've had since Marvin Jones or Mo Lewis. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    Easy answer.....it's Geno. He will easily beat Vick out in camp and after the draft where we hopefully add a REAL tight end to the roster and an additional Wr, Geno will have weapons that can actually play at this level and he will have an excellent year.
    There's NO WAY Geno is currently underrated -- after the year he had last year he should be working at McDonald's, not having fans make excuses for his poor play (even if those excuses are legit).

If he turns it up this year, fans will react accordingly -- in fact, I'd say it's more likely he'll be OVERRATED on this board than underrated . . .

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Got the idea from the one about the best (where I think there is no real Argument because Wilkerson is easily the top dog) but who is the most underrated? You can look at it from two different angles - underrated league wide or by us fans?

I would say it might be Antonio Allen as he to me is easily a starter next year and Looks to be a dependant strong safety for many years to come. Yet many almost now consider him an afterthought after the CS inserted Ed Reed... Darrin Walls might be another choice as he has outside Corner potential or maybe for the offense you could say David Nelson as a big target and Veteran leader is incredibly valuable.
    Now this one has a lot of competition. Almost everyone on the roster is underrated. I'd say a tie between Coples, and Miliner. Coples led the league in QB pressures the second half of the season, and Miliner led the league in PDs the last quarter. Here's hoping the pick up where they left off.