Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shaq Evans...

Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post
    Show of hands, who likes out second fourth rounder better than our first fourth rounder?

This pick I like (I had a couple guys rated higher but not a bad pick for this spot).

Using the other pick on a 165 lb player that may not be able to stay on the field, I just don't get.
    Every analyst on both ESPN and NFL LOVED the Saunders pick and Mayock said he is one of the most physical and durable WRs in the draft. Plus in the MM offense, he can be used in many roles: 3rd down back, receiver out of the backfield, slot, outside field stretcher, screen guy. He will have plays designed for him. Plus he is supposed to be the best PR in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Every analyst on both ESPN and NFL LOVED the Saunders pick and Mayock said he is one of the most physical and durable WRs in the draft. Plus in the MM offense, he can be used in many roles: 3rd down back, receiver out of the backfield, slot, outside field stretcher, screen guy. He will have plays designed for him. Plus he is supposed to be the best PR in the draft.
    So if you had to choose, do you like Sanders or Evans better?

Personally, I think Evans was the better pick for us in round four.

The more I think about it I think Evan could end up the #2 on this team. Big target fits our needs pretty well and fits the O. I like the pick a lot even though I had higher rated WRs on my list. Nelson needs to look out for this kid he could very well steal his job in camp.

I liked the Evans pick better as a receiver, but Saunders is more than just a receiver. He is a RB, WR PR and possibly kick returner. That is a lot of potential value.

All Pro
    To me Saunders and Evans as many have said already have different skillsets and roles. Saunders is a quick, shifty Slot guy who is one of those guys who has quick feet, can turn a Screen into a good gain and who can really work well on inside Plays. Evans is a big, prototypical outside Receiver. I have seen a few UCLA games last year and while many consider him a top prospect in the future Hundley is a QB who didn't do much to help Evans' stock. With a better QB Evans could have easily put up better numbers. I think he can be a solid outside Receiver in the pros, hope he can earn a spot and challenge guys like Nelson for playing time...

For what its worth, Evans got his 40 down to 4.4 at his pro day (from the 4.5 sited a lot at the combine that seems to be drawing some concern).

http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/03/14/anth...uclas-pro-day/

Jets Insider VIP

Me too.

Evans is more well-rounded with fewer deficiencies. He may not be a burner or the best at any one thing, but he has the higher "floor" as they say. Saunders is a good pick but he certainly has that one little thing against him. "Little" being the operative word. And check out the Grades on WRs taken according to NFL.com. Look at the crowd of names right above and below Evans...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    June 2013
    Which is Evans? Blue shorts or black?

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think Evans will emerge as the game one starter opposite Decker.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Which is Evans? Blue shorts or black?
    Shaq Evans is more built/ripped & darker.
    Black shorts.
    Last edited by DowNY; 05-11-2014 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckkieB View Post
    I think Evans will emerge as the game one starter opposite Decker.
    Definitely a WR in the mold of Dez Bryant.

FATE.
    Shaq Evans was apart of INGLEWOOD JETS as a kid.