Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: New mock on nfldraftcountdown

  1. #1

    New mock on nfldraftcountdown

    Jets projected to take CB Kyle Fuller.

    What a let down that would be. Isn't he more of a zone guy?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Jets projected to take CB Kyle Fuller.

    What a let down that would be. Isn't he more of a zone guy?
    Not the sexy pick but would fill a big need with a good value.

    It would be a smart and sensible pick even if it seems boring now.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,689
    You can be assured that any CB we pick will not be a "zone CB"

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,114
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post
    Not the sexy pick but would fill a big need with a good value.

    It would be a smart and sensible pick even if it seems boring now.
    I'm not so sure that Fuller is good value at 18.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    You can be assured that any CB we pick will not be a "zone CB"
    i'm having a hard time believing dennard will not be the pick. amaro or allen robinson in the 2nd.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eastchester, NY
    Posts
    1,272
    It's hard to get excited about Fuller at 18 - I'd prefer Roby, although that also feels like a reach -- but on board with Amaro in round 2.

  7. #7
    if one of the top 2 corners dont fall, we should by all means to safety, TE or WR...either Ebron, on of the top safeties, or one of the top WR's will be there.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i'm having a hard time believing dennard will not be the pick. amaro or allen robinson in the 2nd.
    I still don't think Dennard will be there at 18

  9. #9
    I really think these are just smokescreens. Last week it was Pryor. I believe it will be either Cooks or OBJ.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,914
    Out of all the well known mock sites draft countdown always leaves me scratching my head the most.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,301
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I really think these are just smokescreens. Last week it was Pryor. I believe it will be either Cooks or OBJ.
    +1

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    I still don't think Dennard will be there at 18
    Who is that in ur sig??

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by NxYxJets View Post
    Who is that in ur sig??
    Cyn Santana

  14. #14
    I like Fuller A LOT... think he is EXACTLY what Rex likes in a CB....Hits hard, Physical and seems to have ball skills but not in the 1st

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    I like Fuller A LOT... think he is EXACTLY what Rex likes in a CB....Hits hard, Physical and seems to have ball skills but not in the 1st
    Me too. If we can't get Dennard - who I love as a player - then Fuller is the best alternative, followed by Roby. Tough to see any of them bar Dennard as value at 18 though.
    Last edited by mrcoops; 04-23-2014 at 04:59 AM.

  16. #16
    With the huge depth at WR it surely wouldn't surpise if we went defense with the first pick, especially considering the number of picks we have. I would love Anthony Barr to fall to us but would be happy with a CB, given Rex Ryans love of them.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Johnsburg
    Posts
    1,337
    I know that it's not accurate, but after running that stupid draft simulator a thousand times I believe we should take a CB in round 1 (unless Johnny Football drops).

    There are a couple safeties I have my eye on in Dion Bailey and Ed reynolds that may be available with our second 4th and the wr depth should drop a top one to our second pick.

    1. Top CB (or JF)
    2. Best wr on the board
    3. If one of the top four TE's are still on the board
    4. Chris Smith OLB
    4. One of the safeties I mentioned
    4. QB project
    5. Another wr

    fill out with BAP

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I really think these are just smokescreens. Last week it was Pryor. I believe it will be either Cooks or OBJ.
    Smoke screens for what?
    Either Cooks or OBJ will be there at 18, so who our we fooling? Ourselves?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Smoke screens for what?
    Either Cooks or OBJ will be there at 18, so who our we fooling? Ourselves?
    Right.

    Jets have added 4 pieces on offense this offseason(Breno, Vick, CJ, Decker) and have basically added role players and depth on D. I would be really surprised if they don't go D in first round, especially since the 2nd-3rd round receivers are not projected to be much of a drop off behind the middling 1st round receivers--OBJ, Cooks, Lee. Jets could take best d available and play around in the second for a Jordan Matthews type.

  20. #20

    roby gets confused easily

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    It's hard to get excited about Fuller at 18 - I'd prefer Roby, although that also feels like a reach -- but on board with Amaro in round 2.
    =Roby is supposed to be really dense-- Wonderlic score less than Keyshawn, a 12 , I think.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us