Thread: Who's the luckiest player in the draft?

Who's the luckiest player in the draft?

When cooks got drafted by NO i thought "man he's lucky". he has drew brees, an already good offense, the dome, average defense played in the division. Man how lucky can you get.

Then davonte adams went to aaron rogers another prolific offense and i was like "wow they get to play with top qbs, omg". Then lattimer to manning.

So i got to thinking about the other prospects and i can't help but think Pryor to us makes him one of the luckiest as well. NY spotlight, opening day starter, a defensive coach who loves his style. wow.

I guess you can say that about all the #1s but some just fit better and have the other pieces around them as well that'll help improve their game or take some pressure off.

Aaron Donald to st. louis is another. And garrapolo to NE is yet another.

Who do you think is the luckiest prospect so far?

Eric Ebron went to a pretty good spot for him with Stafford and that throw first offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden 2.0 View Post
    Eric Ebron went to a pretty good spot for him with Stafford and that throw first offense.
    Yeah i thought of him as well. A lot of competition though on that team for the ball and they had a lot of TE talent as well. His pick just didn't stand out for me as much as the others. but yeah him too.

Cooks and DaVante Adams will have Brees and Rodgers throwing to them. That's about as lucky as you can get.

Hall Of Fame
    Cooks, Latimer and Adams.

All League
    I agree on Cooks and Donald, for sure.

Also thought Darqueze Dennard was fortunate to go to Cinci - I think Marvin Lewis will help him be special.

And Calvin Pryor coming to Rex was also a perfect match of player style + scheme fit + need.

Teddy Bridgewater
    Team jumped back into 1st for him
    Beast RB
    No pressure since team not expected to compete at top level
    Developing WRs to grow with

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    I agree on Cooks and Donald, for sure.

Also thought Darqueze Dennard was fortunate to go to Cinci - I think Marvin Lewis will help him be special.

And Calvin Pryor coming to Rex was also a perfect match of player style + scheme fit + need.
    I thought of dennard as well but thought he might have more pressure on him. but you're right it is a good fit.

Calvin Pryor and Rex Ryan.

All Pro
    Clowney - won't be the opposing offense's main worry as they have to account for JJ Watt first and foremost.

Michael Sam -- he would have been a UDFA now he's immortal. It pays to be first sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Clowney - won't be the opposing offense's main worry as they have to account for JJ Watt first and foremost.
    That Houston D is going to be scary. You cant double both of those freaks

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Michael Sam -- he would have been a UDFA now he's immortal. It pays to be first sometimes
    Yeah. I was gonna say this.
    Also, he will not be allowed to be cut. For obvious reasons, unless you live in a cave, fvcking goats, in which case you need to get out of there and enter the 2015 draft!

All Pro
    Johnny Manziel.
    Just went to the best run organization in football, and doesn't have to worry about throwing to Josh Gordon.

All League
    Michael Sam going to a Jeff Fischer coached team. Fischer can and will control any issues by players or media.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocajetfan68 View Post
    Michael Sam going to a Jeff Fischer coached team. Fischer can and will control any issues by players or media.
    He can do it all. There is none better. Anywhere. Ever.

All Pro
    How about the Tampa Bay QB - whether its gonna be McCown or Glennon. Mike Evans & Austin Sefarian-Jenkins added to a roster that already included Vincent Jackson. Three huge 6'5" targets - plus Robert Herron who should be a good slot receiver. They got some serious weapons in Tampa.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceharper View Post
    When cooks got drafted by NO i thought "man he's lucky". he has drew brees, an already good offense, the dome, average defense played in the division. Man how lucky can you get.

Then davonte adams went to aaron rogers another prolific offense and i was like "wow they get to play with top qbs, omg". Then lattimer to manning.

So i got to thinking about the other prospects and i can't help but think Pryor to us makes him one of the luckiest as well. NY spotlight, opening day starter, a defensive coach who loves his style. wow.

I guess you can say that about all the #1s but some just fit better and have the other pieces around them as well that'll help improve their game or take some pressure off.

Aaron Donald to st. louis is another. And garrapolo to NE is yet another.

Who do you think is the luckiest prospect so far?
    Agree with you on Adams, Cooks and Donald -- good landing spots for all three. Not sure I would consider Garoppolo lucky. How lucky do you think Ryan Mallet feels, having completed 1 pass in three years in the NFL. Thats what Garappolo might be looking at. He may turn out to be a real good QB and might get a chance someday in New England, but I am not sure you would necessarily consider him lucky when the other top QBs will at least get a chance to compete for a job.