Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TE will not be an early selection for the Jets in this draft.

All Pro
    Niklas is the guy I want. Has the tools to be a terrific all-round NFL TE. Already a strong blocker, and his receiving skills are developing nicely too. I love the toughness he shows in his game.

Not a supporter of picking Ebron or Amaro, but would love Niklas in round 2 or 3. My fallback option is Fiedorowicz or Lynch, but Niklas is the guy I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    So, Mr. Waterboy, you are absolutely, positively sure about this , are you not.?

Personally, it would not surprise me if Jets go WR and CB in the early rounds--- may reserve the 5th- 6th rounds for

a possible sleeper TE like Crockett Gilmore of Colorado St. We have been burned before by taking TE early-- if you are old enuf to

remember Kyle Brady of Penn State taken in 1st round. ( a very bad selection, in hindsight)
    Lets just hope for the best and try to get some game breaker types at the skills positions.
    Johnny Mitchell

TE might not be an early pick for the Jets but it ceratinly won't be because of who we have right now. Cumberland is a Jag.

Jets Insider VIP
    We have been burned before by taking TE early-- if you are old enuf to

remember Kyle Brady of Penn State taken in 1st round. ( a very bad selection, in hindsight)
    Lets just hope for the best and try to get some game breaker types at the skills positions.
    Who cares?

That's like saying we should never draft another passrusher high in the draft because of Gholston.

So, Mr. Waterboy, you are absolutely, positively sure about this , are you not.?

Personally, it would not surprise me if Jets go WR and CB in the early rounds--- may reserve the 5th- 6th rounds for

a possible sleeper TE like Crockett Gilmore of Colorado St. We have been burned before by taking TE early-- if you are old enuf to

I am confused--he has posted here less than you (your waterboy comment) so you know more than he does?

I wouldn't use a mock draft argument, but adding Vick, Decker and Chris Johnson wouldn't surprise me if they didn't draft a TE, let alone a WR. They added weapons--decent ones in a salary cap world. Not ure why you positing here longer makes you know more than him. But his argument is as valid as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Niklas is the guy I want. Has the tools to be a terrific all-round NFL TE. Already a strong blocker, and his receiving skills are developing nicely too. I love the toughness he shows in his game.

Not a supporter of picking Ebron or Amaro, but would love Niklas in round 2 or 3. My fallback option is Fiedorowicz or Lynch, but Niklas is the guy I really like.
    I've been letting stats take over my life lately, and I've noticed that Niklas has a low Rec% (59.6%) compared to C.J. Fiedorowicz (83.9%) who is near the top in that category. Rec% (receptions divided by targets) is a pretty important stat no?

Amaro is still my favorite TE in this class though. He was targeted way more than any other TE (141 times) and still had a high Rec% (69.5%).

One could easily argue Amaro + 4th round WR helps this offense more than OBJ or Cook + 4th round TE...

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    One could easily argue Amaro + 4th round WR helps this offense more than OBJ or Cook + 4th round TE...
    Why not both?
    Take OBJ or Cooks & move up to get Amaro if possible.
    I love having 12 picks but 12 draft picks are not all making this team.
    That would be one helluva start to the draft if the Jets landed Amaro & one of muscle bound smurfs!

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Why not both?
    Take OBJ or Cooks & move up to get Amaro if possible.
    I love having 12 picks but 12 draft picks are not all making this team.
    That would be one helluva start to the draft if the Jets landed Amaro & one of muscle bound smurfs!
    My dream scenario here. Two more weapons with the first two picks.

I'm still concerned about the secondary and the pass rush, but I'm more concerned about giving Geno the opportunity to show us he can be the guy for the long haul. Decker, CJ, and top picks at both WR & TE....that's how you find out what your QB is made of, and you know if QB is a need for '15 or not.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    So the Jets bringing in Amaro ,Seferian Jenkins, Fideorwicz , Niklas for official Visits is a Smoke Screen . A NFL Team has only have 30 official Visits this aint a Smoke Screen Jets are getting a TE between Rounds 2-3 .
    +1,

I agree. The only way we let the TE spot drop passed 3 is if a player with such potential is available hat we just have to take.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post

The Notre Dame Tight Ends have been decent recently. Not great but decent. That said Ebron at 18 makes sense on a bunch of levels he is the best TE in the draft and we have nothing at TE.

