Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We choose very early tomorrow, my guess is...

Jets Insider VIP

We choose very early tomorrow, my guess is...

Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post

agreed! they had him in 4 a visit....also like ldamien washington

Here are some guys still on the board that I would like to see us take tomorrow:

Jackson Jeffcoat, OLB
    Good body length and size-speed ratio. Flashes some quickness and shock in his hands to swat and control blockers. Football smart. Solid instincts and overall sack production. Has NFL pedigree. Has a 36-inch vertical jump and recorded a 6.97-second 3-cone drill, second-best among defensive lineman at the combine.

Jordan Zumwalt, ILB
    Very competitive with a fiery, on-field temperament. Explosive hitter. Throws his body around recklessly and times up the blitz well (disruptive presence). Is around the ball a lot. Very good football intelligence -- lines up teammates and makes adjustments. Versatile and has played all linebacker positions and contributed as a fullback in short-yardage situations. Defensive tone-setter -- has a love for the game and it shows. Plays big on big stages -- capped his career with co-MVP effort in the Sun Bowl vs. Virginia Tech, when he knocked Logan Thomas unconscious and returned an interception 43 yards.

Zach Mettenberger, QB
    Exceptional size. Outstanding arm strength -- spins it with velocity and can make all the throws. Can drill the deep out and fit it into a tight window across the field throwing to his left. Ran an NFL-style offense under coordinator Cam Cameron and learned how to become more of a leader as a senior.

Arthur Lynch, TE
    Good size. Functional short-to-intermediate target. Can adjust to throws and extend to catch. Strong and competitive after the catch. Willing to engage and compete as an in-line blocker. Has special-teams experience. Hardworking and football smart. Tough and durable. Team captain.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT
    Looks the part with outstanding upper-body strength and massive quads. Stout anchor in pass protection. Violent shock in his punch. Plays with a nasty temperament and seeks to bury defenders into the ground. Aggressive run blocker -- runs his feet on contact and plays beyond the whistle. Is physically and mentally tough and will play through pain (fought through a torn left labrum injury as a senior and never took himself out of a game or missed time). Highly intelligent (in medical program) and football smart. Can take concepts from the board to the field.

Dontae Johnson, CB
    Good height, balance and athleticism. Can run with tight ends in coverage. Zone aware. Efficient plant-and-drive. Has a 38 1/2-inch vertical jump. Sets a hard edge in run support -- works to get off blocks, throws his weight around and tackles aggressively. Has played safety, cornerback, nickel and special teams. Smart and hardworking.

Jeff Janis, WR
    Exceptional measurables and leaping ability -- will test through the roof. Accelerates into routes quickly and can separate vertically and uncover underneath working short-to-intermediate zones. Terrific production -- carves up lesser competition and creates chunk plays. Good red-zone target. Exceptional work ethic. Outstanding football character. Very passionate about the game. Has a 37 1/2-inch vertical jump, posted a 3.98-second 20-yard shuttle (fourth-best among receivers) and a 6.64-second 3-cone time.

Colt Lyerla, TE
    Good athlete. Fluid route runner. Very good body control. Adjusts easily to the ball. Can create in the open field with very good run skills. Natural hands. Good catching radius. Functional blocker with enough playing strength to sustain. Highly competitive and determined to prove critics wrong. Is smart and hardworking. Recorded a 39-inch vertical jump to pace all tight ends at the combine.

A.C. Leonard, TE
    Releases quickly into routes. Relatively loose athlete with nice balance. Good speed to stretch the seam and separate on crossers. Soft hands -- can extend to catch off his frame. Shakes tacklers and creates yards after the catch. Flashes mismatch and playmaking ability. Lined up all over

Austin Franklin WR New Mexico St
    Accelerates smoothly off the line and chews up ground with long strides. Sinks his hips and is sudden out of breaks to create separation. Slippery underneath. Quick, soft hands to catch off his frame. Catches in stride. Has springs to elevate and highpoint. Creates after the catch and turns short throws into long gains -- darts upfield quickly, dances past tacklers in space and shows long speed. Has experience covering kicks.
    Last edited by James Hasty; 05-10-2014 at 11:02 AM.

jackson jeffcoat OLB

Hall Of Fame
    Rex prob knows about the Clemson kid well.

