Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which receivers would you keep?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Ford's injury history? What about Nelson's?

Injuries happen, this is the NFL, all players are currently healthy, there should not be any thought about a player's injury past unless it is impacting or has the potential to impact his performance.
    O K...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Zero chance Saunders or Evans get cut... I don't think some people understand that the practice squad involves them getting cut first.

This is my order:

1. Decker
    2. Kerley
    3. Nelson
    4. Saunders
    5. Evans
    6. Hill

I think Hill has a good training camp and barely beats out Enunwa. Don't think Jacoby Ford makes it. Same with Salas and the others.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Zero chance Saunders or Evans get cut... I don't think some people understand that the practice squad involves them getting cut first.

This is my order:

1. Decker
    2. Kerley
    3. Nelson
    4. Saunders
    5. Evans
    6. Hill

I think Hill has a good training camp and barely beats out Enunwa. Don't think Jacoby Ford makes it. Same with Salas and the others.
    If that is your Wr corps than how much have you actually improved at WR, from last year. Your basically going to be counting on your top three to produce. (Decker, Kerley and Nelson) Saunders might help on special teams( punt returner but at NFl Wr 5'9 165 - good luck there) Shaq Evans is a rookie and ismn't going to help much in 2014. S Hill is as useful as Johnnie lam jones was. Who has to worry about a Wr that can't catch.

The jets ever get an injury to there top three wr and it would be a very long season once again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    If that is your Wr corps than how much have you actually improved at WR, from last year. Your basically going to be counting on your top three to produce. (Decker, Kerley and Nelson) Saunders might help on special teams( punt returner but at NFl Wr 5'9 165 - good luck there) Shaq Evans is a rookie and ismn't going to help much in 2014. S Hill is as useful as Johnnie lam jones was. Who has to worry about a Wr that can't catch.

The jets ever get an injury to there top three wr and it would be a very long season once again.
    Shut the **** up you troll.

All Pro

Curious - who do you think is a better prospect, juron criner or stephen hill?

Hall Of Fame
    Ford's injury history? What about Nelson's?

Injuries happen, this is the NFL, all players are currently healthy, there should not be any thought about a player's injury past unless it is impacting or has the potential to impact his performance.
    Simply not true and logically inconsistent to boot.

A great deal was made about Curtis martin's durability during his career and I certainly remember you being among the posters who voiced that argument. Well what is durability in the NFL if not the ability to be injury resistant over time? If that characteristic is a positive for players who have it (and I agree that it is) then it is logically inconsistent to say that for players with a significant injury history that the risk of future injury should not be a consideration.

That's like Allstate saying that you can enjoy rewards for good (accident-free) driving at the same time that they are running commercials touting their accident forgiveness policy.

You wouldn't be trying to have both sides of this argument depending on which players were being discussed would you Ray?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Curious - who do you think is a better prospect, juron criner or stephen hill?
    Neither one look like a legitimate Pro Prospect.( S Hill has the measurable you look for in a WR, and he would be consider the better prospect) Both have serious questions in their game. Juron Criner can he create separation against NFl defenders(very good college Wr who skills might not be suited for the NFl game- ), and S Hill is his hands reliable enough. ( time doesn't improve that- show me a WR who hands became alot better with more experience) Two different extremes but two players who probably aren't long for the NFL .

Really doesn't matter what you hear in Ota's about either ( playing in their shorts- with no contact), as when they start to play for a real, are probably going to disappoint like they have the last two years.(fatal flaws in their game)

JMO J Criner has no chance to win a roster spot with the Raiders, as I say right now their six wr's would be Rod streater2. James Jones 3. Denarius Moore 4. Greg little 5. Andre Holmes 6. Brice Butler - look for him to be the big surprise of 2014 . Juron Criner isn't better than anyone of the Wr mention.

BTw If Criner is on the Raiders 53 man roster than they aren't putting out there best Wr corps possible . ( same applies with my argument that I was using on the Jets Wr corps) He can't make the roster if you are looking to upgrade that position.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-03-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    • Decker
    • Kerley
    • Hill
    • Nelson
    • Saunders
    • Evans
    • Enunwa
    • Salas
    • Campbell
    • Ford
    • Gates
    • Hakim

The Jets currently have 12 wide receivers. Half of these are not going to make the rosters. Which six would you choose?

For me, it's:

Decker, Nelson, Hill and Evans on the outside

Kerley and Saunders on the inside
    Agree with your list. Stephen Hill has been an enormous disappointment so far but if he got his head out of his ass he could be a decent player. Crazier has happened.

All Pro
    We're likely top keep 6 and mine would be: Decker, Kerley, Hill, Saunders, Evans and Nelson.

