Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ha ha ha, I love when the Pats* don't learn their lesson

Ha ha ha, I love when the Pats* don't learn their lesson

They took a chance on Gronk and now he's perpetually rehabbing. He'll wash out of the league in another 3 years tops.

Now they draft a cripple in Easley. Yeah, the guy would have been a stud if he DIDN'T TEAR BOTH ACL'S. Belichick arrogantly thinking he's going to pull one over on the rest of the league and grab the guy nobody else would take a chance on. What's most interesting is the silence from the talking heads. If he was the the Jets' pick, people would be calling for Idzik's head.

Shhh don't jinx it

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Shhh don't jinx it
    I went to sleep last night after the Jets picked. Now seeing who the Pats wasted their pick on is giving me a boner.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I went to sleep last night after the Jets picked. Now seeing who the Pats wasted their pick on is giving me a boner.
    Pics or GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Pics or GTFO
    I'd rather not, this board will never see me the same way again.

Oh my god, this gets better every day!

I think Belichck is outsmarting himself. Garropolo will never see the field at least not anytime soon. I guess they don't want to pay Mallett. Brady is gonna hang around for another 4 yrs or so if he doesn't get injured. I guess the Pats are so good that they don't have any need for possible starters - or so they appear to think.

What are the experts saying about the pick? Or are they in a circle jerk already?
    Lord knows if Jets draft that dude, holy crap, bonehead move in Draft History.
    Lol.

You guys never learn.....

Wait for it

While the rest of the division has gotten better the Pats have not improved their roster through the draft. Makes for an interesting and hopeful season......Almost forgot they still have Brady.

The pig is ripe.

I'm calling it right now. The balance was already tipping in our favor once Idzik arrived, this draft is the final nail in the coffin. The New York Jets will win the division this year.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    They took a chance on Gronk and now he's perpetually rehabbing. He'll wash out of the league in another 3 years tops.
    Yup, Pats should have grabbed Vlad in that round like the Jets did.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Yup, Pats should have grabbed Vlad in that round like the Jets did.
    The GM that picked Ducasse is spending his days fishing. The "GM" that took Gronk is still making terrible personnel decisions for your team. See the difference?

I hope he doesn't turn out to be as good as Gronkowski did. Health issues aside, he's a dominant player.

All League
    My god is Ray posting with another user name? Pats fans have been hearing that "I'm calling it, the balance of power is tipping" for 10 years now. It never gets old though.

That being said, I couldn't be more pissed at yesterday's lack of draft picks by my team. I actually liked the first round pick, even though it comes with a risk. If healthy, Easly is as good an interior pass rush threat as there was in this draft. To get one that late in the first round was a gift. ACL's are like the new Tommy John surgery. Players are now coming back at full strength more and more. While a risk, its a reasonable one to get a player with the rare ability to pass rush from the interior of the line.

And that brings us to yesterday. ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I was so looking forward to coming away from Friday's picks with a TE and maybe some OL or LB depth. 2 guys who you'd expect to start in a couple of years. Instead I got a guy who is going to carry a clipboard for 3 years (at least), takes up a roster spot, and NEXT year will replace another Friday pick who will never play a significant snap as Patriot (Ryan Mallett)

Now I have nothing to look forward to but 7 picks who will all end up being camp fodder, all hoping to be the next Matthew Slater. I know one or 2 will work out, but what a waste of 2 top 100 picks in a deep draft. If Jet fans want to make fun of the Pats picks, they have every right to do so. Friday was very hard to justify. Friday every one of the Pats opponents got better. We didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    My god is Ray posting with another user name? Pats fans have been hearing that "I'm calling it, the balance of power is tipping" for 10 years now. It never gets old though.

That being said, I couldn't be more pissed at yesterday's lack of draft picks by my team. I actually liked the first round pick, even though it comes with a risk. If healthy, Easly is as good an interior pass rush threat as there was in this draft. To get one that late in the first round was a gift. ACL's are like the new Tommy John surgery. Players are now coming back at full strength more and more. While a risk, its a reasonable one to get a player with the rare ability to pass rush from the interior of the line.

And that brings us to yesterday. ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I was so looking forward to coming away from Friday's picks with a TE and maybe some OL or LB depth. 2 guys who you'd expect to start in a couple of years. Instead I got a guy who is going to carry a clipboard for 3 years (at least), takes up a roster spot, and NEXT year will replace another Friday pick who will never play a significant snap as Patriot (Ryan Mallett)

Now I have nothing to look forward to but 7 picks who will all end up being camp fodder, all hoping to be the next Matthew Slater. I know one or 2 will work out, but what a waste of 2 top 100 picks in a deep draft. If Jet fans want to make fun of the Pats picks, they have every right to do so. Friday was very hard to justify. Friday every one of the Pats opponents got better. We didn't.
    Shut up, chowd! Oh, wait, that was actually a pretty reasonable post. Carry on.

Banned
    HA HA HA, I love when Jets fan don't learn their lesson.