Niklas didn't run the 40 a the combine? Big red flag for a skill position player. This guy has blocking TE written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The Notre Dame Tight Ends have been decent recently. Not great but decent. That said Ebron at 18 makes sense on a bunch of levels he is the best TE in the draft and we have nothing at TE.
    Ebron seems like the guy everyone has decided to pick apart his game. Might have to do with his cockiness so people are knocking him down a peg. Let's hope that the Jets are part of that piling on as anonymous GMs saying "he can't block, he lazy, blah, blah, blah"
    He is BY FAR the most athletic TE in this draft!
    I wouldn't mind seeing him give the PATs McCourty a forearm shiver as he's heading to the endzone in Gillette.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Niklas didn't run the 40 a the combine? Big red flag for a skill position player. This guy has blocking TE written all over him.
    I actually think he has Heath Miller type written all over him. He is not going to be Jimmy Graham he is a great blocker and does have great hands. Guy really was on OLB at ND first.

I am praying that Colt Lyerla falls to us in the 6th or 7th. Tyrann Mathieu had the same issues and looks like he has cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Ebron seems like the guy everyone has decided to pick apart his game. Might have to do with his cockiness so people are knocking him down a peg. Let's hope that the Jets are part of that piling on as anonymous GMs saying "he can't block, he lazy, blah, blah, blah"
    He is BY FAR the most athletic TE in this draft!
    I wouldn't mind seeing him give the PATs McCourty a forearm shiver as he's heading to the endzone in Gillette.
    Agreed---he legitimately is the Vernon Davis of this draft. Amaro I feel has Anthony Becht/Anthony Fasano written all over him. Playing with Evans opened up a lot for him. I don't know why Ebron is getting criticized so much. No one seems to talk about Amaro's felony arrest last year

who can be sure

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post
    I am confused--he has posted here less than you (your waterboy comment) so you know more than he does?

I wouldn't use a mock draft argument, but adding Vick, Decker and Chris Johnson wouldn't surprise me if they didn't draft a TE, let alone a WR. They added weapons--decent ones in a salary cap world. Not ure why you positing here longer makes you know more than him. But his argument is as valid as yours.
    .... Not ure why you positing here longer makes you know more than him. But his argument is as valid as yours.

...--My point was not that this poster was right or wrong but that we are all just guessing on the Draft.... when
    you make statements that are so absolutely sure-- it could be taken as arrogance. Who can be sure about what will
    happen in the future. Its fun to guess and express our thoughts--- as long time Jets fans and posters, we've seen it all---

the good picks and the horrible. In 1995 , Jets took TE Kyle Brady with the 9th pick; in 2004 Jerricho Cotchery was a 4th rounder;
    Wayne Chebet was a free agent. go figure.

Veteran
    Agreed---he legitimately is the Vernon Davis of this draft. Amaro I feel has Anthony Becht/Anthony Fasano written all over him. Playing with Evans opened up a lot for him. I don't know why Ebron is getting criticized so much. No one seems to talk about Amaro's felony arrest last year
    Huh. Texas A+M and Texas Tech are two different schools.

Jets Insider VIP
    Amaro played at Texas Tech, not Texas A&M

And I don't see how Amaro is anything like Becht or Fasano.

Hall Of Fame
    People are still making this flawed comparison??

Plus no one talks about the arrest of Amaro because the charges were dropped and he did not commit credit card fraud.

I actually think he has Heath Miller type written all over him. He is not going to be Jimmy Graham he is a great blocker and does have great hands. Guy really was on OLB at ND first.

I am praying that Colt Lyerla falls to us in the 6th or 7th. Tyrann Mathieu had the same issues and looks like he has cleaned up.

I was unaware that Mathieu was mentally unstable.