Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN - Brady no longer top 5

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Every time they lose I rush into the closet and start fabrezing my backup team gear. I bought one of those zombie survival bug out bags and loaded it with 5 different team jerseys because preparation is my middle name.
    You need to pick one of those teams now (were the Jets one of them?) - you are much too funny to be a Pats fan.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Against who, when (now?), where, with what team mates, which officiating crew and with which coaching staff/game plan? The NFL isn't a one man game. There is SO much more that goes into it. As much as it pains me to say it I think that Brady would be more successful than Luck and definitely more than Rivers with a generic coach/team. He has such a quick release and good vision. The one instance I can see maybe liking Luck more is with a poor Oline as I think he is more mobile. Maybe in time Luck will be as good or better but I just don't see it now.
    brady would be nothing without cameras, cheating that is all he is same with their coach.

she has a quick release because she knew what the defense was doing.

I will never put brady in my top 100 QB's of all-time.
    Last edited by ucrenegade; 06-04-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Time to change the graphics, no?
    Sanchez will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post

So much for Brady's HOF chances.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    There still isn't a QB in the NFL I would take over him if I were planning on a championship run for 2015.
    Wow... I'm sorry. Put a dream team together and STILL lose the big game.

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    This guy is a goddamn treasure and I will fist fight anyone who says otherwise.
    That's FF2 isn't it!!

brady would be nothing without cameras, cheating that is all he is same with their coach.

You sound like one of these dumbass Boston fans who say Jeter isn't a first ballot HOFer.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    You sound like one of these dumbass Boston fans who say Jeter isn't a first ballot HOFer.
    Jeter is such a perfect equivalent to Brady. Pretty boy who gets the media love, has won championships, has made the rival's fans miserable for years, and beating him or watching him fail just brings total joy to the other side. But I've never wished for injury to him or denied how good he is. Some Jets fans take it beyond football and it speaks to their own issues more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Jeter is such a perfect equivalent to Brady. Pretty boy who gets the media love, has won championships, has made the rival's fans miserable for years, and beating him or watching him fail just brings total joy to the other side. But I've never wished for injury to him or denied how good he is. Some Jets fans take it beyond football and it speaks to their own issues more than anything else.
    The only thing Joe Torre told anyone to steal was a base. So no, Jeter's championships aren't tainted.

The Red Sox fans who have an IQ above 70 acknowledge Jeter's greatness just like the Jets fans who actually know about football acknowledge that Brady is a great player and one of the greatest qb's who ever lived. I get the hate - they're both winners who probably could have sex with half the female population of planet earth if they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    The only thing Joe Torre told anyone to steal was a base. So no, Jeter's championships aren't tainted.
    There were roiders on those Yankee teams that won World Series but there were roiders on ever MLB roster during that era to include the Boston Red Sox teams with Manny and Ortiz.

Rookie
    ^^
    This guy has class!!

Except Jeter isn't gay and he has legit championships!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Another viewpoint taken by Borges, who isn't known for his liking BB or Pats for that matter.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/colum...ut_still_elite
    So naturally, this time, we should heed what Borges writes, because it's pro Patriot?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I wouldn't admit this, only a fool believes Brady isn't a top 100 QB

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Huge difference. Brady is not likable, Jeter is. Brady is a whiney player, Jeter never whines. Brady makes fun of opponents, slips snide remarks in, Jeter doesn't. Jeter has a million times more class than Brady, fans everywhere see it and know it. It's why fans in every ballpark come to cheer Jeter, not Brady.

And this is from a die hard Met fan who hates the Yankees.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Hey, this is OT, but I actually don't think Jeter should be in the HOF. He was never the best player on his team, let alone in the league. He wasn't even the best shortstop on his team. He never won an MVP, and was lucky to be on great teams throughout most of his career.?

He has a rep for getting big hits in the post season, but when you are in the post season 95% of your career your going to get some hits. Just a completely over rated guy. A great Yankee, but not an all time great.

Full disclosure I ahte t Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Huge difference. Brady is not likable, Jeter is. Brady is a whiney player, Jeter never whines. Brady makes fun of opponents, slips snide remarks in, Jeter doesn't. Jeter has a million times more class than Brady, fans everywhere see it and know it. It's why fans in every ballpark come to cheer Jeter, not Brady.

And this is from a die hard Met fan who hates the Yankees.
    Jeter carries himself with the same air that makes everyone hate Brady. Both are total corporate guys who just say cookie-cutter lines.

People hate Brady a lot more because of Belichick, who is near-universally hated amongst the rest of the sports world's fans.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-04-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jeter carries himself with the same air that makes everyone hate Brady. Both are total corporate guys who just say cookie-cutter lines.
    No he doesn't. Jeter doesn't make cracks about being held to a score like Brady vs the Giants. Brady comes off like a whiney sh1t who cries to refs, Jeter doesn't make excuses. Think what you want bit from someone who dislikes both teams, there is a difference.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No he doesn't. Jeter doesn't make cracks about being held to a score like Brady vs the Giants. Brady comes off like a whiney sh1t who cries to refs, Jeter doesn't make excuses. Think what you want bit from someone who dislikes both teams, there is a difference.
    The problem is he takes on the persona of his classless, cheating, scummy HC.