Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61

Thread: Idzik tried to trade up to 38... for Marquise Lee...!

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    3rd round pick could have been had in round 5. Certainly with one of the round 4 picks. A stupid reach. No excuses for that blunder. None.
    So you talked to the other 31 GM's huh?

  2. #42
    I think Lee and Amaro have equal potential to help the team

    Round 3 is the big question mark

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,716
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    Yes I've been told that already.
    So what part don't you get?
    Did you want to sacrifice the future for a slightly better year this year, or did you think Doesn't Really Care was worth long term top cb money?

  4. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portlandia, OR
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    3rd round pick could have been had in round 5. Certainly with one of the round 4 picks. A stupid reach. No excuses for that blunder. None.

    You do realize that General Managers are human right. We hold them to ridiculous standards but they have a learning process just like the rest of us.

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Your bedroom window
    Posts
    13,549
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Bottom line to all of this speculation is how these picks translated to wins and losses. Personally I will go with our GM and his staff. I would remind everyone what the majority reaction was when Richardson was taken last year, how did that work out. Also as far as addressing the WR issue, there is still a
    second round out FA who will become available soon enough that may fill that need.
    Who is that??

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,716
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    We wouldn't have had one with Marquise Lee either.

    I prefer Amaro. Bigger need, more talented player.
    Amaro is a better slot receiver than Lee, and his presence makes whoever plays outside better.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I don't think anyone could mistake me for a Kool Aid drinker. Truth is I like some of the things he has done and I don't like some of the things he has done. I would prefer we have a #1 WR and a veteran/proven CB on the roster although I think getting a #1 WR this year was much easier said than done. We got the best FA WR and sometimes the way the draft breaks does not allow you to get who you want. I don't consider Lee a #1. I think he can be a very good #2. Another thing I don't like about Idzik is that it seems he is getting a reputation for being stubborn. I fear we have gone from one extreme to the other. Tanny blew with the wind and Idzik is looking like a bolder. Nobody is saying he has to sacrifice his principles but I think flexibility is a virtue. Just have to know when and when not to be. He still gets the benefit of the doubt for now though b.c this is his real first year with picks and cap space.
    I have to shake my head when I hear people on here complain about a lack of a #1 receiver. Eric Decker is not a #1 receiver? Decker is 6'3, 214 lbs and runs a 4.4, he has over 1000 yds receiving the last two years. If that's not a #1 receiver, what is? If that's the case, then there are only a handful of #1 receivers on the league, much like a handful of elite QB's, which means that getting a #1 receiver is next to impossible. So please tell me how the hell the Jets were supposed to get a #1 receiver? By the standards set above (which seems to be the consensus of many on this board), the only true #1 WR in the draft was Watkins, and it trading up for him would have cost too much. No #1 (again, according you guys criteria) would have been there at 18. So again, how the hell were the Jets supposed to get a #1 receiver according to your standards? Answer that question before criticizing the team. As for me, I believe we already have a #1 receiver, and his name is Eric Decker.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Who is that??
    Maybe he refers to USS McDuggle a new breed of littoral Football professional. Low to the ground and designed to counter-swarm; he is equipped for aerial defense and assault. Though he didn't get as many opportunities to play wide out in college he was given a verbal commitment to play at least 30 snaps a game at slot receiver by Marty Morningweg who more-or-less convinced Idzik to draft USS McDuggle.

  9. #49
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Your bedroom window
    Posts
    13,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Reasonable man View Post
    Maybe he refers to USS McDuggle a new breed of littoral Football professional. Low to the ground and designed to counter-swarm; he is equipped for aerial defense and assault. Though he didn't get as many opportunities to play wide out in college he was given a verbal commitment to play at least 30 snaps a game at slot receiver by Marty Morningweg who more-or-less convinced Idzik to draft USS McDuggle.
    Ha, really, I am wondering who he's talking about that's gonna get released.

  10. #50
    I would have been extremely disappointed if we didn't get either Lee or Amaro, but we needed a TE as badly as a WR anyway. I give Idzik credit. He's patient and patience is a virtue.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    I would have been extremely disappointed if we didn't get either Lee or Amaro, but we needed a TE as badly as a WR anyway. I give Idzik credit. He's patient and patience is a virtue.
    We don't need positions we need WINNERS. Like McDuggle.

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,401
    As someone pointed out last night on NFL Network, Idzik has a way of finding stars in the later rounds. Not worried at all.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    I have to shake my head when I hear people on here complain about a lack of a #1 receiver. Eric Decker is not a #1 receiver? Decker is 6'3, 214 lbs and runs a 4.4, he has over 1000 yds receiving the last two years. If that's not a #1 receiver, what is? If that's the case, then there are only a handful of #1 receivers on the league, much like a handful of elite QB's, which means that getting a #1 receiver is next to impossible. So please tell me how the hell the Jets were supposed to get a #1 receiver? By the standards set above (which seems to be the consensus of many on this board), the only true #1 WR in the draft was Watkins, and it trading up for him would have cost too much. No #1 (again, according you guys criteria) would have been there at 18. So again, how the hell were the Jets supposed to get a #1 receiver according to your standards? Answer that question before criticizing the team. As for me, I believe we already have a #1 receiver, and his name is Eric Decker.
    Amen! Ok so you are a DB facing the 2014 Jets and they have a third and goal from the 8 and they have CJ in the backfield with Cumberland as a TE and Kerley and Decker as the wideouts and they have one more player running into the huddle. Who are you more worried about Amaro or Lee? That's a big no brainer! Amaro is a big time pick up so lets stop this big need for a number 1 WR when we have all the weapons we need. I'd rather have Decker than any WR in this stacked draft!!! He is proven already !!!

