Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No WR in first 3 rounds means Jets must sign back Santonio Holmes.

No WR in first 3 rounds means Jets must sign back Santonio Holmes.

Seriously who is the starting WR opposite Decker? Kerley is the slot WR and don't tell me they go with the failed Stephen Hill experiment again.

Bring back Braylon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsbb View Post
    Seriously who is the starting WR opposite Decker? Kerley is the slot WR and don't tell me they go with the failed Stephen Hill experiment again.
    Absolutely not. I'm b*tching, complaining, and pretty much breaking down in another thread because we took no WR's and I want NOTHING to do with Santonio Holmes and his "me-first attitude" ever again.

All Pro
    If it was just about football and injuries then fine....but it's not

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Oh yes, Holmes will come back and we'll put his locker right next to Darrelle Revis.

We're moving forward....not backward.

Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    If it was just about football and injuries then fine....but it's not
    They need to sign a veteran receiver to start opposite Decker. No way you can go into the season with either Nelson or Hill slated as your starting outside receiver.

They need to sign a veteran receiver to start opposite Decker. No way you can go into the season with either Nelson or Hill slated as your starting outside receiver.
    Face it. Their draft strategy has shown us that this is EXACTLY what they intend on doing.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Face it. Their draft strategy has shown us that this is EXACTLY what they intend on doing.
    Dude. Do you have anything positive to say? Ever? I'm a Trail Blazers fan and I'm not as one note as you.

All Pro
    Jeff Janis - mikeyz6

Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    Dude. Do you have anything positive to say? Ever? I'm a Trail Blazers fan and I'm not as one note as you.
    I do. Go through my post history and you will find plenty of positive things I have posted. Pretty recently too considering that this is the most activity I've had in months. What did I say that was wrong. A starting caliber wide receiver isn't going to just fall out of the sky. When it comes to Wide Receiver they're going with the same mentality you mentioned in the draft thread: "There's always next year".

this whole draft so far makes no sense. Careful all the experts here will deride you for not believing in rex and el cheapo idzik.

David Nelson is fine, not to be a feature #1 WR, but as a 2 across from an Eric Decker and with Kerley in the slot, he is more than capable of making the catches we need him to make.

And hey maybe Hill, who was a 2nd round pick, will show some promise finally. Jacoby Ford could also shine, finally getting out of that mess in Oakland. That's a pretty good 4th and 5th WR depth chart.

Cumby and Amaro are the best TE duo we'll have had in a long, long time.
    Ivory, Chris Johnson, and Powell is one of the better RB tandems in the league now.

We have enough weapons to win now, I am sure of that. The defense is young but very good, has been upgraded with Pryor.

My question is can we protect Geno enough to develop him, or is he going to be running for his life? I am praying that we can find some big bullies in the next few rounds that will give us a strong o-line for years to come. It's not exciting stuff during the draft, but without it you don't win.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street View Post
    David Nelson is fine, not to be a feature #1 WR, but as a 2 across from an Eric Decker and with Kerley in the slot, he is more than capable of making the catches we need him to make.

And hey maybe Hill, who was a 2nd round pick, will show some promise finally. Jacoby Ford could also shine, finally getting out of that mess in Oakland. That's a pretty good 4th and 5th WR depth chart.

Ivory, Chris Johnson, and Powell is one of the better RB tandems in the league now.

We have enough weapons to win now, I am sure of that. The defense is young but very good, has been upgraded with Pryor.

My question is can we protect Geno enough to develop him, or is he going to be running for his life? I am praying that we can find some big bullies in the next few rounds that will give us a strong o-line for years to come. It's not exciting stuff during the draft, but without it you don't win.

Jeez. Is that our offensive lineup? Really? Outside of RB and TE, we're hurting.

You telling me David Nelson is a better WR than Santonio Holmes?

Would have rather went harder at DeSean Jackson.

All Pro
    Sometimes I hate the internet.

The issue with Holmes is not talent.

Veteran
    The problem with signing WR free agents is to find ones that are 'hungry.' Maybe it is just the position, but so many
    are either fruitcakes or not interested in giving it their all. I think it is a disease.

I think this is spot on.

Pretty much every move made in free agency was to improve the passing offense, including the CJ signing. We have much better depth across the board than last year and, hopefully, we won't be plagued with injuries like in 2013. With the addition of Amaro, WR might not even be a draft priority at this point.

I could also see us trading a pick tomorrow for a veteran WR rather than taking a developmental prospect.

No but I'd rather have Nelson than Holmes right now.

Have you watched Jet games the past few seasons? Yes he's extremely talented, but there's a reason that most of the Jet fanbase was happy to see him go, and a reason he was cut.

Every year it's the same thing around here, we need a top WR prospect. And as soon as the draft ends nobody even remembers 75% of those guys. It's way too much of a crapshoot. Any receiver, aside from Watkins, is a coin-flip as to whether they will be a stud or dud. So flip a coin, or lock down the #1 safety. No brainer. And that's why I am so excited for the Amaro pick. He can and will make an impact from the get go. You can line him up out wide, keep him home to run block, or send him across the middle.