Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ha ha ha, I love when the Pats* don't learn their lesson

This one says seCond most but excludes the Brady draft http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...t-grades/2419/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    My god is Ray posting with another user name? Pats fans have been hearing that "I'm calling it, the balance of power is tipping" for 10 years now. It never gets old though.

That being said, I couldn't be more pissed at yesterday's lack of draft picks by my team. I actually liked the first round pick, even though it comes with a risk. If healthy, Easly is as good an interior pass rush threat as there was in this draft. To get one that late in the first round was a gift. ACL's are like the new Tommy John surgery. Players are now coming back at full strength more and more. While a risk, its a reasonable one to get a player with the rare ability to pass rush from the interior of the line.

And that brings us to yesterday. ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I was so looking forward to coming away from Friday's picks with a TE and maybe some OL or LB depth. 2 guys who you'd expect to start in a couple of years. Instead I got a guy who is going to carry a clipboard for 3 years (at least), takes up a roster spot, and NEXT year will replace another Friday pick who will never play a significant snap as Patriot (Ryan Mallett)

Now I have nothing to look forward to but 7 picks who will all end up being camp fodder, all hoping to be the next Matthew Slater. I know one or 2 will work out, but what a waste of 2 top 100 picks in a deep draft. If Jet fans want to make fun of the Pats picks, they have every right to do so. Friday was very hard to justify. Friday every one of the Pats opponents got better. We didn't.
    Belecheat has gotten very old, he won his championships with ex jets and gifts like Rodney Harrison, and
    Parcells drafts.

He also cheated to win his championships and he is human scum, I think possibly they could have beaten Phili without
    cheating, but I'm not sure because it was a 3 point game in the end, the man has nothing to be proud of, the game
    will be better without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    And he may. But you can't dismiss the fact that the pick was pretty much made because you don't want to pay Mallett, and you very easily could have been helping your HOF QB who's about to play out his final 2-3 years of his career. If Garopollo is not your starter and GOOD when Tammy retires then that was an absolutely horrid pick.
    Belichick discussed the QB issue in his presser today, saying he never wants to "suck for Luck":

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 1m
    BB went on to say that Patriots would never want to build their team in a way that would lead to 1-15 season because of no viable QB option.
    It's a QB-driven league, and last season doesn't change that. You better have one, and if yours is expiring, you better be looking for another. Most fans, Jets and Pats alike, would say, eff that, stack your team with your HoF QB and then suck for as long as it takes (if only one season) to get your next HoFer. It's pretty easy to understand and sounds great on paper, but that's not how real NFL front offices work. And no, the Colts didn't have a master plan for Luck... at least not right away.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 05-11-2014 at 02:49 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Intellifan View Post
    Belecheat has gotten very old, he won his championships with ex jets and gifts like Rodney Harrison, and
    Parcells drafts.

He also cheated to win his championships and he is human scum, I think possibly they could have beaten Phili without
    cheating, but I'm not sure because it was a 3 point game in the end, the man has nothing to be proud of, the game
    will be better without him.
    Spot on 100%

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I went to sleep last night after the Jets picked. Now seeing who the Pats wasted their pick on is giving me a boner.
    I watched a rerun of Gilligan's Island last night and Ginger gave me a boner..

I was pleased with the draft but didn't get a boner..

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    I think Belichck is outsmarting himself. Garropolo will never see the field at least not anytime soon. I guess they don't want to pay Mallett. Brady is gonna hang around for another 4 yrs or so if he doesn't get injured. I guess the Pats are so good that they don't have any need for possible starters - or so they appear to think.
    It was a confusing pick.. what does bb care about the post Brady Pats?? Is he gonna hang around another ten years.?.. all indications were that they were going for it this year.. sort of a one last stand with Brady before they enter salary cap hell.. I thought for certain they would grab a top wr.. players that can start right away..

Their draft surprised me.. maybe Kraft forced a hand and really liked the qb.. and wants to make sure they have a guy in place..

A good player with damaged wheels and a qb that won't take a snap this season is a head scratcher..
    Last edited by GetaLife; 05-11-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Silly peasants.... Patriots* draft REFS, not college kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Until I see them play, I like every pick the Pats make. It would be hilarious if Garopollo ended up being the real deal. I think's it's unwise to just dismiss the kid.
    I don't think he will be dismissed.. but that is a huge shadow.. obviously they met with him and saw something they loved.. as much as the pats have had good success the past decade plus.. all teams do suck at one point or another.. most of your fan base were not even there fifteen years ago.. the Frigging team had to be saved from moving to L.A... then Connecticut.. Gillette should be called "The House that Brady Built"..

It is fine to make fun of JETS fans who suffered their whole life waiting for a Lombardi trophy.. but it is much easier to be a fan when you jump on board a winning program with a hof qb in 2001...

Oh yeah, ya cheated..

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    It was a confusing pick.. what does bb care about the post Brady Pats?
    Belichick cares because he knows that spygate has had an impact on his legacy and that arguments can be made that Brady was the reason for his success. We can argue all day on how big a deal the video taping was but the fact that people still talk about it means that it is a stain on his career. He'll never erase it, obviously, but 2 SB visits and 2 more AFCCG games since then matters but not like a Lombardi.

I have no doubt he's going to coach for at least a few years after Brady to put more distance between him and spygate and to try to win without #12.

Also there's nothing about what the Pats have done that screams 'all in'. They're drafting and building up rookies like Dobson, Collins, Ryan, etc, not trading those picks to try to bring in Desean Jackson or Stevie Johnson w/ renegotiated backloaded contracts or something. Denver is playing more of a win-now game than New England.