  14. #54
    I'm happy with the Amaro pick.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    Maybe I just don't understand the strategy here, but we had a ****load of cap space and 12 picks and a clear, absolutely clear need for a number 1 receiver. And here we are on day three and still without one. All I hear is how smart this guy is. All that leverage and so far an underwhelming free agency and draft. I guess I just don't understand, or refuse to drink the kool aid some of you are gulping down.
    i understand where you are coming from with this,the ultra patient approach is frustrating to watch because it requires, well patience and after 44 years I can understand that you feel you've been patient enough.There are elements to the approach of Idzik I really like and I'm willing to buy into it,we will only really see how effective it is in the next 12 to 18 months but I'm not gonn lie, I'd love to see him add a bit of judicious aggresion to his repertoire and pick the right moment to pull the surprise bold moves...maybe that will come but for now it looks like the legal-highs of the Tannenbaum approach where we were the NFL front office equivalent of a Mississippi riverboat gambler appear long gone,an approach by the way that did result in two AFC Championship games....FWIW I enjoyed that time hugely but also bemoaned the downside that was ending up with only 3 total picks in an entire draft,I guess you can't have it all ways.

  16. #56
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,403
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    Yes. I haven't understood for 44 years.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    I have to shake my head when I hear people on here complain about a lack of a #1 receiver. Eric Decker is not a #1 receiver? Decker is 6'3, 214 lbs and runs a 4.4, he has over 1000 yds receiving the last two years. If that's not a #1 receiver, what is? If that's the case, then there are only a handful of #1 receivers on the league, much like a handful of elite QB's, which means that getting a #1 receiver is next to impossible. So please tell me how the hell the Jets were supposed to get a #1 receiver? By the standards set above (which seems to be the consensus of many on this board), the only true #1 WR in the draft was Watkins, and it trading up for him would have cost too much. No #1 (again, according you guys criteria) would have been there at 18. So again, how the hell were the Jets supposed to get a #1 receiver according to your standards? Answer that question before criticizing the team. As for me, I believe we already have a #1 receiver, and his name is Eric Decker.

    Good post I never get this obsession with No1 or No3 this and that...I just want another talented player added to the roster that opposing teams will have to account for....I'd just like another WR added to the mix somewhere in this draft and was hoping for a guy like Josh Huff in the 3rd...my bigger concern is who's going to rush the passer from OLB this year.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    Amen! Ok so you are a DB facing the 2014 Jets and they have a third and goal from the 8 and they have CJ in the backfield with Cumberland as a TE and Kerley and Decker as the wideouts and they have one more player running into the huddle. Who are you more worried about Amaro or Lee? That's a big no brainer! Amaro is a big time pick up so lets stop this big need for a number 1 WR when we have all the weapons we need. I'd rather have Decker than any WR in this stacked draft!!! He is proven already !!!
    not disagreeing with you but Lee would've been a threat on 3rd down from our 8

  19. #59
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,783
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    I have to shake my head when I hear people on here complain about a lack of a #1 receiver. Eric Decker is not a #1 receiver? Decker is 6'3, 214 lbs and runs a 4.4, he has over 1000 yds receiving the last two years. If that's not a #1 receiver, what is? If that's the case, then there are only a handful of #1 receivers on the league, much like a handful of elite QB's, which means that getting a #1 receiver is next to impossible. So please tell me how the hell the Jets were supposed to get a #1 receiver? By the standards set above (which seems to be the consensus of many on this board), the only true #1 WR in the draft was Watkins, and it trading up for him would have cost too much. No #1 (again, according you guys criteria) would have been there at 18. So again, how the hell were the Jets supposed to get a #1 receiver according to your standards? Answer that question before criticizing the team. As for me, I believe we already have a #1 receiver, and his name is Eric Decker.
    Which is why I said it is easier said than done and that we might end up not getting the opportunity to acquire one. I know they don't grow on trees. Please read the entire post before you criticize.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Which is why I said it is easier said than done and that we might end up not getting the opportunity to acquire one. I know they don't grow on trees. Please read the entire post before you criticize.
    I did read the entire post, and responded accordingly. Thing is, it takes a balanced team, good in pretty much all areas, to win a SB. I myself am not worried about the Jets finding a #1 receiver in the draft b/c we already have one in Decker. Kerley can absolutely start on the outside, he's done so already. Last year he started 12 games, the team was 8-4. I'm happy as hell about the Amaro pick, he's gonna make things so much easier for everybody else. We finally have talent on Offense and a coach who can knows how to use them. I expect the offense to be much better this coming season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us