Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real bad mock draft just posted on Yahoo.

Real bad mock draft just posted on Yahoo.

This guy is all over the place.....can't even get mad about it cause I can finally be sure this won't happen......I think!

Link?

Also, people will think I'm absolutely CRAZY, but I think, somewher ein the draft, our #1 priority should be Carlos Hyde. PERFECT for our GnP style. PERFECT.

All Pro
    I assume the OP is referring to this one. Has us taking Xavier Sua-Filo in the 1st.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/silvas-...0185--nfl.html

Yeah thats it sorry thought I posted it!

I can't possibly see Bortles and Bridgewater falling that far.
    Last edited by TheMagicRat; 04-18-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiftOrDie View Post
    Link?

Also, people will think I'm absolutely CRAZY, but I think, somewher ein the draft, our #1 priority should be Carlos Hyde. PERFECT for our GnP style. PERFECT.
    You are crazy. We just signed Chris Johnson to complement Ivory. I highly doubt we take a RB before rd 4.

This has been posted elsewhere. I wouldnt mind either pick. 18 is not to high to grab a G and there are 4 worth the pick in this draft here IMO. Hard to argue with arguably the best G in the draft and a TE that can play going 1-2. Yeah not a flashy start but it would improve the team a lot both long and short term.

why get all up in arms over some armchair GM making a list. that is all a mock draft is. completely meaningless drivel.

If the draft played out that way, I'd honestly rather see them grab Bortles at 18.....can't see him dropping out of top 10.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyShuler View Post
    If the draft played out that way, I'd honestly rather see them grab Bortles at 18.....can't see him dropping out of top 10.
    +1 I wouldn't let a QB Prospect like Bortles get by us if it was my choice, but I don't think he'd drop that far to begin with.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    You are crazy. We just signed Chris Johnson to complement Ivory. I highly doubt we take a RB before rd 4.
    Well, I know it WON'T happen, but that should've been our plan. If I was named the GM today, no matter how much Jets fans have a new fetish with CJ, I'd cut/trade his ass and draft Hyde. CJ sucks.

If I was named the GM today, no matter how much Jets fans have a new fetish with CJ, I'd cut/trade his ass and draft Hyde. CJ sucks.
    I wouldn't go that far, but I was not in favor of signing him, simply because I'd rather spend the $$ on TE, Safety, Corner, WR, and maybe even OL, all of which I feel are bigger needs than RB. There are countless players at those positions the Jets easily could have afforded and signed but they didn't.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Johnny Football is going at #26? He's not Brady Quinn lol

All League
    Link?

It's funny because Ground and Pound is Hyde's nickname in Columbus from his days of beating on women.

It's fashionable lately to have the Jets taking a G at 18, Cimini did it so everyone is doing it,
    I think it's trolling in a way, at least when idiot Cimini does it, I really hope they go wr / TE
    and wait to rebuild the line next year, I've heard better arguments for taking a LB, and Saftey
    at 18, let's see we need an OLB, ILB, S, WR, TE CB, after that G. I really think a burner who
    can blow the top off is our no, 1 need, and leaving one on the board for the patriots in sac
    relig, I'm also jealous of pittsburg because they probably have a choice to get another dominate
    LB or a burner, the Jets are completely different with burner. Next year you may see a G / T /
    or LB go no. 1 for the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicRat View Post
    I can't possibly see Bortles and Bridgewater falling that far.
    I bet you didn't see Geno falling to the 2nd rd last year either..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I bet you didn't see Geno falling to the 2nd rd last year either..
    Completely different situations. Geno fell because of character concerns and a poor second half of his senior year. Why is Bortles going to fall?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicRat View Post
    Completely different situations. Geno fell because of character concerns and a poor second half of his senior year. Why is Bortles going to fall?
    I've been watching the draft for around 50 years and haven't figured out yet why certain things happen.. BTW I never heard that Geno had character concerns before the draft? And his last year he had over 70% completions with 42 tds and 6 picks did he do all that in the first half of the season??

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I've been watching the draft for around 50 years and haven't figured out yet why certain things happen.. BTW I never heard that Geno had character concerns before the draft? And his last year he had over 70% completions with 42 tds and 6 picks did he do all that in the first half of the season??
    Most of his success came in the first half (or at least in the beginning) of his senior season. He had 26 TDs, 2 INTs in the first 7 games and then 16 TDs and 4 INTs in the final 6. So maybe not poor, but not nearly as good as his first 7.

And yes. There were concerns about his leadership and passion for the game.

"He doesn't have much presence, not much of a leader," said another league executive, who spent a great deal of time studying Smith before the draft. "I don't think he's a bad person, but that's not enough to be a quarterback in this league."

Two sources indicated that when Smith went on some visits to teams, rather than interact with coaches and front-office people, he would spend much of his time on his cell phone. Instead of being engaged with team officials, he would be texting friends or reading Twitter or a number of other distracting activities.

"All these other players who were in there were talking to the coaches, trying to get to know people and he was over there by himself," one of the sources said. "That's not what you want out of your quarterback."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ge...183846651.html

no way we pass on dennard or lee if they are still available