Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Day Draft Thread

See Michael Sam as a possibility with one of our sixes. Sheldon was a college roommate. Tuck it away

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Sounds good. So far Idzik is addressing many of our needs.
    Yup. Another special teamer with upside. Mcgauhey has got to be loving this draft. i will be interested in getting Westhoff's take on Jet Nation tonight.

And now we have the inevitable Michael Sam bullshyt
    I just think it would fit. He was 5-6 round talent and gets more press then Manziel. I am normally more in these small school guys but after years of hyping them and seeing them do nothing I dont even bother watching them anymore. Not sure who Dixon is at all.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I just think it would fit. He was 5-6 round talent and gets more press then Manziel. I am normally more in these small school guys but after years of hyping them and seeing them do nothing I dont even bother watching them anymore. Not sure who Dixon is at all.
    He's a 4-3 DE who had a 25" vert. Pass

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Yup. Another special teamer with upside. Mcgauhey has got to be loving this draft. i will be interested in getting Westhoff's take on Jet Nation tonight.
    You have a link for that?

Our specials should be light years ahead this year as compared to last year and we still have a lot of picks left.

He's a 4-3 DE who had a 25" vert. Pass
    He also ran slower than guys who weigh 50-80lbs more than him.

All Pro
    You have a link for that?
    No, I get SNY with my cable package.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    No, I get SNY with my cable package.
    Don't get SNY, but I think Westy might consider coming out of retirement with this draft class so far.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyjet View Post
    See Michael Sam as a possibility with one of our sixes. Sheldon was a college roommate. Tuck it away
    Poor choice of words.

Veteran
    Congrats Paradis.....didn't know you were eligible.

All Pro
    It's no big deal. Just gonna go hike the ball to manning

check ya later suckas!

All League
    I'd like to see the Jets take Brandon Coleman with one of these picks. I like him more than the 2 WRs they drafted so far.

All Pro
    Jets getting a lot of love from NFLN. Giving Jets an A for their draft so far.

Charles Davis and Daniel Jeramiah love our draft.

All Pro
    Quincy Enunwa. Guy looked like a stud when he was killing my Georgia Dawgs in the Gator Bowl this year.

I watched him before. It's not a bad pick, but I wasn't very impressed with him. It's going to be fun watching our WRs fight for a spot in camp.

Scouting report on IK Enemkpali:

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Sports a broad, thick core with long arms. Good initial quickness off the snap and surprises opponents with his explosive initial punch to generate separation. Holds up better than you'd think in the running game because of his power and use of leverage. Uses his hands well, showing a nice over-arm swim move as well as a club to keep tackles' hands off his chest. Locates the football quickly and pursues with passion, keeping his head up to avoid the trash and taking an efficient angle. Some experience as stand-up rusher, showing at least fair balance and fluidity. Good core strength and balance to sprawl to avoid cut-blocks. WEAKNESSES: Obvious size limitations and does not possess ideal straight-line speed to project easily to other positions. Takes proper angles to the football in pursuit but is too easily out-run to the perimeter and downfield. Makes too many of his tackles yards downfield, at times taking steps back to free himself from blockers and then making the emphatic tackle... after a five-yard gain. COMPARES TO: Eric Norwood, Carolina Panthers -- Norwood was a terrific player at South Carolina but the 6-1, 260-pounder proved at 'tweener in the NFL and was released after two seasons with the Carolina Panthers and now plays with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL. Enemkpali (like Norwood) plays with the grit and physicality that every coach will appreciate but the lack of height and speed are going to be tough to overcome. --Rob Rang
    PLAYER OVERVIEW

With massive teammate Justin Ellis (6-2, 342) earning much of the attention at Louisiana Tech, Enemkpali (pronounced IN-em-PALL-ee) didn't receive nearly as much fanfare as his game deserved. Given that he lacks the length scouts prefer, it is entirely possible that this underrating of his talents could extend through the 2014 NFL draft, as well. Enemkpali is the more consistent of the two former Bulldogs, however, racking up 126.5 tackles over his four starting seasons at Louisiana Tech, including 33 tackles for loss and 17.5 sacks. For his efforts Enemkpali was named to the First Team All-WAC squad after each of the past two seasons. While short, Enemkpali certainly isn't small nor does he play a finesse brand of football. Considering the toughness with which he plays, in fact, some clubs could project him at linebacker or perhaps even to fullback.

Really upset we didnt take Van Der Camp

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post

I watched him before. It's not a bad pick, but I wasn't very impressed with him. It's going to be fun watching our WRs fight for a spot in camp.
    Another team captain