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Belichick cares because he knows that spygate has had an impact on his legacy and that arguments can be made that Brady was the reason for his success. We can argue all day on how big a deal the video taping was but the fact that people still talk about it means that it is a stain on his career. He'll never erase it, obviously, but 2 SB visits and 2 more AFCCG games since then matters but not like a Lombardi.

I have no doubt he's going to coach for at least a few years after Brady to put more distance between him and spygate and to try to win without #12.

Also there's nothing about what the Pats have done that screams 'all in'. They're drafting and building up rookies like Dobson, Collins, Ryan, etc, not trading those picks to try to bring in Desean Jackson or Stevie Johnson w/ renegotiated backloaded contracts or something. Denver is playing more of a win-now game than New England.
    BB is a desperate guy ... and I do buy your theory about winning without Brady.. but I think it is more about winning without cheating.. that almost perfect season was going to be the ultimate f.u. to the league and to division rivals.. Their fans would have had that forever.

If they won that super bowl belichick might be retired right now.. or might have at least taken a year off to recharge and take over another team..

I honestly think they will have to drag him away unless he wins a legite one.. I see the same thing with Brady which is why I am surprised they didn't draft a starter..and also why I think Kraft got involved..

The Broncos are clearly going for it all.. manning is retiring .. I get it... the pats are all in but playing it safe (which compromises it)..one year contracts.. reworking deals.. I get it... my question is what happens next season if they happen to be 8-8 this season.. do they break down the franchise less Brady and belichick??

I honestly think they will have to drag him away unless he wins a legite one
    I agree. I can't remember a time where a player on the team who had an opportunity to tie or break a record wasn't given a chance to do that. I think Belichick, whatever you think of him, is a student and follower of the game of football and understands what a legacy is all about and what his currently is. If he wins another Super Bowl he's proven he can win post-spygate. If he wins another super bowl without Brady he's proven he can win post-spygate and without Brady. Which is why I think they drafted a QB in the 2nd and were rumored to be interested in Bortles if he fell to #29. I don't think Belichick's ready to pack it in.

my question is what happens next season if they happen to be 8-8 this season.. do they break down the franchise less Brady and belichick??
    I don't really understand, are you saying that Belichick is an 8-8 season from being fired? I think the Kraft family would let him stay for at least another decade until he started wandering the sidelines and pooping his pants like Paterno did that one time.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    The pig is ripe.
    One more post and you hit 50,000 posts on an opposing teams message board! Congrats! I mean it's beyond sad, but keep up the good work.

NE is a all in. Brady's window (and therefore their franchise's relevance) is closing.

Hall Of Fame
    Looks like Bellichicken is setting up Pats* future for ultimate disaster after he and Brady ride off to hell.
    It's the only way to try to salvage his reputation... "Well, look how horrible the Pats* turned as soon as Bellichoke left! He's the bestest!"

Ahh, the good ol glory days, amirite?

I don't really understand, are you saying that Belichick is an 8-8 season from being fired? I think the Kraft family would let him stay for at least another decade until he started wandering the sidelines and pooping his pants like Paterno did that one time.
    No.. that is not what I meant.. being that they are seemingly going for it makes me wonder how they would handle a mediocre season.. no doubt bb would stay.. but it would be an interesting scenario considering they win the Frigging division every year..

Yeah, bb emotions and intentions are obvious.. he sees himself the way I and you see him and he has to change that.. and I don't doubt he will die trying unless he changes that perception.. although if he somehow won it this year I can see him not bothering with the new qb and taking time off.. but the post Brady passion might be as strong..

Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    I will say one thing. I did envy the Pats drafts BEFORE BB took over the operation. Ever since you trade down and reach for picks that never turn out to live up too their potential. It won't hurt you as long as Brady has a decent offense and you continue to put young bodies in defensive positions. But it WILL catch up with you guys. Also, I hate you guys and i hope your stadium burns down.
    The Pats have been picking at the end of every round in almost every year Belichick has been here, and yet the team has won a higher percentage of games than any team in history during that time.

Rookie
    The Pats have been picking at the end of every round in almost every year Belichick has been here, and yet the team has won a higher percentage of games than any team in history during that time.
    What a circus!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    BB is a desperate guy ... and I do buy your theory about winning without Brady.. but I think it is more about winning without cheating.. that almost perfect season was going to be the ultimate f.u. to the league and to division rivals.. Their fans would have had that forever.

If they won that super bowl belichick might be retired right now.. or might have at least taken a year off to recharge and take over another team..

I honestly think they will have to drag him away unless he wins a legite one.. I see the same thing with Brady which is why I am surprised they didn't draft a starter..and also why I think Kraft got involved..

The Broncos are clearly going for it all.. manning is retiring .. I get it... the pats are all in but playing it safe (which compromises it)..one year contracts.. reworking deals.. I get it... my question is what happens next season if they happen to be 8-8 this season.. do they break down the franchise less Brady and belichick??
    That's a difficult question without knowing the circumstances, but I have a feeling that Belichick will be going out on his own terms and it won't be for many years. Brady has only a couple or few years left. Then we may see the start of the Garopollo era.

It seems to me that anyone who wants to call the Pats cheaters would have a case if they're talking about 2007. That was when they broke the ex-Jet/Commish's memo that made taping from the wrong place illegal. Prior to that time it was an accepted practice.

Krafty is smart enough to stay out of the football decisions now.

All Pro
    Little Bill lucked into the best QB in the NFL, but hasn't been able to win a SB for 10 years.
    Sorry bud, but that man needs to hire a real GM.

All League
    download (1).jpg
    congrats?