Thread: Mettenberger?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Mettenberger?

If this kid's available in the 4th, I think you gotta take a look. Too much raw talent at QB to ignore, especially with Geno a question mark, Vick a 1 year rental and Simms with no shot of ever being the man.

Flame away.

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    If this kid's available in the 4th, I think you gotta take a look. Too much raw talent at QB to ignore, especially with Geno a question mark, Vick a 1 year rental and Simms with no shot of ever being the man.

Flame away.
    So what?

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post

Flame away.
    Nothing to argue with you about.

I think he has the most raw talent of any QB in this years draft. I saw many LSU games and saw him whip bullets into the tightest of windows against the best Defenses in the Nation (SEC).

There's the knee and now there is some failed test result. I don't care.

No-brainer...take him with one of the 3 4's they have.

His arm puts Blake Bortles arm to Shame.

Veteran
    Team has too many other needs to waste a pick for a non-guaranteed starter, if he falls to Mr. Irrelevant then maybe. If we suck so bad next year that we need a new starter, draft Marcus Mariota.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    Team has too many other needs to waste a pick for a non-guaranteed starter, if he falls to Mr. Irrelevant then maybe. If we suck so bad next year that we need a new starter, draft Marcus Mariota.
    They're not going to "suck so bad". That stat from last year 7-1 record when scoring just 20+ points is very telling. If anyone is Mr. Irrelevant it should be Mariota. He can't play in the Pros. Mettenberger is worth a gamble with 1 of the 4's.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Team has too many other needs to waste a pick for a non-guaranteed starter,
    Agree to disagree. Outside of any WR we draft (and perhaps not even there), no pick we make from here on out is a "guaranteed starter." The most important spot on the team is still a huge question mark, and there's a potential stud available after pick 100, when we still have more than a half dozen picks left.

It makes sense for the Jets (who dont has a solid #1 qb) to draft one vs. the Pats and they took a guy in rd. 2 who will never see the field...

We made a mistake in the past of never backing up the Sanchez pick for 5 years, it won't happen again.

Mettenberger would be a great 4th round guy to take a chance on IMO.

He's related to Roethlisberger (berger) so he has to be good, right?

I'd rather have Savage but WR, OL, LB, and CB are more important than QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    If we go QB, I'd rather take McCarron.

Doesn't have the same upside as Mettenberger but his floor is unquestionably higher.

Has zero character concerns and his wife is hot

I think Mettenberger would be a great pick in the 4th

All Pro
    If I am going QB in the 4th, I would go Savage before Mettenberger. Both guys have huge arms and a lot of natural passing talent.

At best you hope he will have a good career as a BU. Sorry but the 2nd knee injury just killed his stock. He may have been the best QB prospect in this draft but physically he may be done. Someone will take him 5th round and IR him I dont think we are in that mix right now.