Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Nice place for a 4 day getaway? Maybe Rhode Island?

  1. #1
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,487

    Nice place for a 4 day getaway? Maybe Rhode Island?

    I'm thinking about a nice little 4 day jaunt with the wife the first week of July, say the 1-5. Obviously this is during a very busy week, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. What's nice in Rhode Island? Or maybe LI? Any recommendations? I won't be needing a ride, possibly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,109
    July is a fine month to be in Detroit.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,531
    Newport, RI.


    North Fork, LI.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Your bedroom window
    Posts
    13,437
    There are a lot of fine sexy hoes in Providence RI.

    Also, there's a burger truck there that is absolute tits fire.

  5. #5
    Narragansett is a beach town right outside Newport, RI (about 20 minutes away). We go there every summer. breakfast, beach, drinks, lobster, repeat the next day.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,215
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Narragansett is a beach town right outside Newport, RI (about 20 minutes away). We go there every summer. breakfast, beach, drinks, lobster, repeat the next day.
    Yup, lived in RI for many years, Narragansett is awesome, hard to go wrong with most of Southern RI, other than Westerly, which is rich in finger-sniffing mouthbreathers (but does have Watch Hill)...very close to Foxwoods if you'd care to mix some gambling/casino time in with beach time...

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,557
    Newport is nice, but will be very crowded for the holiday weekend. Plus 4 days is probably too long a time there, it's small. 2 day trip is better. I suggest after Labor Day when its cheaper and less crowded. If you must go longer, above comments on Narragansett are good, plus Block Island is really chill.

  8. #8
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,098
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Narragansett is a beach town right outside Newport, RI (about 20 minutes away). We go there every summer. breakfast, beach, drinks, lobster, repeat the next day.
    second Narragansett, it's a short ride to Newport...my daughter is living there now as she gets ready to graduate URI. Rhode Island is great, also try the Inn at Castle Hill. It's probably short notice for this July but highly recommended

    http://www.castlehillinn.com/

  9. #9
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,098
    North Fork of LI also a good call however LI is crazy the week of the 4th

  10. #10
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,098
    ...of course you could do both RI and LI over 4 days, start at one and book the Ferry to New London (heading north) or Orient Point (back to LI) Stay at the Castle Inn in Newport http://www.castlehillinn.com/ and the North Fork Inn http://www.nofoti.com/ on LI, great meals both spots, or try the Jamesport Manor http://jamesportmanorinn.com/ hit the vineyards on LI, and watch the boats in RI, and throw in a nice cruise across the sound.

    Your wife will think you are brilliant.

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,194
    Have you been to Delaware? You can take the car ferry from Cape May to Lewes which is a nice quaint town on the water or drive to Rehoboth, Dewey (more of a party town) or Bethany.

    Rehoboth is a nice town to spend 4 days in. A fun (shlocky) boardwalk, good restaurants and enough bars including the Dogfish Head Brew Pub. Also only a mile away from Dewey for a little wilder time plus a great music venue - The Bottle and Cork.

    If you are interested at all, pm me and I'll give you a few options to stay.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I'm thinking about a nice little 4 day jaunt with the wife the first week of July, say the 1-5. Obviously this is during a very busy week, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. What's nice in Rhode Island? Or maybe LI? Any recommendations? I won't be needing a ride, possibly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Napa/San Francisco.. did it last summer....

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,194
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    ...of course you could do both RI and LI over 4 days, start at one and book the Ferry to New London (heading north) or Orient Point (back to LI) Stay at the Castle Inn in Newport http://www.castlehillinn.com/ and the North Fork Inn http://www.nofoti.com/ on LI, great meals both spots, or try the Jamesport Manor http://jamesportmanorinn.com/ hit the vineyards on LI, and watch the boats in RI, and throw in a nice cruise across the sound.

    Your wife will think you are brilliant.
    I am always a big proponent of Delaware, but this is a veteran move right here.

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,098
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I am always a big proponent of Delaware, but this is a veteran move right here.
    I had a great time in Rehoboth years ago, before I was married, but I have not been back in decades so I have no recommendations for there

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I had a great time in Rehoboth years ago, before I was married, but I have not been back in decades so I have no recommendations for there
    Yes, went there in college with some buddies. There may very well be a nice part but we did the party scene.

    I took the gf to the Hamptons (I'm not a regular, first time for both of us) last Memorial Day and we stayed at the Shearwater Inn, a nice B&B in East Quogue. Would recommend it as a peaceful retreat with a short drive to the beach if that's what you're looking for.

  16. #16
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan61 View Post
    Napa/San Francisco.. did it last summer....
    Did you stay in Napa and shoot over to San Fran or the opposite?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,487
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Have you been to Delaware? You can take the car ferry from Cape May to Lewes which is a nice quaint town on the water or drive to Rehoboth, Dewey (more of a party town) or Bethany.

    Rehoboth is a nice town to spend 4 days in. A fun (shlocky) boardwalk, good restaurants and enough bars including the Dogfish Head Brew Pub. Also only a mile away from Dewey for a little wilder time plus a great music venue - The Bottle and Cork.

    If you are interested at all, pm me and I'll give you a few options to stay.
    It sounds like Cape May. How is it different/worth the extra travel?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I'm thinking about a nice little 4 day jaunt with the wife the first week of July, say the 1-5. Obviously this is during a very busy week, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. What's nice in Rhode Island? Or maybe LI? Any recommendations? I won't be needing a ride, possibly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A ferry ride to an island is what you need. They love those little islands. Block island, Marthas Vineyard are my favorites. Just renting the scooter to get around makes it all worth it. I love those scooters. If you have a motorcycle u can do that too, the hotels are great and the bar crowd used to be top notch. Wonderful vacations I had on those two islands

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,402
    Newport RI was nice. If you want to get laid take a private boat rental on the 4th and see the fireworks from it. Guaranteed Panty dropper

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,745
    Whatever you do...don't EVER buy a small toy dog. ****z Zu or its ilk.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us