Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriots (surprise!) cleared of wrongoing by league on injury reports

All Pro

Patriots (surprise!) cleared of wrongoing by league on injury reports

While the black helicopter crowd yelling about the Patriots' schedule over in that thread may be a bit over the top, here's news about a league investigation into the Patriots on injury reporting to which the outcome will surprise...well...nobody.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/n...reports-042414

Quote Originally Posted by foxsports
    The New England Patriots will not be punished after Aqib Talib and Brandon Spikes accused their former team of falsifying injury reports.

The NFL investigated the matter and cleared the Patriots, a league spokesman told The Boston Globe’s Ben Volin.

Talib said after he signed with the Denver Broncos in March that he had a quad injury in 2013 that the Patriots reported as a hip ailment. Spikes said after he signed with the Buffalo Bills as a free agent that he was placed on injured reserve by the Patriots with a knee injury that merely needed “rest and rehab.”

Talib said the Patriots, who typically have a lengthy list of players on the injury report, “have their own way of reporting (injuries).” The team was criticized last season after it appeared that Tom Brady had injured his hand early in the season. Brady later was listed on the practice report with a “right shoulder” injury.
    As I read it, they manipulate the injury list to put Spikes on IR improperly but no fault was found. Unlike the scheduling stuff, this one feels more suspicous to me. I'm sure all relevant materials used in the investigation are being destroyed to 'save space in the NYC office'.

If you watched Spikes moving laterally like an 90-year old man with arthritic knees at the end of last season (as I unfortunately did), you'd know that the old "Goodell is in bed with the Patriots" narrative has no validity in this case.

All Pro
    You're going to spoil a perfectly good Pats-bashing thread with your attempt at rational debate, aren't you. Being a Pats fan has literally sucked all of the fun out of you guys. Maybe it's not too late though...Step into the green light, Carol-Ann!

The big question is do they go out on top or ride Brady and BB back down the basement

Seem to have gone all in this year

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    The big question is do they go out on top or ride Brady and BB back down the basement

Seem to have gone all in this year
    The Pats go all in every year. It seems to be working.

Banned
    Kraft and Goodell at it again.....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    The Pats go all in every year. It seems to be working.
    Yeah they went all in on the receiver position, and defense every year. That's why they've won the more SBs than any other team this decade.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    While the black helicopter crowd yelling about the Patriots' schedule over in that thread may be a bit over the top, here's news about a league investigation into the Patriots on injury reporting to which the outcome will surprise...well...nobody.

As I read it, they manipulate the injury list to put Spikes on IR improperly but no fault was found. Unlike the scheduling stuff, this one feels more suspicous to me. I'm sure all relevant materials used in the investigation are being destroyed to 'save space in the NYC office'.
    Kraft has Patdell wrapped around his finger...

The premier teams always get the breaks, as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post

OMG! You think they manipulated the injury list and put Spikes on IR improperly?!? Wow!!! Those dirty bastards.

Both players that cried to the league were injured with the exact injuries that were reported. There's no denying that. The fact that the Ex-Jet-Employee-In-Chief ruled in the Pats favor should tell you something.

Meanwhile, the Jets break a rule and it simply gets ignored, or some poor schmuck taking orders from above loses his career instead.

It helps to have friends in high places.
    Last edited by Pats1960; 04-25-2014 at 07:24 PM.

**** the rules. Cheat 2 win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Kraft has Patdell wrapped around his finger...
    With all of the ridiculous things I've read about Goodell, that one has to top the cake. The guy got his first job in the NFL as an employee of the Jets. If he's favoring anyone it's the team in green.
    Last edited by Pats1960; 04-25-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    **** the rules. Cheat 2 win.
    If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    With all of the ridiculous things I've read about Goodell, that one has to top the cake. The guy got his first job in the NFL as an employee of the Jets. If he's favoring anyone it's the team in green.
    You are a tool

The spin on Goodell being a Jet employee is exactly that, spin and denial by dumbass Pats fans that ignore the obvious.

Use you f'ing brains. TWO players admitted that they were screwing with the injury reports and still they're cleared? What would it take, a written, signed, and notarized confession from Belichick and Kraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You are a tool

The spin on Goodell being a Jet employee is exactly that, spin and denial by dumbass Pats fans that ignore the obvious.
    Pats fans are in serious denial because they know Brady's window is closing and they haven't won squat since being caught cheating.

They are slipping back to mediocrity with nothing to show for it but an asterisk.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Use you f'ing brains. TWO players admitted that they were screwing with the injury reports and still they're cleared? What would it take, a written, signed, and notarized confession from Belichick and Kraft?
    This is like saying that George Steinbrenner admitted that Dave Winfield looted the Winfield Foundation.

Gotta love the detailed explanation given by the NFL.

I mean, I just really don't care what goes on with the Patriots anymore. I'm more concentrated on the Jets rebuild than I am on whatever NE happens to be doing/not be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

I mean, I just really don't care what goes on with the Patriots anymore. I'm more concentrated on the Jets rebuild than I am on whatever NE happens to be doing/not be doing.
    That's like putting your head up your ass. It's much, much harder to win the division when one of the teams in it continues to cheat with a wink from the NFL. I'd go as far as to say that had the Patriots been playing fairly for the last decade, we might have a few SB's. If they were in the other conference, or at least another division, I could care a bit less, but what they do directly affects our chances.