Veteran
    Colt Lyerla left the Oregon team last year and was caught doing cocaine then went to rehab. He's a reach. No earlier than 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    Colt Lyerla left the Oregon team last year and was caught doing cocaine then went to rehab. He's a reach. No earlier than 6th.
    I was thinking we should use one of our sixth round comp picks on him if he is still there.

Throw something at Dallas or the Texans and get a CB.

I hope the Jets pick D'Anthony Thomas with their last 4th round pick (if he's still available). If he doesn't fumble the ball a lot, I think he's a playmaker at the next level.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post
    I was thinking we should use one of our sixth round comp picks on him if he is still there.
    DEF do that in the 6th! Just as long as it was really cocaine and not meth. That meth is damn near impossible to kick. They always relapse.

Practice Squad
    Targets/Day3
    WR-Bruce Ellington
    WR-Mike Davis
    G-Jon Halapio
    WR-Jared Abbrederis
    FB- Trey Millard
    WR-L'Damian Washington
    OT-Cornelius Lucas
    G-Anthony Steen
    WR-Shaquille Evans
    WR-Martavis Bryant
    OT-James Hurst

Snag,some,of,these,guys,and,will,be,happy.

Ellington,right,now,is,my,1st,pick,in,round,4.

Also,we,need,a,blocking,TE,at,some,point,which,I,d on't,know,much,about.As,long,as,we,get,someone,Im, happy,can,find,that,guy,in,round,6or7.Hopefully,un less,a,real,stud,blocking,TE,is,out,there.

2-3,WRs,would,seem,ideal.

Jeffcoat is my #1 and hope we get Mike Davis later on..and yes I am a biased Longhorn fan

I saw one scouting report where the most approximate pro player to Martavis Bryant was, no joke, Stephen Hill. Bad sign.

I wouldn't mind Lache Seastrunk tomorrow, but it's a bit of a luxury pick.

Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    Targets/Day3
    WR-Bruce Ellington
    WR-Mike Davis
    G-Jon Halapio
    WR-Jared Abbrederis
    FB- Trey Millard
    WR-L'Damian Washington
    OT-Cornelius Lucas
    G-Anthony Steen
    WR-Shaquille Evans
    WR-Martavis Bryant
    OT-James Hurst

Snag,some,of,these,guys,and,will,be,happy.

Ellington,right,now,is,my,1st,pick,in,round,4.

Also,we,need,a,blocking,TE,at,some,point,which,I,d on't,know,much,about.As,long,as,we,get,someone,Im, happy,can,find,that,guy,in,round,6or7.Hopefully,un less,a,real,stud,blocking,TE,is,out,there.

2-3,WRs,would,seem,ideal.
    Are you typing on an Atari gamepad?

We're going with Jared Abbrederis. Might even trade up for him.

Bryant is not a good football player. At all.

All Pro

That would be a good value pick....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Reasonable man View Post
    We're going with Jared Abbrederis. Might even trade up for him.
    your sig

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    I saw one scouting report where the most approximate pro player to Martavis Bryant was, no joke, Stephen Hill. Bad sign.

I wouldn't mind Lache Seastrunk tomorrow, but it's a bit of a luxury pick.

Yea I don't see us drafting him. His highlight reel doesn't show him as a guy who will go over the middle and go up and snag a ball, everything lands right in his breadbasket. Add to that the fact that Sammy Watkins was on the field at the same time.
    Similar downsides to Hill, I think the Jets avoid.

Veteran
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...n-40-yard-dash

Janis/Abbrederis/Ellington/Coleman over Bryant... Bryant is a body-catcher.
    Last edited by bigalbarracuda; 05-10-2014 at 01:01 AM.