View Poll Results: Did you like the pick of Dexter McDougle in the 3rd?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

69 57.98%
  • No

50 42.02%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Do you like the Jets 3rd Round pick?" Poll

JetsInsider.com Legend

The Official "Do you like the Jets 3rd Round pick?" Poll

Poll coming.

This should be a doozy!

Veteran
    Think he will be worth it in the long run. Or he may get hurt again. Who knows.

I really think he will be a good player but they could have probably got him in a later round. Obviously they thought another team might pick him so they scooped him up.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    As we all know you don't really "know until you know" about a draft pick with some experts saying it takes at least 2 seasons, possibly 3 in the case of a developmental type prospect.

But in the interest of instant prognostication, I just think this is a classic boom or bust pick. McDougle could either be the best or worst pick of the draft for us. The Jets CLEARLY left other CBs on the board, ignored a couple of WRs who were worth a 3rd round pick, and ignored a few decent OLine and LB prospects. They did all this to take Dexter McDougle. So, I have to trust that serious homework was done on this guy and Idzik did not think he would be available in the 4th round.

If he's healthy and if they coach him up a little McDougle does sound like the type of guy who could really contribute as a decent speedy CB.

We'll see. By far, this is the most dubious pick in Idzik's two years in my opinion. But I'll bite my tongue until it's proven to be a wasted pick.

There are guys who have spent their entire careers scouting, coaching and evaluating football talent and they undoubtedly spent hundreds of man-hours reviewing McDougle. I'll trust their decision that the risk/reward profile works to take him in that spot.

Practice Squad
    Do,we,have,other,needs,YES.

Was,CB,a,major,need.YES

Do,I,like,the,player,selected,HELLYES.

More,I,look,into,McDougle,the,more,he,reminds,me,o f,an,AaronGlenn/RayMickens,hybrid.

You should have added a 3rd option and 4th option "Not sure but cautiously optimistic" and "Not sure but seems like a bad move".

Btw, I don't think health will be a problem for McDougle. He broke his collarbone. Its rare for that type of injury to occur twice in a career.
    Last edited by houyx; 05-10-2014 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    You should have added a 3rd option and 4th option "Not sure but cautiously optimistic" and "Not sure but seems like a bad move".

Btw, I don't think health will be a problem for McDougle. He broke his collarbone. Its rare for that type of injury to occur twice in a career.
    Also, that collarbone will grow back stronger than before it was broke. That wat bone breaks do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Also, that collarbone will grow back stronger than before it was broke. That wat bone breaks do.
    Dude, you are delusional. Where do you come up with this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Dude, you are delusional. Where do you come up with this stuff.
    It's a matter of fact bro.
    The calcium forms at the area of the breaks like cement and grows stronger. It's medical. Science.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    Do,we,have,other,needs,YES.

Was,CB,a,major,need.YES

Do,I,like,the,player,selected,HELLYES.

More,I,look,into,McDougle,the,more,he,reminds,me,o f,an,AaronGlenn/RayMickens,hybrid.
    Is,your,spacebar,broken?

And i like this pick a lot more now that I watched his highlight vid!

DAYUM! Some very nice plays. Nasty. People are gonna be crying that the Jets are too mean soon! Hell yeah!
    We're gonna beat you the f down!

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Is,your,spacebar,broken?
    he,just,high

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    he,just,high

All Pro

Should have added good player but taken to early.

All League
    I just pressed a fart.

Crapped out.

JetsInsider.com Legend

That makes it too easy.

Idzik wasn't allowed to "kinda draft McDougle." He had to either take him or not. Same here, you either agree with the pick or you don't. I think we're all cautiously optimistic but worried it could be a wasted pick.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Should have added good player but taken to early.
    Vote "No" in your case. You don't think it was the right spot to take that player.

the poll question should be "do you know the third round pick?"

Its McDuggle Time!

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Is,your,spacebar,broken?
    lol