Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tajh Boyd?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    He fell down the draft because he is not a NFL QB. By far our worst pick today.
    Sounded like a Rex pick to me. He's been talking him up ever since his son walked on at Clemson.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Agreed

I don't see him ever being a starter, but I think (if things go well, on both ends) he could turn out to be a good, longterm backup to Geno.

And if you can get a longterm backup with some nice physical tools at the backend of the 6th round...well, I can't really complain too much.
    True, it was a compensatory 6th round pick, those are the picks you roll the dice with. But if Tajh Boyd played for South Carolina he would not be a Jet right now.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The Clemson program, not his son.
    So they couldn't pick him in the 7th if that was the purpose?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    He was our 11th pick of 12, and the last in round 6, Boyd was not taken ahead of his value.

Hardly anything to complain about.
    I figured you would like it. Ever watch any tape on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    He is terrible.

They should have taken G Gilbert if they wanted a QB at that spot.
    Yup.

ummm, why are we discussing this as a bad pick? he was a compensatory 6th rounder!!! not a first, 2nd or even a 5th!!! of course you can take a flyer on him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by lauderdale jet View Post
    ummm, why are we discussing this as a bad pick? he was a compensatory 6th rounder!!! not a first, 2nd or even a 5th!!! of course you can take a flyer on him.
    Because every draft pick has value. Wasting it on Boyd.....I'd rather use the ticket wiping my hiney.

Practice Squad
    Tajh will make a good backup. He will be able to thrive in the WCO under MM. He'll benefit from being around Vick, Geno, MM and DLee. This is a good spot for him. I find it funny that people can't project him doing well here when he was successful doing pretty much the same kinds of things at Clemson. It's not like we took him at #1 and all this talk about other QB prospect who also ended up lasting just as long in the draft, is nuts. Why should we believe they'll be any better when they fell just as much in the draft? If the Jets felt as strong about Gilbert as those supporters they had a chance to take him if he was SOOOOO much better and a lock to be much better.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    So they couldn't pick him in the 7th if that was the purpose?

Maybe, but Rex told Tajh he was going to make sure he found a way to get him on his team, maybe they didn't want to risk someone taking a flier on him in the 7th.

It could have been worse, they could have drafted Connor Shaw.
    LOL I wouldn't have wanted that, too much of a conflict of interest for me....Felt bad that he didn't get drafted at all though....He threw won 1 INT all of last season and led the Gamecocks to 3 straight top 10 finishes but I guess he doesn't have ideal arm strength....He's definitely better than some of the guys drafted though, oh well

Tajh is an alright pick for that time as there is some upside but I really don't have high hopes.....maybe he surprises down the line

Veteran
    Maybe, but Rex told Tajh he was going to make sure he found a way to get him on his team, maybe they didn't want to risk someone taking a flier on him in the 7th.
    True, but from JI the guy wasn't even worth a flier..

If anything he could be the next PS sensation, alla Ratliff..

Last edited by JETFAN1; 05-11-2014 at 12:47 AM.

Veteran
    Politely disagree. He was a good college QB that has no chance as a NFL QB. Short, terrible accuracy, and a throwing motion worse than Tebow, as if that is even possible.

At this point he looks like our B/U wildcat QB.

Lol at the people saying it was a wasted pick. The entire 6th round is probably picked by interns or some office pool contest winner. These players mean nothing.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'm cautiously also hoping Goodson is further along than expected and is also considered to be in the mix.
    A pleasant thought.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    A pleasant thought.
    I just hope he doesn't suck like geno.

All League
    I could have SWORN that I recall hearing in either a random podcast/radio interview that some teams considered him as a possible TE conversion project.

I could be DEAD WRONG.

The way I see it, even if it is a gratuity to the Clemson program, the guy is an athlete and a football player. He could be that swiss army knife player we've always had in our offenses (Richie Anderson, Brad Smith).

With Boyd's size he can easily serve: Special Teams Gunner, #3 Emergency QB, 5th WR, Wildcat QB, H-Back, etc.

For a 6th round comp, we got a player who can serve multiple roles for our offense under MM. At this point in the draft, that's a pretty good return on the pick if he pans out.

Boyd will be our starter qb in 2016 possibly sooner. He takes care of the ball and will thrive in the west coast system.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    How did you get a copy of Sanchez's exit interview?
    LOL - was going to make a comparison to a Sanchez and Tebow love child but we know Tebow is still a virgin

Bibbs made it to UDFA status. He would have been a much better pick than Boyd, but maybe he can't run the wildcat.
    So what's your point? He's a UDFA - if the front office liked him they can still sign him. To have this passionate dislike for a 6th round comp. pick QB with a strong arm and a great athlete - it's just crazy to be upset about that pick.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbvvjets View Post
    Boyd will be our starter qb in 2016 possibly sooner. He takes care of the ball and will thrive in the west coast system.
    NFLN, Heath Evans believes he could start as early as this season......

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    I just hope he doesn't suck like geno.
    NO QB in this years draft could have done what Geno did last year with the poor talent around him; weak or uncoordinated OL; lack of experience under center; no training time with the bulk of his receivers. Geno threw one more pick then Sukchez did in his rookie season but Sucky had far superior talent; Geno threw for over 3000 yards as a rookie and is only the 13th QB to do that; had 4 come from behind wins and two wins on the road in tough places to win- Atlanta and Miami. Was he great? No but he did show talent and toughness. Yet some Jets fans want instant gratification and a pro bowl from GENO in his first year! BS.