The organization isn't giving up on Hill and Ford can't stay healthy either - plus Saunders should be able to help in the PR/KR department. He was a dynamic PR'er at Oklahoma.

Those are my six.

Enunwa on the PS unless he can beat out Nelson.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Simply not true and logically inconsistent to boot.

A great deal was made about Curtis martin's durability during his career and I certainly remember you being among the posters who voiced that argument. Well what is durability in the NFL if not the ability to be injury resistant over time? If that characteristic is a positive for players who have it (and I agree that it is) then it is logically inconsistent to say that for players with a significant injury history that the risk of future injury should not be a consideration.
    First, in Ford, he's had one injury, a lisfranc (sp?) fracture, it took him over a year to get back, it would appear he's healthy and ready to go this pre-season, how is that any different than Nelson's ACL injury, which was my point?

Injuries can also be freakish and a matter of a player being caught in a position at the wrong place at the wrong time, sometimes it's a matter of bad luck, look no further than players who get hurt without contact with another player.

Players at different positions also have different risks in terms of injury, Martin's durability was a pure wonder because he played a position that imposes the greatest risk of injury, which was probably why I made such an argument.

There are far too many variables that go into how and why injuries happen with a player, and injuries can happen to a player that doesn't have an medical resume. Depending on the injury, and the significance, the risk of re-injury will vary. This isn't an exact science to make a blanket statement that "player A is coming off an injury, so he won't make the team" it's crap

That's like Allstate saying that you can enjoy rewards for good (accident-free) driving at the same time that they are running commercials touting their accident forgiveness policy.

You wouldn't be trying to have both sides of this argument depending on which players were being discussed would you Ray?
    Both sides of what argument? What kind of psychobabble bull**** is this?

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Agree with your list. Stephen Hill has been an enormous disappointment so far but if he got his head out of his ass he could be a decent player. Crazier has happened.
    Give me one Wr who had lousy hands , and they improved a lot in that area, with more time. see Dhb - the kid put in the work and did improve some( hands) . never to the point you can count on him. There is a reason why some players play Cb instead of Wr. ( bad hands)

At some point the Jets are going to come to the same conclusion that a lot of teams came to. a Wr can have all the raw talent you would ever want , but if they can't catch the ball consistently , you're just wasting time trying to develop them.

All League
    Give me one Wr who had lousy hands , and they improved a lot in that area, with more time. see Dhb - the kid put in the work and did improve some( hands) . never to the point you can count on him. There is a reason why some players play Cb instead of Wr. ( bad hands)

At some point the Jets are going to come to the same conclusion that a lot of teams came to. a Wr can have all the raw talent you would ever want , but if they can't catch the ball consistently , you're just wasting time trying to develop them.
    The majority here think Stephen Hill is dogsh1t so you're barking up the wrong tree trying to get a rise from people.

Go concern yourself about your own sh1tty receiving corp and how you will hold a parade in jokeland if those washed up scrubs get you to 8-8.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    The majority here think Stephen Hill is dogsh1t so you're barking up the wrong tree trying to get a rise from people.

Go concern yourself about your own sh1tty receiving corp and how you will hold a parade in jokeland if those washed up scrubs get you to 8-8.
    Maybe you should read the thread before you comment on my response.( a lot of Jet fans think S Hill will be one of the six Wr's - so take it up with them) Again just adding Decker( solid pickup) and two rookie Wr( one a 5'9 165) is drastically going to change the Jet Wr corp this year , as your basically counting on last year Wr to produce. ( keeping Hill and Nelson) 1. decker - good signing 2 Kerley 3 Nelson 4 Hill 5 and 6 two rookie Wr who aren't going to help much there first year at Wr.

Yes Jets Wr corps is better than last year( hard to get worse) but if that is your Wr corps, it still isn't on par with most Nfl Wr corps. would be one injury away , from major trouble again at Wr.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-04-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    First, in Ford, he's had one injury, a lisfranc (sp?) fracture, it took him over a year to get back, it would appear he's healthy and ready to go this pre-season, how is that any different than Nelson's ACL injury, which was my point?

Injuries can also be freakish and a matter of a player being caught in a position at the wrong place at the wrong time, sometimes it's a matter of bad luck, look no further than players who get hurt without contact with another player.

Players at different positions also have different risks in terms of injury, Martin's durability was a pure wonder because he played a position that imposes the greatest risk of injury, which was probably why I made such an argument.

