Thread: Jordan Matthews

Jordan Matthews

What am I missing here?...I don't see what it is that's keeping him from the conversation at 18 with Cooks,Beckham and Lee.

I see no discernible weakness and a ton of upside.If you want Keenan Allen but bigger,faster and without the injury history then Matthews is the guy.

thoughts

He does play a little stiff. No where near the upside of Allen or Benjerman and not the sexy play maker Cook or Odell is. I agree I like him as a #2 but you dont take a WR in the 1st unless you think he will be a pro bowl guy. I dont see him as that.

Matthews is perhaps my favorite WR in this class. He's the total package, size, speed, (huge) hands...
    His game reminds me of his uncle Jerry Rice in how he attacks the ball. He does not slow up to catch the ball (ala Hill). That's one of the things that made Rice so great.

They say he outworks everyone too (another Rice trait)

He's going to be a great pro... I'm in the minority, but as a pro prospect, I prefer him to OBJ, Lee and Cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Matthews is perhaps my favorite WR in this class. He's the total package, size, speed, (huge) hands...
    His game reminds me of his uncle Jerry Rice in how he attacks the ball. He does not slow up to catch the ball (ala Hill). That's one of the things that made Rice so great.

He's going to be a great pro... I'm in the minority, but as a pro prospect, I prefer him to OBJ, Lee and Cook.
    i'm finding at hard not to completely agree with you

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post

The way this draft will probably evolve, you can get them both. The problem with this is you signed Decker and Mathews and Decker are the same receiver.

That was one of my mock draft moves. Trade back with the 49ers for #30 & get their #56 pick.
    Draft Mathews at #30.
    Would still have #49, #56, #80, #104
    That would be my dream scenario on draft day!

Practice Squad
    this was already discussed... started by brick tamland... i would like him at 18 but its lookin like he'll fall to round 2

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    What am I missing here?...I don't see what it is that's keeping him from the conversation at 18 with Cooks,Beckham and Lee.

I see no discernible weakness and a ton of upside.If you want Keenan Allen but bigger,faster and without the injury history then Matthews is the guy.

thoughts
    I feel the same way about Allen from Penn State.

All League
    I'm a big fan as well. The good thing is if we don't go WR in the 1st, he probably will be available with our 2nd round pick.

All League
    He's going to be a better pro than where he gets drafted. I think he doesn't score as high on some teams charts because he lacks the explosive speed that Cooks and Watkins have. He does have really good hands though and would be more than ok if the Jets traded down and picked him up in the bottom of the first or top of the second. To me he's on par with OBJ having a slight edge because of speed. Good post though dude.