Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QUINCY ENUNWA

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

QUINCY ENUNWA

I love this pick! Awesome value! Finally a legit answer at WR.

Quincy Enunwa

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed great pick, productive WR.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Size, speed and a great blocker. Now we have blocking beef on the perimeter with Quincy and Decker. Love it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Zeppelin View Post
    Size, speed and a great blocker. Now we have blocking beef on the perimeter with Quincy and Decker. Love it.
    Think he takes Hill's spot? I don't know if we'll go in with 3 unproven rookies.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    From Draft Inisder

Quincy Enunwa
    School: Nebraska
    Position: WR
    Positive: Full-time starter the past two seasons, finishing his senior season with 51 receptions, 753 yards, and 12 TDs. Nice-sized receiver still rough around the edges. Displays a short burst of speed, plays with quickness, and works to make catches. Lays out for the difficult catch or gets up in a crowd and competes for the ball. Nicely adjusts to errant throws, takes a pounding then holds on to the ball. Sells routes, uses his frame to shield away defenders, and breaks tackles running after the catch.
    Negative: Does not cleanly catch the ball and lacks naturally soft hands. Does not show a sense of timing. Should get better results blocking downfield.
    Analysis: Enunwa comes with solid size and speed numbers and has flashed the ability to take control of games but shows little consistency in his play. He's a possession receiver with sneaky speed and a prospect who really needs to complete his game before he'll be NFL ready.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    These late rounds are where the gems are found. I really like this pick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JCappy View Post
    Think he takes Hill's spot? I don't know if we'll go in with 3 unproven rookies.
    Who knows, but he was a steal where we got him. He's a potential complete guy like Decker. Big tough receiver with speed and he can block. I bet we bust more chunk plays on the perimeter this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He should be a solid special teams player who potentially could be a number 3 or 4 receiver in time.

Nice pick

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This kid looks like a load to handle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this pick! Awesome value! Finally a legit answer at WR.

Quincy Enunwa
    Just got home from a meal with the missus and see we picked your guy, which made me smile.

He's got a chance to be a good player for us - good pick.

On another issue....wow that Tajh Boyd pick was a shocker, huh? None of us saw that one coming...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Just got home from a meal with the missus and see we picked your guy, which made me smile.

He's got a chance to be a good player for us - good pick.

On another issue....wow that Tajh Boyd pick was a shocker, huh? None of us saw that one coming...
    Yes, Coops. This one made me happy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got to see Quincy play in person 3 times this past year - we got a great pick!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Got to see Quincy play in person 3 times this past year - we got a great pick!
    Huge upside for where we took him and he has a chance to be a very complete player in time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All three WR's and Amaro are players who are perfect fits the WCO. Nice addressing a weak link. Jets had worst receiving corps in the NFL, I wouldn't mind if all the holdovers were gone. Eric Decker was a nice pickup but he won't put up half the numbers he put up with Peyton Manning.

Secondary was also a need that was filled with Rex Ryan type players. Love Pryor and both CB's will compete. Like the Dakota pick, he'll compete for a starting guard position, the weak link in the OL.

This was an 'Address the need' draft. it wasn't take the best player on the board draft. It was a take the best player that fit the scheme draft. I give it an 'A'.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love size speed freaks. Even if he doesn't contribute as a WR (I think he can), its always good to have great athletes on specials.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kid can't catch. He's not a natural catcher of the football.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice size on this guy. Much higher on him and Shaq than I am on Saunders.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Kid can't catch. He's not a natural catcher of the football.
    That's what I took from his write-up.

Completely seems to contradict some of the comments here, but definitely keeps me from blindly thinking he'll make the team . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    All three WR's and Amaro are players who are perfect fits the WCO. Nice addressing a weak link. Jets had worst receiving corps in the NFL, I wouldn't mind if all the holdovers were gone. Eric Decker was a nice pickup but he won't put up half the numbers he put up with Peyton Manning.

Secondary was also a need that was filled with Rex Ryan type players. Love Pryor and both CB's will compete. Like the Dakota pick, he'll compete for a starting guard position, the weak link in the OL.

This was an 'Address the need' draft. it wasn't take the best player on the board draft. It was a take the best player that fit the scheme draft. I give it an 'A'.
    Believe it or not, taking the best player to fit the system is the strategy in every draft. Need tends to be the focus of the first 2-3 rounds.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    That's what I took from his write-up.

Completely seems to contradict some of the comments here, but definitely keeps me from blindly thinking he'll make the team . . .
    He battles the ball a bit, but he gets it done. 12 scores for a Nebraska WR is pretty much unheard of.