There are far too many variables that go into how and why injuries happen with a player, and injuries can happen to a player that doesn't have an medical resume. Depending on the injury, and the significance, the risk of re-injury will vary. This isn't an exact science to make a blanket statement that "player A is coming off an injury, so he won't make the team" it's crap

Both sides of what argument? What kind of psychobabble bull**** is this?
    OK so let's take this in order. Firstly as we know from Santonio Holmes and have heard from others the recovery from a lisfranc injury can actually be a very tricky multi-year proposition. It is also the type of injury which can get re-aggravated and so I would think concern about injury (or re-injury) in Ford's case is completely legitimate.

However that is not what you said and not what I originally responded to..... You said

...there should not be any thought about a player's injury past unless it is impacting or has the potential to impact his performance.
    Which is a far more sweeping and generalized statement about (presumably) all players and their injury histories and this is the statement that I feel is just wrong on it's face. Go ask Kevin Mawae about playing in front of a QB "made of glass". Go ask the fans up in New England how they feel about the fact that Gronk only seems to be able to suit up fro around 50% of the games. The list goes on. Some players are durable and some for whatever reason are not. The latter group who do exist and who are not figments of our collective imagination show the flaw in your rather silly statement above.

All League
    Maybe you should read the thread before you comment on my response.( a lot of Jet fans think S Hill will be one of the six Wr's - so take it up with them) Again just adding Decker( solid pickup) and two rookie Wr( one a 5'9 165) is drastically going to change the Jet Wr corp this year , as your basically counting on last year Wr to produce. ( keeping Hill and Nelson) 1. decker - good signing 2 Kerley 3 Nelson 4 Hill 5 and 6 two rookie Wr who aren't going to help much there first year at Wr.

Yes Jets Wr corps is better than last year( hard to get worse) but if that is your Wr corps, it still isn't on par with most Nfl Wr corps. would be one injury away , from major trouble again at Wr.
    I don't need to read the thread to pick up on your negative spiel, you're basically trying to tell everyone who hopes Stephen Hill can develop that it's not going to happen(shocker)....well thanks for the heads up.

I'm telling you you're wasting your time because most agree he will probably amount to nothing. At least we can face reality about deficiencies with our team unlike you.

As for this years corp, you're forgetting Chris Johnson out of the backfield and Amaro who can line up out wide, these extra threats also free up Kerley, Nelson and Cumberland to be more productive. MM will utilise all these players and scheme them into his offense

Oh and how come we can't anoint Shaq Evans and Saunders? Yet you can blow smoke up every jags arse you pickup?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

This is my order:

1. Decker
    2. Kerley
    3. Nelson
    4. Saunders
    5. Evans
    6. Hill

That's how I see it too.

The FO doesn't owe Hill anything, nor should they, but I think he shows up during TC. It's easy to forget that this guy just turned 23(!) under two months ago. By all accounts, he has a positive attitude and the "want-to" to get better. The kid can't get better if he keeps getting dinged up, however.

I think we can sneak Enunwa through waivers and latch him onto the PS this year.

If I'm a Jets WR this TC, I'm doing anything and everything in my power to stay hydrated, stretched, and healthy. One mere hammy pull or sprained ankle will put you behind the 8 ball and not on the final 53.

Much improved. Decker is a better and more consistent WR than what we had last season. Our passing attack was much better when Kerley was playing last season. Jalen Saunders will be more than a PR, hes 5'9 175 actually. Desean Jackson and Ty Hilton are similar in size with Saunders. Saunders lack of size didn't give him any trouble giving Alabama fits, I think he can be a solid WR.

Our WRs are also deeper than last season, we have at least 2 excellent route runners with Decker and Kerley, which will help the QB. Jace Amaro will make plays in the passing game.

Practice Squad
    Depends,on,how,Enunwa,looks,in,pre,season....We,ma y,be,able,to,slip,him,on,the,PS,if,he,doesn't,do,t oo,well.

All League
    I really hope Shaq Evans can step up and seize the starting job on the outside and share reps with Nelson. It would free up both Kerley and Saunders to roam underneath from the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    That's how I see it too.

The FO doesn't owe Hill anything, nor should they, but I think he shows up during TC. It's easy to forget that this guy just turned 23(!) under two months ago. By all accounts, he has a positive attitude and the "want-to" to get better. The kid can't get better if he keeps getting dinged up, however.

I think we can sneak Enunwa through waivers and latch him onto the PS this year.

If I'm a Jets WR this TC, I'm doing anything and everything in my power to stay hydrated, stretched, and healthy. One mere hammy pull or sprained ankle will put you behind the 8 ball and not on the final 53.
    I don't think Enunwa would make it through waivers. There are plenty of WR needy teams who would give a shot to a 6'2", 230lbs WR who runs in the 4.4s. Besides, you could keep him on the roster as an h-back.