Thread: too bad we did not sign d jackson

too bad we did not sign d jackson

if we had picked up d jackson a proven playmaker with speed I would really like this team-the glaring hole at wr still exists and decker although a nice pick up will be blanketed by faster number one corners every game-thankfully the pats cant stop the run and CJ and Ivory should be able to run on them all day

I like the pick up of what I hope is a quality TE

3rd round pick was a reach and by all accounts nobody had him as BPA or close to it-that is the pick I had hoped we went WR or traded up some and then selected a second tier WR

clearly the "plan" will probably need a year 3 unless we get really lucky and find a needle in a haystack for our WR

All Pro
    Let him rot in DC...

Quote Originally Posted by ememnj View Post
    if we had picked up d jackson a proven playmaker with speed I would really like this team-the glaring hole at wr still exists and decker although a nice pick up will be blanketed by faster number one corners every game-thankfully the pats cant stop the run and CJ and Ivory should be able to run on them all day

3rd round pick was a reach and by all accounts nobody had him as BPA or close to it-that is the pick I had hoped we went WR or traded up some and then selected a second tier WR

clearly the "plan" will probably need a year 3 unless we get really lucky and find a needle in a haystack for our WR
    We can wait. We weren't winning SB this year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    We can wait. We weren't winning SB this year anyway.
    Completely absolutely untrue.

You're a SOJF. You really don't think the jets have a shot at the Super Bowl this year? What honestly makes you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet_The_Man View Post
    Completely absolutely untrue.

You're a SOJF. You really don't think the jets have a shot at the Super Bowl this year? What honestly makes you think that?
    I don't think we are good enough yet. I'm farthest thing from SOJF. You don't hear me complaining about anything other than idiot posters. I'm accepting the plan that Idzik has for Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    I don't think we are good enough yet. I'm farthest thing from SOJF. You don't hear me complaining about anything other than idiot posters. I'm accepting the plan that Idzik has for Jets.
    If we get another legit playmaker on offense, the only team I can see I giving us trouble in the AFC is Denver. If we make the playoffs, which we should, we can make some noise. Give Rex enough prep time to gameplan against a qb and we have a legit shot to beat just about anybody.

If we get another legit playmaker on offense, the only team I can see I giving us trouble in the AFC is Denver. If we make the playoffs, which we should, we can make some noise. Give Rex enough prep time to gameplan against a qb and we have a legit shot to beat just about anybody.
    I definitely just want to get into playoffs because I know Rex can do well. I just don't think SB is in the cards this season. I hope I am wrong.

All Pro
    We see a pattern developing.
    Idzik only takes people that hate to get beaten, and play through the whistle.
    I call it a high "want to" factor.

Jets Insider VIP
    Then why does Rex have one of the worst W-L records coming off a bye week?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Then why does Rex have one of the worst W-L records coming off a bye week?
    Because Rex treats the bye week as a vacation rather than a game planning period. One of his biggest flaws as a coach.

However, when Rex takes game planning seriously, he can pull seemingly impossible wins out of his ass. It's the weirdest thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Because Rex treats the bye week as a vacation rather than a game planning period. One of his biggest flaws as a coach.

However, when Rex takes game planning seriously, he can pull seemingly impossible wins out of his ass. It's the weirdest thing.
    If that's true, then Rex Ryan should not be a head coach in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by ememnj View Post

I think they think they just did.