Thread: Injured with upside

Injured with upside

With all those extra picks in the late rounds, who are the guys flying under the radar coming off injury? CB Aaron Colvin is well known but Jets had Dexter McDougle from Maryland in last week who sat out most of the year following shoulder surgery. Any others coming off injury who will be value picks?

Dominique Easley DT Florida

Zach Mettenburg (3rd round) and Brandon Thomas (fourth round) are two guys I would be looking at if they are still there.

All Pro
    Spencer Long, OG, Nebraska as a 6th or 7th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Spencer Long, OG, Nebraska as a 6th or 7th round pick.
    Whats the story with this guy? 3 year starter, seems like a great value coming off the injury - can IR him if necessary and he seems like the type of player that could be our starting RG in 2015?

All League
    Aaron Murray (Georgia)
    Brandon Thomas (Clemson)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Whats the story with this guy? 3 year starter, seems like a great value coming off the injury - can IR him if necessary and he seems like the type of player that could be our starting RG in 2015?
    I agree with you. I see him as a potential 2015 starter as long as he is healthy. I am not sure how much of a concern the knee injury is to scouts, but if he is there in the 6th, I would love to see us grab him with one of our picks. That is teh beauty of having 12 picks - you can take a shot on a guy with upside that is ayear away from being able to contribute.