Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I Think Stephen Hill Is Done Here; And Kudos for Idzik

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Why do you act like you know what you're talking about?
    just in a good mood b/c we got amaro.

All Pro
    All Idzik does is stress competition. I don't think anyone's job is safe except for Decker -- the best guys will make the team.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Teams don't cut 4th rounders after their 1st training camp, so we're currently at: Decker, Kerley, Saunders, and Evans.

I don't see us carrying more than 5 or 6 receivers, which leaves Hill, Nelson, and Ford competing for a max of 2 spots. Ford has far more value on special teams and Nelson is a far more reliable receiver. I think Hill would really need to show out in camp in order to make the team.

I think that Idzik really wanted one of Watkins, Evans, ODB, Cooks, Matthews, or Lee. Once they were all gone, he decided that instead of reaching for the next best guy, he would wait until later in the draft and then double dip at receiver. I've been more critical of Idzik than most, but I think his handling of this draft has been masterful. Whether the players pan out or not is a separate issue, but I've found the overall strategy to be without fault. Well done.
    um.. he passed on Cooks. He was there at 18. Saints traded up to 20 to get him. Suggest you revise your opinion accordingly.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    There not trading him but as I understand he is UFA this year .. Probably not planning to resign him cause shaq and Saunders are definitely slot types.
    You already have a good WR replaced by two mid round picks who we haven't seen play a down?

Why do people always underestimate this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    Idzik,had,Hill,rated,around,a,6th,round,pick,comin g,out,of,college.With,the,chances,he,has,been,give n,a,6th,rounder,would,have,been,baggin,groceries,b y,now.Pre,season,will,determine,if,he,stays,on,the ,squad.Right,now,a35%,chance.He,will,do,solid,in,c amp,as,usual,lets,see,how,he,does,after,he,takes,a ,big,lick.Rex,gonna,tell,Vick,to,lead,Hill,a,bit.
    Are...... you........ Bongo's......... cousin.......? well?,,,,,,,,,,,, are you?,,,,,,,

Idzik,had,Hill,rated,around,a,6th,round,pick,comin g,out,of,college.With,the,chances,he,has,been,give n,a,6th,rounder,would,have,been,baggin,groceries,b y,now.Pre,season,will,determine,if,he,stays,on,the ,squad.Right,now,a35%,chance.He,will,do,solid,in,c amp,as,usual,lets,see,how,he,does,after,he,takes,a ,big,lick.Rex,gonna,tell,Vick,to,lead,Hill,a,bit.
    Pls go to Start -> Control Panel, go into your keyboard settings and swap your "," key with your "space" key...

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Stephen Hill looks like this trying to catch the ball...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Lol

All League
    IMO Hill will be a Jet this year. Saunders makes Ford expendable.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    What are you basing this on? What makes you say that? He's had plenty of those catches and hits over the last 2 years, it didn't affect him one bit. His constant knee issues over the last 2 years have derailed both his seasons. He always starts out hot, then the knee issues begin, the swelling, he can't run full speed and cut and run crisp routes because of it and at the end, both times, we shut him down and put him on IR because of the knee.

I mean some people don't like him, they are disappointed with his production and don't look into why this and that happened, so they're frustrated with him as if he's not good enough to play and therefore they want him to fail and get cut. If they actually put some thought and research into this they'd feel differently. With an established passing game / QB and healthy knees (which is where he is right now) he will have a good year and make plenty of bigplays for us. Remember, last season a handful of bigplays were called back because of some BS flags and/or Geno underthrowing him on some long balls when he was wide open. When healthy and once Geno starts throwing the ball a little better and with more consistency Stephen is gonna make a lot of people in here eat some crow.
    Thanks man

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    easy there mate

Classic example of a crack-BACK block if you examine root cause.

Hill just isn't a very good receiver. Seems like a smart guy with a good attitude, but he just hasn't produced. That might be fine for a late round pick/UDFA, but we traded up to pick him in the second and we haven't gotten a return on our investment.

Tapping while talking

Veteran
    Cut Hill and be done with it.

He is a traded up for 2nd round draft pick. He is not here on scholarship. His inconsistent play is detrimental to the team. Trade him for a pick

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    He is a traded up for 2nd round draft pick. He is not here on scholarship. His inconsistent play is detrimental to the team. Trade him for a pick
    A conditional 7th? Because that's all the Jets would get for him, IMO. Barely worth the trouble. Either Hill demonstrates progress in training camp or he's cut. Idzik has no ties to him and it would seem that Rex has none either, given he said publicly that Hill was not his choice.

You guys are nuts. Stephen Hill is getting one more shot - and I hate Stephanie Hill as much as the rest of you.

Bewildered Beast
    comma,comma,comma,comma,, comedienne

Someone's on their period - I can't find any

Hill is probably the most important offensive piece this year. He looked MUCH better t the beggining of last year, with a rookie jooch that was not ready to start in the NFL. HEs the only one who can stretch the D significantly- 6'4 4.3 speed. Media leeks are dsigned to sway, as a result jooch fans react just as needed.

The dude just does not go down and hes one of the best blocking WRs in the league. IF the lights go On our Offense entirely changes, if they don't we do not take the next step, what do you think Management wants to happen by media leeks and added comp. THey want HIM to do what no one on this team can do. Wake up douches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-deAYMziEA

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Teams don't cut 4th rounders after their 1st training camp, so we're currently at: Decker, Kerley, Saunders, and Evans.

I don't see us carrying more than 5 or 6 receivers, which leaves Hill, Nelson, and Ford competing for a max of 2 spots. Ford has far more value on special teams and Nelson is a far more reliable receiver. I think Hill would really need to show out in camp in order to make the team.

I think that Idzik really wanted one of Watkins, Evans, ODB, Cooks, Matthews, or Lee. Once they were all gone, he decided that instead of reaching for the next best guy, he would wait until later in the draft and then double dip at receiver. I've been more critical of Idzik than most, but I think his handling of this draft has been masterful. Whether the players pan out or not is a separate issue, but I've found the overall strategy to be without fault. Well done.
    This is kind of how I felt after last season. You knew the Jets had to do something about the WR position and I figured Hill needs to show something in camp or hit the bricks. Too bad I really had high hopes for this guy when we drafted him. Lots of potential, just not living up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    Hill is probably the most important offensive piece this year. He looked MUCH better t the beggining of last year, with a rookie jooch that was not ready to start in the NFL. HEs the only one who can stretch the D significantly- 6'4 4.3 speed. Media leeks are dsigned to sway, as a result jooch fans react just as needed.

The dude just does not go down and hes one of the best blocking WRs in the league. IF the lights go On our Offense entirely changes, if they don't we do not take the next step, what do you think Management wants to happen by media leeks and added comp. THey want HIM to do what no one on this team can do. Wake up douches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-deAYMziEA