Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logan Thomas Coming In

All League

Logan Thomas Coming In

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 57m
    Jets doing some work on QBs, bringing in Virginia Tech's Logan Thomas today.

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Great arm, great athlete. Terrible dumb mistakes and at times looked like he never played QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm willing to bet that we're looking at him as a project TE, not a QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm willing to bet that we're looking at him as a project TE, not a QB.
    I hope that is the case, because as a QB prospect I don't think he has a draftable grade.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I hope that is the case, because as a QB prospect I don't think he has a draftable grade.
    Neither do I

The kid has, IMO, hands down the strongest arm in the draft...but sh*t for brains.

I was always pissed that Tech took the best TE prospect in the country and tried fitting a square peg into a round hole.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Neither do I

The kid has, IMO, hands down the strongest arm in the draft...but sh*t for brains.

I was always pissed that Tech took the best TE prospect in the country and tried fitting a square peg into a round hole.
    As a Clemson fan, I am glad they did.

All League
    @gregcosell
    Here's my next column. Don't react impulsively. Read it all + think about it. Always appreciate thoughtful responses.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-cas...27831-nfl.html

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    @gregcosell
    Here's my next column. Don't react impulsively. Read it all + think about it. Always appreciate thoughtful responses.

Here is a small tip, don't put in such a totally ridiculous headline for the article, a little controversy perhaps but that headline just made me instantly say, meh, not going to read it.

All Pro
    I'd have no problem with the Jets picking Logan Thomas as a developmental QB with one of our 6th rounders. He needs a lot of development, but his physical gifts are phenomenal. With patient development from a good OC/QB coach, there is a chance of developing Thomas into a pro QB with a big-league arm. He will need patience and support, but the raw ability is there. He's certainly at least capable of challenging Matt Simms as the #3 at least. To me, with 12 picks, a raw talent like Thomas is just the kind of boom or bust pick we should look to take in the later rounds - the potential payoff is huge for a small investment.

I would MUCH rather draft David Fales with one of our 6th rounders. He is a smart kid and is a perfect fit for the west coast offense.

I penciled him in for using a 5th or 6th on him and using him like a Brad Smith / slash / athlete role. If MM & Lee also want to look/work with him as a QB it's a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    @gregcosell

Sorry but comparing him to Cam Newton seems like a 15 mile stretch. Did you watch Logan Thomas? He is inept.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I penciled him in for using a 5th or 6th on him and using him like a Brad Smith / slash / athlete role. If MM & Lee also want to look/work with him as a QB it's a bonus.
    I agree with that he should be that type of player. I just want the Jets to stay away from him and Taj Boyd.

All Pro
    Logan Thomas as a TE.... YES.

Logan Thomas as a QB... NO THANKS.. we got enough on our plate bringing Geno along. If we wanted a physical freak, we could have just traded for Pryor. I'm getting really short with all these project QBs. waste of time and space. Who's worked out thus far?? Tell me. Who the fck with Logan's profile actually panned out in the last 10 years? Fcking no one. that;s who.

Draft him as a TE... The position he always wanted to play.

Not even worth taking on the team as a QB, but ABSOLUTELY as a tight end.

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    pretty kick-ass wildcat QB I reckon

Logan Thomas couldn't play QB in college, yet people think he can play in the NFL. Unbelievable.

Quick, make a list of all the bad college QBs that became good NFL QBs.

All Pro
    I happen to think that this kid has done a decent job playing QB for as little time as he has been a QB. I think he deserves the opportunity to sit and learn how to play the position behind a solid Vet. The Pack would be a good place for him or even the Panthers behind Cam.

Jets Insider VIP
    As a Clemson fan, I am glad they did.
    I bet

It seems like incredibly inconsistent QB play always dooms Tech.

They consistently have a top notch defense and a good running game (well, in years past at least) but they always have a penchant for going for these athletic QB's with impressive physical tools but very questionable accuracy and decision making.

Which college QB has worked out as a TE in recent years? I can't think of one.

Logan Thomas as a TE really isn't logical. He has all the physical tools to be a great QB. He has shown potential as a college QB even after having a terrible year last season.

In my mind a late round pick for him as a developmental QB would be worth the risk.