Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tajh Boyd?

Veteran

Tajh Boyd?

I didn't do a lot of research on Taj Boyd, but how the heck did he fall so far? Just before the end of the college season
    I could swear he was forecast to go in the first three rounds. What happens? I mean what are his deficiencies?

All League
    Concerns about his big gambling debt is what i have seen. Just briefly looked at it

The guys on JetsNation said his accuracy was questionable and his receivers bailed him out. (Sammy Watkins). Said he was a great guy and he would wind up on the practice squad.

Too many small guys in this draft and his name wasnt Manziel. Talent wise he was about the better prospect over Manziel IMO. Not a lot of teams run his kind of game. He has issues throwing to the opposite field which ultimately was his big knock. Field vision and size are very concerning overall. Big arm, good accuracy, and faster on his feet then Johhny. If you look at the running QBs in this draft they all fell sense before the combine for more traditional. Either way Ill take him over Simms.

Hall Of Fame
    Free Safety.

All League
    He fell down the draft because he is not a NFL QB. By far our worst pick today.

Inconsistent and played in a gimmick offense with some very good weapons (Hopkins, Watkins mostly but Dwayne Allen and M Bryant as well at the college level)

Never liked him personally because he ran his mouth about SCAR and got his ass beat every time they played but he did have his moments in other games

Hope he turns into a Hall of Famer now

Very good college QB, but not sure that will translate to the pros. As a 6th round compensatory pick its a no brainer.

Wanted Boyd frm day 1 but ill take it on day 3..

He's Chris Johnson's replacement, didn't you hear?

Inconsistent player with questionable accuracy and decision making

I think he has all of the tools to be an NFL QB, strongest arm on the team, great 6th/7th round pick for development

Jets can probably keep him on the practice squad for a year or two unless he crushes the Eagles
    Last edited by Ohio State NY Jets fan; 05-10-2014 at 09:38 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    I didn't do a lot of research on Taj Boyd, but how the heck did he fall so far? Just before the end of the college season
    I could swear he was forecast to go in the first three rounds. What happens? I mean what are his deficiencies?
    He is terrible.

They should have taken G Gilbert if they wanted a QB at that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    He is terrible.

They should have taken G Gilbert if they wanted a QB at that spot.
    Why? Because he excelled in an offensive system that anyone could excel in? Gilbert was a train wreck for the Longhorns. After being benched for Case Mccoy (that's right Colt's significantly worse younger brother) and David Ash he ended up playing for June Jones who could make any QB look good.

Not suggesting that Boyd is better than Gilbert, but you're making it seem like it was a no-brainer to take Gilbert over Boyd. I disagree, I think they are both big time question marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Inconsistent player with questionable accuracy and decision making

I think he has all of the tools to be an NFL QB, strongest arm on the team, great 6th/7th round pick for development

Jets can probably keep him on the practice squad for a year or two unless he crushes the Eagles
    How did you get a copy of Sanchez's exit interview?

Hall Of Fame
    Rex told Tajh he would find a way to draft him and he did. This is was more of a "pay back" and a thank you to the Clemson program for allowing his son to walk on and be on the Clemson football team. Sort of like what Belichick did with some Rutgers players. Nobody should have any expectations of Boyd being anything more than a #3 QB, if that. Somebody has to play QB at rookie mini camp, might as well throw a bone to the Clemson program and have Tajh be that guy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rex told Tajh he would find a way to draft him and he did. This is was more of a "pay back" and a thank you to the Clemson program for allowing his son to walk on and be on the Clemson football team. Sort of like what Belichick did with some Rutgers players. Nobody should have any expectations of Boyd being anything more than a #3 QB, if that. Somebody has to play QB at rookie mini camp, might as well throw a bone to the Clemson program and have Tajh be that guy.
    What a great way too build a franchise in the deepest draft. We had a great haul today despite the Boyd pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Inconsistent and played in a gimmick offense with some very good weapons (Hopkins, Watkins mostly but Dwayne Allen and M Bryant as well at the college level)

Never liked him personally because he ran his mouth about SCAR and got his ass beat every time they played but he did have his moments in other games

Hope he turns into a Hall of Famer now
    It could have been worse, they could have drafted Connor Shaw.

Veteran

Funny. Why didn't he just pay the coaches. That's what they do the players. At least in the ACC.

All League
    It could have been worse, they could have drafted Connor Shaw.
    I would have preferred Shaw.....and that's saying a lot.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I would have preferred Shaw.....and that's saying a lot.
    If he wore Orange and White he probably would have been the pick.