Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I Think Stephen Hill Is Done Here; And Kudos for Idzik

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Package Hill and Kyle Wilson. They do not make enough plays.
    But both are good players that can help the team. Package them for what Orton or Gordon to sit?

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I think Evans is a lot like Nelson though. Not a burner, good size and seems reliable. He's like a Jerricho Cotchery type who won't light it up but will run a good route and catch a ball thrown to him. In that regard, it may come down to Nelson losing a spot to Evans but I'm not sure.

Hill still enamors people....and for good reason. But his two big problems - drops and injuries, still seem to be problems. Camp will be very, very interesting. Hill should come in healthy (checking off one box) but will need to stay healthy. Then it will come down to how he performs in Camp. If he shows that the "light bulb is finally going on", minimizes the drops and comes into camp with more professionalism and reliability, then I don't see the Jets cutting him.
    Evans is fast. He can break a big one at any time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Evans is fast. He can break a big one at any time.
    All I've heard is how great he is. I honestly don't know a ton about him but I've heard he has size, speed, hands, etc.....so I'm wondering why he lasted so long? What was the one knock on him that pushed him down behind guys like John Brown, Josh Huff, Saunders and Ellington???

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    But both are good players that can help the team. Package them for what Orton or Gordon to sit?
    Wilson has 3 career picks and Hill has too many drops. If they are both good players let them play elsewhere. Trade them for next years draft picks.

Wilson has 3 career picks and Hill has too many drops. If they are both good players let them play elsewhere. Trade them for next years draft picks.
    Hill dropped one ball last season according to STATS Inc. so I'm not sure what you're talking about. You're seeing things that aren't real it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Hill dropped one ball last season according to STATS Inc. so I'm not sure what you're talking about. You're seeing things that aren't real it seems.
    What about both years? Smh

I really was psyched when Hill was drafted, incredible measurables, unfortunately not a football player. He gets manhandled by corners 50 pounds lighter and 6 inches shorter at the LOS; never even gets into his route. Hope he can turn it around.

If you've noticed, Idzik only drafts football players.

He improve greatly last year some just dont like him because they still want us to draft Jeffery instead and cant let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    I really was psyched when Hill was drafted, incredible measurables, unfortunately not a football player. He gets manhandled by corners 50 pounds lighter and 6 inches shorter at the LOS; never even gets into his route. Hope he can turn it around.

If you've noticed, Idzik only drafts football players.
    There may be a team or two that thinks he can add value...better a year early than a year late. I think that with the draft and the FA we added (we STILL may add a veteran WR) they O has been upgraded from last season. Furthermore Geno has no real chemistry with Hill.

He is an inconsistent play maker at best. That is why the Jets went for hands over other things with these picks.
    Last edited by Jetdawgg; 05-10-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He improve greatly last year some just dont like him because they still want us to draft Jeffery instead and cant let it go.
    He was so useless he did not even dress for all of the games on a team in desperate need of WRs. WTF are you smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    He was so useless he did not even dress for all of the games on a team in desperate need of WRs. WTF are you smoking?
    He was hurt do you even watch games? 1st 5 games he looked really good.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7445/stephen-hill

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14910/stephen-hill

He does not even catch 50% of the balls thrown to him. SH is inconsistent at best. The Jets have improved the O enough this year where we can move on from him and not hurt the team. We are trying to win a SB soon and more drafts picks can assist that effort.

Stop hating on the kid. He's got good hands, he makes tough catches in traffic, he was a reliable target last season. He had trouble with a bum knee all year, couldn't run routes properly which is why we shut him down at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Wow, somebody get this guy a TV. Hill had a bum knee all year and was shut down at the end of the season. If you really think he's not good enough to dress up on a WR needy team you must be on some really good crack.

Stop hating on the kid. He's got good hands, he makes tough catches in traffic, he was a reliable target last season. He had trouble with a bum knee all year, couldn't run routes properly which is why we shut him down at the end.
    Not hating on him. We have no rings with him, we can have no rings without him. Get a draft pick, we have some WR's now

Hall Of Fame
    Wow, somebody get this guy a TV. Hill had a bum knee all year and was shut down at the end of the season. If you really think he's not good enough to dress up on a WR needy team you must be on some really good crack.
    \
    My TV is just fine. Hill was nonexistent last year and will likely be gone in a few months. You are the one on crack.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 05-11-2014 at 12:43 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Kerley will be a UFA after this season.

Don't be surprised if he signs an extension during the season, he is our most reliable WR.
    +1 Kerley is legit and needs to stay in Green and White

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

What about the wr from nebraska?? Im intrigued by him

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I think Evans is a lot like Nelson though.

Hill still enamors people....and for good reason. But his two big problems - drops and injuries, still seem to be problems. Camp will be very, very interesting. Hill should come in healthy (checking off one box) but will need to stay healthy. Then it will come down to how he performs in Camp. If he shows that the "light bulb is finally going on", minimizes the drops and comes into camp with more professionalism and reliability, then I don't see the Jets cutting him.
    From what I gather Shaq (atleast padless) is faster than Nelson. Had fastest 10 sec split at combine.

On Hill, Ive always wanted him to come good, but he just never looks comfortable. Even when he catches the ball, everything is awkward.

I Think Stephen Hill Is Done Here; And Kudos for Idzik

Stephen Hill looks like this trying to catch the ball...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk